Closed Thread
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarah11 View Post
    Hi ladies hope I can join you - we'll be doing cycle #10 (I think I've lost track) starting in late Jan when AF shows up - this will be my last frozen embryo so FX I'm kinda over all the drugs and waiting

Hope everyone else is travelling well
    Hi @Rarah how many FET have you done? I'm about to have my first of 8 embies transfered this month but it is my fear they will not transfer a good one this month and we'll back here again and again. Our first IVF cycle in Nov ended in heartbreak with the fresh transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    Thank you @Scootyboots may I ask what is a blighted ovum? How many weeks along? Good luck with your FET on Thursday - I hope it's a better story this month. For both of us. Fingers crossed I'm only a week or so behind you.
    It's a loss that happens very early in pregnancy, embryo attaches and gestational sack develops but something goes wrong and baby doesn't develop. It can take some time for your body to realise and you continue to feel pregnant (morning sickness, fatigue) we found out at our scan at 8 weeks. 😔 I'm not sure why my clinic didn't scan me at 6weeks like they did with my son, but I'll be demanding one earlier this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick question. Tomorrow i am off to FS for scan. I assume to check the lining thickness. I have an estimated transfer date of the 30th and I'm just wondering why there is a 2 week gap between scan & transfer. In normal circumstances wouldn't transfer normally occur a week after? By the time transfer comes I will be CD24. I'm on my 2nd IVF transfer so this is still all new to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniSam View Post
    A quick question. Tomorrow i am off to FS for scan. I assume to check the lining thickness. I have an estimated transfer date of the 30th and I'm just wondering why there is a 2 week gap between scan & transfer. In normal circumstances wouldn't transfer normally occur a week after? By the time transfer comes I will be CD24. I'm on my 2nd IVF transfer so this is still all new to me
    I haven't even been for my first BT and predicting FET will be before you on 27th, let alone scan. But I'm just using a kit and they did say to wait until high reading before coming in for BT. I guess if I haven't had a high reading by Tues I'll go in for first BT and then they'll book me in for scan. Seems a bit far away for you but every clinic is different and I don't know either as I'm only on my 2nd too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DaniSam it depends on what type of FET you are doing. They wait for ovulation and then cause the embryo is 5days, they need to wait 5 days after ovulation to then implant.

Its weird that you guys get estimated dates - this is my 2nd FET and they really only give me the next step as it depends on your normal cycle. Mine are generally really long so for eg had baseline bloods on cd2, BT on cd9(wed) oestrogen (E2) hadn't moved from 100 so then another blood on cd12 (sat) which E2 went up to 360 so then I have a BT and scan to check lining and E2 on tues cd15. On tues they will ring me with results and tell me whether to trigger or more bloods etc. is this different to you guys?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same as you @Excited1 I had no idea when it would be (I mean I could do a rough guess but it was dependent on how I responded to my puregon as we are on a medicated FET) it wasn't till Friday after bloods and an ultrasound that they told me to trigger and transfer would be on Thursday. I don't know a time though I'm waiting to talk to the embryologist Wednesday morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @StillHopeful. Yes, it is very exciting. I honestly can't believe we have made it 5 days considering our low fertilization result.
    Hope your feeling good since trfs and your little ones are growing nicely x

Good luck today @octonaught 😀

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzzabelle10 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're welcome Juzzabelle, can't wait to hear you're PUPO! 😉

I'm so anxious to find out if anything made it until tomorrow and am half disappointed the clinic updates me on day one and then not until appt because I have no patience! Lol!

Looking forward to the news ladies 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy transfer day @octonaut.
    Hope you are finished in time to make your flight

Thanks
    Reviews

5 follicles > 3 eggs > 2 fertilised > 1x9 cell embie went back today at day 3.
    The second one is 4 cells and not looking promising but they might freeze it. I'm torn, frozen transfers have a better chance (60% vs 40%) and the neonatal outcomes are better (fewer low birthweight babies, fewer prems), but it would feel wrong to freeze my one chance at a baby. So I'm praying that my second one perks up enough to freeze. Bloke says 30% chance at my age, having had babies already. It's all a massive weird science experiment with live people.

That transfer was painful! Who are my testing buddies? Octonaught?