+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else in rockhampton and pregnant?

I just found out im pregnant after my first ivf cycle. Was wondering if there are any other mums to be in rockhampton and if they know of any antenatal classes and dates. I cant find anything on google.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats I'm in Rocky and I have a 14 month old... If you are going private there is a weekend class that your OB will give you details about and if you are going public, I believe they start at about 20 weeks and they will give you the details at your first appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmck View Post
    Congrats I'm in Rocky and I have a 14 month old... If you are going private there is a weekend class that your OB will give you details about and if you are going public, I believe they start at about 20 weeks and they will give you the details at your first appointment.
    Thank you. And thanks.its so hard to get information around here.i will be going private. Im so excited and I cant wait to be told haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jasmine, I have just found out I am pregnant and wondering how you went about finding information for Rockhampton - It is so hard to find I have found and have no idea where to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey!!! I havent looked into it to be honest.after researching the net and finding nothing I thought ill just wait until I go to the base hospital and ask all my questions then. I have a couple of friends here who have just had there babys so i have an idea of what they do. I know at the base hospital if u are low risk pregnancy u can actually have a team of midwives to see for all your antenatal appointments and they actually deliever your baby.which is what I want to do instead of seeing different drs all the time. I know that the base also has a big bath that you can go in when your in labour but you are not allowed to give birth in there (no water births) but if the baby is coming its not like they can get u out of the bath. I just realised I said i was going private in the message before, im actually going public, at the base. Where are you going? How many weeks are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really that actually does sounds good. I found out I should be around 5 weeks but I have a doctors appointment on Monday to start whatever needs to happen. I was speaking to the nurse there who told me the base is pretty good and to go there unless of coarse you don't like it then try private health if you need to. But I think I might try that way to as long as my little one makes it past that 12 weeks. Which makes me on edge now until then too ! There is so many things that you change whilst pregnant I think I have overloaded with information 😳 I wish I had a lot of friends up here that had babies but majority are just the work mates and no kids . How many weeks are you??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm not currently pregnant but have had 3 babies in rockhampton, 2 at the Mater & 1 at the Base. Happy to try & answer any questions As for antenatal classes the ones at the Mater are late in the pregnancy (around 32-36 weeks) and run over a weekend at a cost of $150-$200, and wasn't covered by private health (medibank). I didn't attend the ones at the base but believe they are a weekly class that go from around 25 weeks. If you go through the base you will see your GP until 20 weeks when you have your first hospital appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd1318 View Post
    Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm not currently pregnant but have had 3 babies in rockhampton, 2 at the Mater & 1 at the Base. Happy to try & answer any questions As for antenatal classes the ones at the Mater are late in the pregnancy (around 32-36 weeks) and run over a weekend at a cost of $150-$200, and wasn't covered by private health (medibank). I didn't attend the ones at the base but believe they are a weekly class that go from around 25 weeks. If you go through the base you will see your GP until 20 weeks when you have your first hospital appointment.
    ThanKS mbd1318! Thank you so much for the info. I am still deciding which one I think I will go to. Might has to be the base but which one did you find to be better? The Mater or the Base? I heard the base has a team of Midwives that help out instead of different doctors which is nicer but I am not sure. I think I should just be waiting for the first appointment but just don't know ha ha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go back to the base, I found the midwives there to be lovely and the equipment in the delivery rooms was miles ahead of the Mater, for example all of the monitors are wireless so you are free to move around, where as the Mater you are restricted by the cords. At base you will have a midwife delivery as opposed to your OB at the Mater, so that's something to consider. If you go private I highly recommend dr Etherington. He is amazing & probably the only thing I really missed about the Mater. As far as your hospital stay, the Mater rooms were nicer, but being my 3rd bub when I was at the base I only stayed 8hrs so not sure what a long stay would be like. Probably a bit of potluck as to what your room mates are like lol. If you have private cover you can go to the base as a private patient & they will try to give you your own room. Money wise, 2.5 years ago I ended up about $3000 out of pocket going private as your OB fees aren't covered (you do get some back on Medicare) and you also have to pay for your pead visits post birth. Sorry for the essay! Lol.