+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You all have amazing DH/DP's.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-12-2014),azelqra  (03-12-2014),GM01  (02-12-2014),TheGooch  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do pretty much everything - shopping, cooking, cleaning, bath time etc plus work 2 days a week. I've also started to mow the lawns as I'm sick of nagging.

DH sometimes irons a shirt or two (because I cannot iron) and grabs a few things from the shops if I forget. He also 'pile shifts' instead of cleaning/tidying up so then I find piles of stuff in random places (sorry slight vent).

I wish he did more but I used to do most things pre kids - I worked less and didn't mind but adding kids into the mix I'm starting to get overwhelmed.

I wish we did 50/50!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work two days per week so not quite SAHM. I do pretty much everything inside the house: washing, cleaning, tidying, shopping, cooking, organising DDs clothes etc. DH occasionally cleans up after dinner but that is it. I take care of everything to do with the dog. I do everything for DD except bathing which DH does.
    He does everything outside including bins and takes care of our finances and pays bills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i was a ft sahm with one child, i did 100% of the child care and home duties. He would mow the lawns, but thats it. However, she was an easy baby & she would have a 3hr nap every day, so i had plenty of time to do everything. When baby #2 was born (18mo gap), she was a very very difficult baby. He was used to doing nothing, and i desperately needed his help. It took probably close to a year for him to adjust to helping out more, but now he will help out a bit with bedtime, bath on the weekends, will clean up after himself a bit more, etc. I probably havent expected him to contribute a lot in the past, which is difficult when i really need his help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do most of the housework - shopping & cooking, kitchen, bathrooms, vacuuming/mopping washing etc etc. He will throw in a load of washing if needed and hang it out, he irons his own work shirts and makes his lunch, mows the lawn, feeds the pets, and if I haven't had much of a chance to do things that day he will either clean up after dinner or take care of DS while I get some things done. We often do the bath/bed together most nights. I use weekends to catch up on things I haven't been able to do during the week while he has some time with DS too.

Since DS has come along he has been so much more proactive in helping out around the place without needing to be repeatedly asked. Before DS housework was a constant source of friction for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one child and I work anywhere from 0-5 days a week (casual teacher).

I do the shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing, dishes..

He mows the lawn and takes the bins out. Occasionally he will do his own washing.

He works from 730-830 most days of the week.. So he doesn't really have time to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do pretty well everything around the house except DH showers the boys (and did when we had just 1, however it means I undress, bring them to him, come get them and then dress them, sooo not all that much help and when I want a break we swap and I shower with them!). He is meant to tidy up after dinner but I usually end up doing it cos he says he'll do it later, and falls asleep so I have to do it in the morning and I hate having a messy kitchen when I wake up, or he puts the plates in the dishwasher and ignores the rest of it then says he's done it...

DH does the maintenance work outside which includes slashing the entire 5 acres and maintaining firebreaks. He feeds the dog, maintains the pool, does the rubbish and does other maintenance stuff.

On weekend days he is home which is only Sunday at the moment he has always helped heaps with DS1, used to bring him to me for a feed then take him, now he gets him up and fed and dressed and will sometimes even take him out so I can sleep. Doesn't do very much with DS2 yet but little babies aren't his forte...

Thanks
    Reviews
    SAHM with one bub here.
    I do all of bubs feeds, bath, bed. I do dinner. I do clothes washing. I do bills. I do finances. I do shopping. Most of the time I clean up after dinner too. DF plays playstation.
    If I didn't do all of the above bub wouldn't be looked after, we would be starving and living in a pigsty. I've tried not doing anything (except bub) and we lived in filth for 2 weeks before I caved. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    He is meant to tidy up after dinner but I usually end up doing it cos he says he'll do it later, and falls asleep so I have to do it in the morning and I hate having a messy kitchen when I wake up, or he puts the plates in the dishwasher and ignores the rest of it then says he's done it...
    This sounds waaaaay too familiar!
    They must teach this trick to boys in high school!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Df likes to say he will do the dishes when he gets home the next day. Knowing full well that I can't sit at home and prepare three more meals and snacks before he even gets home again with them all just sitting there glaring at me.
    Usually I do them cause I can't stand them sitting there. But today I'm protesting and he can do them when gets home. Plus the rest of the dishes I couldn't from today since I can't get near the sink. : /
    That'll teach him not to make airy fairy 'ill do it later' remarks. It's a bit of a cop out.
    Same as - 'it needs to soak'. Is code for I can't be bothered to wash it and will leave it to soak for 4 days before I bother to come back and finish the job.