Closed Thread
Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone! Hope all is well. The days can't come fast enough to start my first ICSI cycle but I have a question if anyone can help me? I had a US on day 3 then started the pill that day. Still on it until the end of the month when I'll start injections. US showed 17 and 19 follicles (left and right) but now a couple weeks later I feel a bit sore 😁 like the feeling of full ovaries that I had before doing ivf, even though I'm currently on the pill. I don't really know how the pill works so maybe there's an explanation but I'm just worried that something could wreck starting injections on the 1st.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @freakedout44 I will need to google it. Sounds very complex. But it makes sense why it has been so hard for you to be pregnant. Hopefully now they diagnosed it they can treat it.
    @Keiko2012 I think it's good that you are going ahead in jan. Must be sick of waiting. Sometimes a different doctor might be good. Different opinion.
    @StillHopeful my clinic , mivf, does both day 3 and day 5 transfer. My first cycle I had day 3 transfer as I only had two embryos. Last cycle I did day 5 transfer. My FS prefers day 5 sample if I can get enough embryos. icsi is good if your dH has mfi. First cycle 6 eggs, 4 fertilised , 2 embryos on day three. Last cycle, 13 eggs, 8 fertilised and 5 day 5 embryos. Transferred one bfn. Now have four in the freezer. Our issue is MFI. DH has antibodies in both head and tail of sperm. Also have high abnormal sperm. He has good sperm count so that help slightly. FS said ICSI is the way to go with our issue. My fresh cycle I'm about $5k out of pocket. The bill was $10k but got about $5k back from Medicare. Frozen cycle is cheaper. From memory around $2k out of pocket. Sorry I can't help with your question re the pill. I have always been on antagonist cycle so always straight on injection on day three. How are you feeling now?

Welcome @Emerald26 sorry to hear about the the miscarriages. Hope you are ok now. Let's hope 2015 is our year.

Almost the new year ladies! Let's kiss goodbye 2014 and to a great 2015 - baby time!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very quickly popping in to say hi & make it easier to find this thread later. We're just working our way through another failure (our crappy history is in my sig) after what was the best cycle we have ever had numbers wise. It just seems like such a total kick in the teeth to fail this time - we're used to failing but we had awesome embies this cycle (for once) and the Dr gave us a 60% chance of it working... I guess I'm taking it a little harder than usual

This is the first time ever that we have had frosties so we've got a medicated FET planned for late Jan / early Feb which seems like forever away but will no doubt fly by! I promise to pop by and catch up on all your stories very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @kalliope! My goodness, you have been through the ringer. What a tough journey you’ve had. I’m so sorry that your recent cycle didn’t work out – I can only imagine your disappointment after having your hopes raised like that. I really hope that one of your precious frosties is the lucky one for you in 2015.

@StillHopeful I’m not sure about your pill question to be honest. I know that I’ve been having funny twinges and pains and CM on synarel even though I theoretically shouldn’t be ovulating while taking it, so who knows? Does your FS have nurses you could call and chat to? I’ve found the nurses at my clinic much easier to get a hold of than the FS himself (as great as he is), and always happy to answer questions. They might be able to give you a bit more info on the medications you’ll be on and put your mind at rest about being able to start on time too.

Afm, not much to report. I’m hating the synarel and finding the side-effects quite tough, but trying to keep my eyes on the prize and just ride it out. Hopefully my marriage will survive to tell the tale I’ll start the pill and see FS again in mid-Jan, so will get my start date for injections then too. Hoping the time passes quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! Hoping it's ok to join you - I see a few familiar names unfortunately from when I cycled a few months ago. I am gearing up for another FET in mid Jan after 2 previous BFPs (1 m/c and 1 ectopic and loss of tube). It took me a lot longer physically to heal after the ectopic surgery in oct but now eager to jump on the bandwagon again. Just waiting for AF due on 6/1, I am on the pill so should be spot on.

Lots of :babydust: to everyone and looking forward to following everyone's (hopefully successful) journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All! Hope you don't mind me joining in.

We're trying for #2... have been for a while now. I had a FET in June (BFP! lost baby at 11 weeks.. T21) and another FET in September (BFP! lost that baby at nearly 6 weeks) & then did another stim cycle in November, but we had to do a freeze all due to high progesterone.

We have 8 day 1 frosties ready to grow out and should hopefully get to start a FET in January. Not very hopeful as all my frosties have failed spectacularly so far... but would be nice to have some company!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    hope it's ok if I join too. Starting first ivf cycle in jan - this is all very new to me. I have 2 children already but since then have got adenomyosis, had a miscarriage in May (chemical) and in September (trisomy16). I am 33 and my amh came back at 5.4 last week so my fs said I have the ovaries of a 38 year old. He's confident ivf wih pgd will do the trick for me but I have so many worries and insecurities I'm feeling a bit nervous.

Just wondering if anyone else has had their amh tested and what their FS say about their results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a restful last few days of 2014. Bring on Jan!!
    Is anyone doing or have done a flare cycle with the contraception pill prior?
    I have been instructed to stop on the 28th but forgot to clarify, does that mean take it on the 28th or not?
    I might be confusing myself but am hoping someone can help as my centre is closed now til next Mon.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Juzzabelle10 I'm not sure what protocol that is but I have to take the pill prior to starting my cycles. They explained to me that I must take 21 active days of the pill so it is a 'normal' cycle (as if you have a 28 cycle). So I would count back and see how many days you have taken and make sure you have done 21!

I once miscalculated and accidentally took 22 days but I still got a BFP unfortunately m/c for other reasons but point is it didn't matter- just have my cycle am extra day. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply @Excited1,
    I've been on the pill for over the 21 days now to allow for Xmas shut down and to align my days better for mid week appts etc.
    I did find some paperwork today that says til the 28.12.14 inclusive so I'll run with that.
    I just saw your previous post, I'm sorry to hear it has been a rough road for you. Here's hoping your little frozen Embie is the one xx