Closed Thread
Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emily3011 View Post
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry to hear about the BFN's
    I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what happens during a natural FET cycle. It's been so long since my last appointment. I am on my second blood test for my first natural FET cycle today (CD 13). No ultrasound yet. Is there usually much notice before the transfer is scheduled? Is there an ultrasound before transfer to check lining? I wanted to ask for the day off work for the transfer but I'm wondering how much notice I will have... Any advice would be much appreciated! x
    Hi Emily, I'm in the same boat as you - natural cycle no meds at all. FET booked in tomorrow! 5day blastocyst. They only did BT no ultrasounds so hopefully lining is good but apparently they can tell by the progesterone and estrogen levels hat things are on track.

I am currently at CD23 and 4DPO so looking forward to being PUPO tomorrow!!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    just stumbled across this post...I'm new to the forums. Hope you don't mind joining in. I am currentl on cycled day10 of my 1st ivf icsi cycle. I jst had 1st scan.
    I am 26 have been ttc for 2 years.. have had a dermoid cyst removal via csection, have pcos, 5 failed clomid, 1 failed iui w injections.

Fingerscrossed ..good luck to you all!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mercury For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (29-01-2015),stillhoping83  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hi everyone,
    just stumbled across this post...I'm new to the forums. Hope you don't mind joining in. I am currentl on cycled day10 of my 1st ivf icsi cycle. I jst had 1st scan.
    I am 26 have been ttc for 2 years.. have had a dermoid cyst removal via csection, have pcos, 5 failed clomid, 1 failed iui w injections.

Fingerscrossed ..good luck to you all!!
    Mercury good luck too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldey View Post
    Welcome @newmummy85 you've found a wonderful group of supportive women 😊

Just found out that one of our embryos has made it through testing....yeah. Fingers crossed we can do an FET in feb.
    Hi Oldey, what sort of testing did you do? I wanted to do testing too with our eight 5day blastocysts and they said no at this stage. Apparently the only testing they can is thaw and freezing and thawing and freezing and thawing to see if they survive when it's a 5day. Does that sound right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Jenniwithanl we had PGD testing (preimplantation genetic diagnosis testing). They grow the embryos for 5 days then biopsy them removing just one cell then freeze them. It takes around 2 weeks to get the results so they can only do it on FE not ones used in a fresh cycle. We had 2 tested, one was fine the other was identified at having 5 chromosomal abnormalities and was not viable. The technology is pretty amazing....they were even able to tell us the gender of our little frozen embryo 😉

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldey For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (29-01-2015),Sharlie  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @Jenniwithanl we had PGD testing (preimplantation genetic diagnosis testing). They grow the embryos for 5 days then biopsy them removing just one cell then freeze them. It takes around 2 weeks to get the results so they can only do it on FE not ones used in a fresh cycle. We had 2 tested, one was fine the other was identified at having 5 chromosomal abnormalities and was not viable. The technology is pretty amazing....they were even able to tell us the gender of our little frozen embryo 😉
    That is amazing! how much did you have to pay for the pgd testing. I saw it on our price list and ours was roughly 5k! Eek. Amazing what science can do. I worry about ours and what they are like genetically,

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid $450 initially then $200 per embryo to be tested (think its going up to $300 shortly). Considering we only had 2 embryos tested it was a viable option but yes...definitely an added cost. Considering the number of miscarriages we've had it was suggested to be useful for us to help our odds of being successful.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldey For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Strange they didn't recommend that to me and steered me away but maybe because we've only on our second cycle. Still would be nice to know which ones aren't viable and which are. Maybe we'll see after this one but fx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

i have aves poked my head in here a couple of times but haven't really said anything. So here goes.

in 2010 I did my first stim cycle which resulted in severe ohss, a stay in icu and two frozen embies. Due to the severity of the ohss, I couldn't go to transfer, so transferred 3 months later which resulted in my beautiful, now 3yo. Since then we transferred the other frostie in June 2014, stim cycle in October 2014 and another stim this month. Transfer was Sunday just gone. I have again developed ohss and just still feel appalling. So swollen that I look 20 weeks pregnant, cramps, nausea, just hideous really. I just want to feel better. Any ideas to help get rid of this bloat? i usually run 5km 3-4 times a week but am completely unable to consider this atm and would it even help? I am so dragged down by this that I can't even stress over whether this transfer is likely to work or not.

Thanks for listening.
    kiz