+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exposure to Mould

Hi everyone

Our office got severely flooded last week during a crazy storm so there is quite a strong smell of dampness in the carpet however we have found a few items that have gone mouldy. I am 31 weeks and don't have much of a choice where I sit, until someone comes in to the office to clean the carpet, what are the risks to my baby? Surely it can't be good having to breathe in the smell although after awhile you stop noticing ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My thoughts are that any risks to your baby would be very low. The wet dog smell from the carpet although unpleasant is not likely to be toxic as such. Inhaling mould can be a problem for triggering asthma and maybe cause infection in very susceptible people- people with very poor lung function, very suppressed immune systems.
    If you're worried run it by your OB, or talk to your work about having time off until it is cleaned up. Otherwise get as much air flow through there as you can.

Similar Threads

1. Mould
    By SAgirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 18:27
  2. Urgent Help re Babies potential exposure to cold sores
    By laned in forum Serious Health Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-04-2014, 23:49
  3. Affect of short-term exposure to paint fumes in first trimester??
    By heartstringz in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-12-2013, 10:28