Closed Thread
Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET in January/February 2015

@StillHopeful ask away all your questions!! That's why we are all here, it's good to hear different experiences. Good to know you have already thought about the different possibilities - personally I wouldn't go through a stim cycle without knowing there was definitely something there and the retrieval was so simple (just a syringe with a bit of local) for me anyway! We have a few straws frozen should none of our remaining 6 blasts don't make it. Means that DH has less to stress about each cycle as he doesn't have to 'perform' :cough: anything to reduce stress I say!

Also don't stress about the gonal f - I think that's what I had and produced 13 eggs with 12 mature and 8 fertilised! Hope it's the same for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much @Excited. That's so reassuring to know.

Do you remember rough costing of the extraction? I guess I'm still trying to believe that we didn't pay 10 grand for the reversal for nothing. But when the clinic opens I might try freeze some (which will tell me what's there for the next week, and if there's nothing, maybe we will still have time to arrange extraction).

I currently have bad lower back pain, which means AF should be here by morning. For the first time in a year and a half I'm happy about that! 😊 the last few days before starting injections are going so slow! I'm going to be going crazy by the time we hit the TWW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @StillHopeful me too, think my crazies have started!

That's prob what I would do for the sperm situation, I would defo see if its possible to do it before, otherwise if not you know financially you did whatever you could and asked all the questions possible this round. Will dig out my old stuff and have a look to see how much it costs. There is ongoing costs for storage but I think its $150 per year which makes it really cheap in the long run!

Yay for hopefully AF tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Excited1, I'm on cd24 right now so af is either a week away or could be up to two weeks away. I hope I get a30-32 day cycle this month. I'm just preparing myself in case it's a longer cycle after a stim last month.

Stillhopeful, I don't have pcos. I've done laparoscopic , scratch , karyomapping, antibodies, blood clotting tests etc and apparently I'm all good. So not sure why I can't get pregnant. I have high AMH 36 so my very first ivf I was on low dosage of puregon. After 4 days, FS increased my dosage but only got 6 eggs in the end. Second cycle, FS changed to menopur 187.5 dosage. After 4 days increased to 225 dosage I got 13 eggs of which 8 fertilised. The FS can always increased your dosage throughout the cycle. Excited us right, first cycle is a bit of experiment but hopefully not for you. I've heard of people who got pregnant on first cycle.

Bella25, welcome. It's normal to feel nervous every cycle. I get nervous before epu. Worried I don't get enough egg. Then worried about fertilisation rate. Then worried about how many eggs to day 5. It's a constant worry. Then after ET I'm even more nervous during 2ww. I hate 2ww. I'd rather take more injection etc instead of doing nothing for two weeks.

Mrsjaguar, I've never heard of letrozole cycle. Could it be a late implanter? Are you going to test again ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Minib, I do realise the first round is meant to be experimental, I just hope after all the disappointment we get lucky! I've had one FS tell me I don't have PCOS, just PCO - which is normal, because I'm young? And current FS TELL me it's likely that I do have PCOS 😏 so confusing but with doing ICSI it didn't matter anyway. Even with clomid, DHs swimmers would never make it lol. FS also said with PCOS it's more likely to over stimulate, so that's probably a plus considering the low dose I'm on.

ONE MORE SLEEP! I can't believe I'm counting down to give myself injections lol! But I know what you mean by being proactive. It feels so much better having something that needs to be done everyday in order to achieve your goal. Even taking the pill the days went faster! These days in between the pill and first injection have gone the slowest! 😏 Also, is there an abbreviation to refer to injection days? Lol. I'm a long time thread reader, but this is the first one I have been involved in! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always loved injection day. Meant I was DOING something! Yay!

Well, I'm 14-15dpo and still BFN and no period. So frustrating. Letrozole is like Clomid, so it helps you to ovulate. Then we triggered, and had timed intercourse. But aparently even that isn't helping with getting a freaking period. I'm CD37 now and getting REALLY cross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sux @mrsjaguar!

I didn't get AF today, the clinic said start jabbing regardless which of course I will, but does that sound weird to anyone else?

Hope you all have a great New Years tonight xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's the new year!

Hi all! It's finally the new year! Yay! I still have to wait for another 2 weeks for anything exciting to be happening but will take is as it comes. Happy to have had a bit of a break mentally but I am ready for our next step. Also hoping that out first attempt at ivf will work, or is that just wishful thinking!? Lol. Hoping everyone is doing ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hoping I can join in. I have just finished (December) my first IVF cycle which resulted in BFN. So DH and I have decided to jump straight in again and we will be doing a frozen transfer maybe this month if not it will be February (as clinic closed parts of Jan for renos).

Really hoping 2015 hold BFP's for us in the not to distant future. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - thanks so much for the reassurance. I'm coming off of 2 consecutive miscarriages, and an unexpectedly low amh result so my confidence is completely shot and I'm worrying about little things. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has worries!

I just can't wait to start the injections, just need to wait for af which should hopefully come before the aus day long weekend.

Can I ask if you or your partners drink alcohol whilst cycling? I doubt I will as the dr said he wouldn't but what about the men? We forgot to ask if it affects the swimmers!