Closed Thread
Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with @Sharlie I was thinking the same thing - better to freeze some now while there are still some.

Sometimes they don't tell us these things and that's why these forums are awesome for info and suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very exciting @Sharlie always good to take some drugs to make us feel like we are doing something proactive! I feel crappy when on a break and waiting for AF as I'm such a proactive person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Sharlie, I had thought about freezing and even rang to book in to do so, but in 2 days time I start injections, so is 2 weeks going to make a difference? The clinic didn't think so. If there's none in 2 weeks there will probably be none now.... Just keeping everything crossed! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Piper01 welcome! I know the feeling of frostie didn't thaw. I was heartbroken to receive the call. When do you expect to start next cycle?
    @StillHopeful we have mfi issue as well. Antibodies. After ttc naturally for over 12 months I was excited about ivf. Because it gave me more hope. You don't need alcohol swab. It's fine. Just wash your hands before you do the injection.
    @Sharlie day one yay! Are you doing medicated FET? I've never had a medicated FET. Is it better than natural?

I'm counting down. Getting impatient! You would think after over 2.5 years on the ttc train, I have become more patient but no. Every time in between cycle I get impatient. I just want to have a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    How long is your cycle normally mrsjaguar? Hopefully only one or two days away from af given you trigger two weeks ago. Would you do a BT just to confirm you aren't pregnant?
    I have crazy cycles. But this is a Letrozole cycle and they're usually much shorter. I'm day 36 now, and either 13-14dpo. All BFN's, so waiting for AF... frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib it's looking like my day 1 will be tomorrow so if so will start Puregon on 1st Jan. At least it feels like you are doing something when you start having injections

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

had FS appt today - he said he was happy to negotiate dose of gonal f and I was a bit shocked being so new to it, had never even heard of the drug or the doses etc. he said I'm small so to start low but my amh is low for age (5.4) so he suggested 200 or 250. I opted for 250-hoping I made right decision... Time will tell.

Is it normal to feel nervous before first round? I'm having bouts of fear/anxiety about ivf not ever working for me and I haven't even tried it yet. FS said I have 2 years left before he'd think my eggs are too old and so I guess this has really upped my angst levels. Hoping to get to my happy/relaxed place soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful I would have thought to do a sperm sample now (and freeze) as if there isn't any in 2weeks when you have egg retrieval, there may not be any to fertilise with? That would be devastating to go through the stim process and then be left with unfertilised eggs- which apparently you can freeze but the success rate to fertilise later is seriously low.

@mrsjaguar sorry to hear they are bfns, fx maybe a late implanter?

@Piper01 yay for starting, hoping for a better round for you

@Minib how is your current cycle going?

@bella25 it is completely normal to be nervous, I think it doesn't matter how many rounds you do there is still a level of nerves/anxiety. I've heard from other ivf ladies that amh is not that reliable at predicting egg reserve and that people who have tested really low have retested and it's been heaps higher... Maybe try the amh thread here for some tips. Just remember that your first cycle of ivf is really also about seeing how your body responds to the drugs! They can adjust it during the cycle if things are going too fast or too slow, sounds like your FS is great for discussing dosage with you. Hopefully they don't have to learn though and the first one is nice and sticky

Hope everyone else is going ok, I have a week left on the pill and then the hormones start - hope they don't make me crazy like last time. Have been debating whether to wait another month but it suits DH work better if we start this month?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited I had already thought that and questioned FS on it but again they really don't think the few weeks will make the difference (and also they are currently closed). They said if there were to be none in 2 weeks it shouldn't be different now, and the plan pretty much is freeze all eggs if that were to happen. It's a scary thought but I'm just praying we got in soon enough. Sperm antibodies aren't the problem, it's scar tissue building in the tubes and poor motility. But DH said if we have to do the extraction, so be it. So at least I know he is supportive of that.

Thanks everyone for the replies regarding the wipes.
    @piper, do you start injections on Jan 1? Sorry everyone if I'm not 100% on all the different cycles and procedures. This is my first IVF for me, I did donor eggs 6 years ago but it seems so much different now.

I'm also stressing about my measley dose on gonal F, however when doing donor eggs I got OHSS so at least I know that shouldn't happen. I'm on the lowest dose of 75units!
    @Minib, I think you said you may have pcos? The FS thinks I might too, which she said was more of a reason for a low dose? Does that sound right to you? May I ask your dosage if you used the same thing?

Thanks again all, can tell its getting closer, I'm more nervous and have a million questions that never crossed my mind before lol. Okay I'm going to stop rambling now 🙊😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited thanks so much that's very reassuring and great advice to check out the amh thread.