Closed Thread
Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope everyone is fairing well 🌞🌺

I feel like I am miles ahead of schedule from everyone else on the thread but I appreciate that some of you wonderful ladies are unfortunately already experienced at this stuff so can still shed some light on what to expect.

So, I haven't posted in a few days now, I think at last count I still had 31 fertilised eggs. Well since then, 6 didn't grow/divide, then 15 were tested and were abnormal and in the end was left with 10 at day 3.

Of those, a few weren't looking that great so at last count I have 2 hatching which were transferred yesterday and 6 that were good enough to be frozen. 3 of the frozen ones are graded B's/C's but the other three couldn't be graded as they were a bit slower or something. I am pretty sure they are still blasts but maybe not as good as the three graded ones.

Dr seemed to think that basically any I put in now might be a waste because fresh transfers don't do as well as frozen transfers because the body is all hyped up and not fully recovered from the stimming. I wanted to try anyway and we put in the only two hatching ones I had.

Now I think I am day one of the 2ww or am I day 2? I assume I don't count the transfer date. Well anyway apparently I can test on the 23rd.

So the transfer was ok, I had diarrhoea right before and after the transfer which was a bit concerning. Hopefully didn't make a difference and they stuck in there anyway. I am lazing about today and will do tomorrow as well.

May be TMI here but have just been to the loo and when I wiped I saw three tiny brown dots. I assume it is too early for implantation bleeding?? Spotting is pretty out of character for me so would like to hear your thoughts.

Also, to those who are where I was last week, my bloating has finally gone down today. Only took forever.

I am taking some sort of progesterone gel and pills at the moment, I am not sure what it does. If anyone has experience with the post pick up medication like what u take and for how long and what it is supposed to do I would love to hear your take on it.

Good luck to all with your todays challenges and for all the waiting that seems to come with every step of this whole TTC process.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Excited1- You still have to stim for a Fet cycle? I had no idea. I thought it was only for EPU's. How long is a FET cycle and what drugs do you use for it? Just interested as I most likely am heading down that path next month so might be good to have some idea on it. Are you feeling any better? Hope so! I wonder if it was the gym workout?

@StillHopeful- Yay for trigger tonight! How exciting! It's all happening now You still have 2 days for those follies to grow grow grow! And it's always better to have less but better quality! And don't worry about the transfer date. Some do day 3 transfers so even if it is day 4 you are right in the middle!

@2015- sorry to hear about your eggs, bit of a bummer. Let's hope the ones that were transferred will make it! My clinic doesn't let you transfer 2. So at least you have double the chance. How was your lining? Not sure about the spotting- maybe they nicked a little vessel at the transfer? Glad the bloating has gone and you are starting to feel better. Take care of yourself and relax.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 there are medicated/stimulated FETs and "natural" FETs. Kind of depends what mum's body is up to, I guess. We have MFI and I have no known issues so it's a natural cycle for me.
    I think I ovulated today but I don't get blood results until tomorrow. Hopefully I can book those flights tomorrow!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @2015. Best of Luck during the 2WW 😁
    The day after my 5 day trfs which is now our DD I had 2 small brown blood dots, 1 in the morning & 1 in the afternoon. (I was a crazy woman stalking my toilet paper!!) Maybe they had knicked something during trfs or maybe it was implantation 😀 Fingers crossed this is what yours is??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh & @2015 I start the crinone progesterone supplements tomorrow. They are horrible!! So many side effects but a necessary evil. Would have to be the worst part 😔. I haven't used what your taking, sorry I'm not much help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @2015 wow 2 hatching blastys! Congratulations on being pupo (pregnant until proven otherwise)
    I'm really surprised that your FS let you transfer 2- most clinic won't let you do that until you've had 3 failed transfers and/or are over 35years old! Especially 2 hatching blastys! I have to say in my experience that hatching blastys generally do pretty well and often both stick around the tablets and gel you are on are for luteal support- it keeps your endometrium or lining thick so the embryos can bury in ie stops AF.

You are now 1dp5dt in other words 1 day post 5 day transfer! Yay! Depending on what you used as a trigger you could prob POAS (pee on a stick) from about 7-8 days from memory but I could be wrong, that might still be a bit early.

Also it's not too early for implantation bleeding!! I had my transfer in the afternoon and the next day I had diarrhoea and spotting which was implantation bleeding but for me unfort ended being ectopic. But both my BFPs I had implantation bleeding the day after transfer so keeping my fingers crossed for you

@keiko we don't have any mfi or known factors with me I just have really irregular cycles. Fertility wise we don't have any issues just that my DH has had a vasectomy. So we do like ovulation induction with triggers and luteal support not fully medicated FETs where they kind of put you into a menopausal state and suppress your normal hormones and replace them with ones they want. It's very confusing!

@Juzzabelle10 great numbers, hoping you get lots of nice embies! Also hope you are feeling ok.

AFM: I have had such a crappy day, had my BT this morn and my oestrogen hasn't moved which probably means another long FET cycle for me. Was so hoping the increased starting dose would avoid this but my gonal f has been upped for tomorrow. Today was such a rough day though, had to come home from work as I was nauseous, bad headache, dizzy and was so tired my legs felt like lead. Makes it hard to be on your feet all day. Was pretty emotional about it all today also have just slept for 4 hours and going to struggle out of bed to try and get dinner ready for DSD and DSS when they get home

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

2015  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your crap day @Excited1. Hope those results pick up soon! <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Juzzabelle and Keiko! Yep hoping those follies get their buts into gear for Friday 😊

Aw Man I thought the nasty stuff was over! 😭 I have the crinone aswell @Juzzabelle10, what are the side affects? 😕

Things are looking promising @2015! X
    @Excited01 I love that! PUPO! And sorry to hear about your crappy day. Hoping things get better and this is your month! X

Trigger done and instantly bruised, but matches a few other spots on my tum lol! I think it knew it was the last day because even the Gonal F hurt today! (I had to take it out before 7, couldn't make it counting to 10 for some reason).

Looking forward to your fertilisation results Juzzabelle. I'm so glad I joined this thread, not only can I pass the time looking forward to my own milestones, but looking forward to others too! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are your embies coming along @Piper01? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @2015 I have had a tiny bit of brown spotting after both my transfers too – but I get the same thing after pap smears, so I just assumed my cervix was a bit irritated by the catheter. Little bugger seems to bleed very easily! But by the same token, given you had a 5 day transfer it wouldn’t be outside the realms of possibility that it was from implantation. Anyway, crossing my fingers for those 2 embies on board.

When we first started ivf, my FS flat out said he would not even consider transferring more than one unless we had ‘recurrent cycle failure’. How do you define that? Does anyone know how many stim cycles that would be? Given the low number and poor quality of our embies the last 2 times, I’m thinking of requesting a double transfer this time (if we have 2 that are good enough to put back). We have 2 sets of friends who have had twins in the past year, and their lives are really frigging hard, but I feel like our chances are so low to begin with, that it’s worth a shot. Am I insane?! What would you ladies do? I’m seeing FS tomorrow, so I’ll ask about it then.

@StillHopeful I have also had crinone both cycles so far, and to be honest I think the side effects can range from ‘not too bad at all’ to ‘really bloody terrible’ depending on the person. For me, the main things I notice are very sore boobs, random abdominal twinges, bloating and having a short fuse/being emotional (so DH tells me lol). The actual stuff itself is gross, and TMI it can build up in there. I generally clear it out in the shower each day just before putting in the next dose so it doesn’t get too bad. No one told me that my first cycle, so I thought I’d mention it! I asked the FN about it, and she said it was fine to do so.

@Excited1 I’m so sorry you’ve been feeling crappy. It’s awful when your body doesn’t play ball and it drags out like that. I hope you’re feeling a bit better today. I hear you on the tiredness thing. I'm finding the synarel is making me so exhausted I feel like my bones are made of lead and my head is full of cotton wool. Ah the joys...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (15-01-2015)