Closed Thread
Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hermia View Post
    hey folks,

mind if I join in? I will be going through it all again in Jan/Feb. I had an EPU this June, one fresh transfer (CP) and two frosties (both m/c ed at 7 weeks). Just had the last m/c a couple of weeks ago.

FS has suggested we go for PGD next time around. Has anyone else done this?

In the meantime, looking forward to a big Christmas holiday!

Here's to 2015 for all of us!
    Welcome hermia, I'm so sorry to read you have had two miscarriages. I've had one and it was the worst day of my life. I've never done PGD. Have only read about it. Is this because you've had a couple mc? Might be a good idea as they test the embryo more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

hermia  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, what vitamin or supplements are you taking ?
    Me - elevit, fish oil, vit d, vit e, evening primrose oil (although I stop this when I was stimming)
    I used to take coq10 and b complex too but have run out. Worth buying these again?
    dH - menevit, vit d, fish oil, vit e, vit c, zinc. DH has MFI. Antibodies and abnormal sperm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Minib I’m currently taking Elevit, Berocca, Zinc, Vitamin E, CoQ10 and fish oil. I have no idea if it will make any difference, but I figure it won’t do any harm, so definitely worth a shot

It *may* just be the synarel making me extra emotional today, but reading this thread, I’m struck by the sadness of what everyone has gone through to get to this point. The miscarriages, bfns, failed cycles, unexpected diagnoses, awful disappointments. I’m so sad for all of us that we are here.

I truly hope that 2015 brings better luck for everyone and lots of healthy bubs

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

hermia  (10-12-2014),Sharlie  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Welcome hermia, I'm so sorry to read you have had two miscarriages. I've had one and it was the worst day of my life. I've never done PGD. Have only read about it. Is this because you've had a couple mc? Might be a good idea as they test the embryo more.

thanks @Minib -yes, I would not wish those miscarriages on my worst enemy. the PGD is so that we can ensure that any embryos we transfer are genetically normal, thereby reducing the risk of m/c. it means fewer embies to transfer, but I'd really rather not go through that heartache again. i'll keep posting on how we go with it so other people who might be considering it can read. I haven't found many forum posts about PGD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

Wondering if I could join in?
    I have been frequenting blogs for the last 16 months but the is my FIRST time posting!

My Story:
    Me 26 DH 43
    Both have children from first marriage. Youngest is 7. Desperately wanting a bub to complete our his, hers and ours family. DH had a vasectomy like 15 years ago. We had it reversed sept 2013. To be honest I never imagined myself here. I was reading forums on how long it took to conceive after VR and was sure I was going to post that it took us just 7 weeks! Then that became 11 weeks, then 15, then I stopped counting the weeks and just continued opks, temping and charting and month after month BFN. DH SA was 5mil at 3months post op, then 60mil! At 6months with poor morphology, then 25mil at 9 months again 98% immotile. Then we started looking into IVF. After a consultation at 12 months post op we gave the IVF place a sample to test. My heart broke when it came back 3million per ml and poor morphology 😭. This means perhaps scar tissue is closing up the tubes and the 10k we spent on the reversal will be for nothing if that happens. I'm hoping it hasent as on Jan 1 I start injections for our first round of ICSI! Of course I'm more hopeful than I should be and wanting it to happen first try. Reality is there might be no sperm left by that stage 😭. I have done IVF 6years ago to donate eggs (ended up being a negative experience even though it was successful!) so I'm familiar with the process and the weeks can't go fast enough. Luckily it's Xmas to pass the time!

Sorry for the novel, but this is the background on the longest and hardest journey in my life TTC. I feel for all you ladies, I thought I would be pregnant last Xmas and the constant disappointment is gut wrenching. I hope 2015 (early 2015 preferably😉) is our year!

We are going through a low cost centre and I'm being put on the lowest dosage 😏 other forums I've read ladies are only getting like 3 eggs at pick up. I so hope we get more but I guess I should be realistic.

Even writing this the weight off my shoulders is incredible, DH and I have kept our journey to ourselves (except a handful of people) and it's so good to be able to talk to ladies who know what I'm going through. 2014 has been hell. I've put off doing so much thinking, I'll be pregnant then (I had hyperemesis both times being pregnant) and then nothing but BFN 😔.

Love and sticky baby dust to all! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome @StillHopeful!

sounds like you've had quite the journey to get here! like the rest of us, I suppose. I hope this group will be a good support for you in 2015 - it's so hard keeping it all to yourself.

here's to 2015! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino thanks. I didn't realise I could take zinc. Thought its only for the men. Yeah we have all been through so much to get here. I feel really sad that it's such a struggle for us no yet some very lucky people don't love their children.
    @hermia how many eggs do you get per collection normally? If you have enough I would say pgd is worth it. At least you will know there is no abnormality with the embryo.

Welcome @StillHopeful I hope jan is your lucky month too. Which clinic do you go to? You can talk to us anytime as we understand how you feel. I also found my friends don't understand what it takes to do ivf. Some people told me just relax and you will fall pregnant. Wow! I told them. Stress doesn't cause infertility. Infertility causes stress. Clearly I wasn't happy lol. But I have only a handful of people. Didn't tell people when we went through the last cycle though. So this is a good place to talk, ask questions or vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you hermia and minib!
    Yes I have no better words to describe it other than it sucks!
    We are trying out MyIvf in northlakes (near Brisbane). I've been really worried how MFI will affect the eggs becoming embryos. But I guess I just have to wait and see.

When I did donor eggs they collected 27 eggs! I got OHSS but seems they didn't care too much, they got what they wanted and obviously didn't need to worry about the transfer side of things. 14 became Embies.

Anyone else at low cost clinics? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

I am also wanting to join. We have had 2 failed IUI cycles so moving over to IVF # 1 in january/february. As my cycle also aligns with xmas that just will not happen. Silly xmas holidays Oh well. Also hoping for a much brighter and happier 2015 after an all so disappointing 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StillHopeful������ View Post
    Thank you hermia and minib!
    Yes I have no better words to describe it other than it sucks!
    We are trying out MyIvf in northlakes (near Brisbane). I've been really worried how MFI will affect the eggs becoming embryos. But I guess I just have to wait and see.

When I did donor eggs they collected 27 eggs! I got OHSS but seems they didn't care too much, they got what they wanted and obviously didn't need to worry about the transfer side of things. 14 became Embies.

Anyone else at low cost clinics? X

Sorry I wish I was! I tried North Lakes and I was told they only take "EASY" and "simple" patients???