Closed Thread
Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mrsjaguar I’m sorry your cycle’s being so confusing. I hope you get some answers from your BT today.

Hey @Keiko2012 Both times I have used Gonal F I have had an absolute cracker of a headache and some nausea for about the first 48-72 hours but it has gone away after that. For me it’s like a really terrible hangover minus the fun night leading up to it. I can imagine that it wouldn’t have been fun for you on a night shift! Anyway, hoping that it clears up for you too and you feel better soon. With regards to fresh vs frozen, my FS also reckons frozen is preferable. The only challenge for us is actually getting anything to freeze! So it’s fresh all the way until that happens.

@emily3011 My first cycle I didn’t do anything special to prepare, other than my usual exercise (boot camp). I probably only have one alcoholic drink a week max and one coffee per day (which FS said was fine to continue), so didn’t worry too much about either of those things. I kept eating cake That time resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our second cycle I tried a lot harder with regards to cleaning up my diet, exercising, meditating, cutting out caffeine etc, but that cycle was a bfn. This time it’s more of a mixed bag. I’ve been taking a whole bunch of vitamins and had grand plans of being all like ‘my body is a temple’ lol, but then I had surgery in November and couldn’t exercise for 6 weeks after that, so gained a couple of kilos. I also had an OS holiday over Christmas/New year where I ate and drank All The Things. Not the healthiest time, but probably what DH and I needed after all the stress of 2014. Anyway, this week I’m back into boot camp, and getting back on track diet-wise (trying anyway), so we’ll see what happens.

I’m still sniffing away on the synarel, and started the pill yesterday. I’ll see the FS on Friday to see if I’m properly suppressed. If so, we’ll set a date to start jabbing. Yikes. I’m much more apprehensive about this cycle to be honest. It’s a totally different approach, so I’m a bit worried that it will all be a bust. I swing between being hopeful that this is the one, and being completely convinced that we will fail. It takes such a toll, this IVF business, doesn’t it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino it surely does! I hope you get your sticky bfp this cycle
    @keiko, I have had a constant headache since starting Gonal F, have taken panadol quite a few times and it has given me relief but as it wears off the headache is back. I'm a migraine sufferer and have a pretty high pain tolerance so I have been dealing with them fine although I'm looking forward to not having them!
    @mrsjaguar that is so crap! I hope for you it's just hormones playing up and AF is just around the corner. Is it MFI you have? Otherwise BD BD! 😉
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you it all works out x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (13-01-2015),MrsChino  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Piper01 20 eggs, that’s amazing! Congratulations. Let us know how fert goes. Fingers crossed.

AFM, my lining hit 9mm on yesterday’s scan so I now have a transfer date – Monday 19th for a 4AA embie. Although not sure how I have a 4AA embie, but apparently one of them is, so the embryologist says that is probably a better choice than my earliest loveliest lovely frostie, plus a little less pressure on a BFP for this round, which is good. I have taken the day off to zen out afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In other news, I have been putting on weight like a mofo this cycle. While dieting. So unfair! I always ended up losing weight on fresh cycles, but this is my first FET and I have put on an alarming amount of weight, 4+kgs in a really short space of time. And so constipated! It’s these bloody steroids and hormones with my PCOS! I was already overweight and had lost 10 kgs, it took me such a long time… and it seems a few pills can undo my long, hard work. HARUMPH! to this whole thing.

Has anyone noticed weight gain on FET vs EPU cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sharlie and @emily3011 yep, I have put on 6kg over the last 2 FETs in total but I am blaming the ectopic with no exercise and Xmas all together! I have hit my heaviest I've ever been and I am really petite so it shows a lot I've gone to the gym more over the last few weeks but after a week now in injecting am finding it sore to run again. So lots of boxing and other cardio and eating right

To the other gonal f users I too have had constant bad headaches

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge ovarian cyst, have to go on birth control & all cycles cancelled for now. Typical bad luck in our household. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino- I am currently feeling better so fingers crossed Maybe I just needed a good sleep!

@Sharlie- That's great news! Hooray for monday and all the best!

@mrsjaguar- Sorry to hear! What is the plan now apart from birth control? Do they need to do anything to get rid of the cyst?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (13-01-2015),Sharlie  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsjaguar that sucks so bad. I'm sorry. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry @mrsjaguar. You must be so over it
    We are still here for you. What's next?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsjaguar that's so disappointing, I'm so sorry