Closed Thread
Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @PrinceBsMumma I reckon it's pretty natural to be nervous about the unknown. The staff will look after you though - they have taken so many women through the process they know how to put you at ease. Going for EPU is actually my favourite part of IVF as crazy as that sounds! There are no more needles to do, it's kind of exciting to be at the next stage, and I think drifting off to sleep feels lovely There are so many low points in this journey, I'll take whatever positives I can get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @PrinceBsMumma.

Once you get into the swing of the process, as weird as it sounds, it does just become part of your daily routine.

I was also really nervous about EPU my first cycle, as it was the first time I had ever been under general anaesthetic - but can I tell you, it was the best sleep I've ever had! everyone guides you through and will take care of you, so you are in great hands.

I think we all have our hurdles and fears, but the great thing about IVF is that you have no choice but to over come them - and you will - and at the end of the day you can feel proud of your strength to get through.

I wish you all the best!
    Last edited by freakedout44; 07-12-2014 at 08:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a separate note, have any of you ladies been tested for high level NK cells or matching DQ alpha genes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I'd like to join too! first fet in jan after a bfn in sep

Really hoping 2015 is our year! Goodluck and baby dust to all!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies can I please join? A bit of history

TTC for almost 3 years now
    Trying naturally for a long time before doing some tests. MFI. I apparently have no issue.
    Stim cycle #1 sep 2013 - bfn
    FET cycle dec2013 - cancelled, embryo didn't thaw
    Miracle pregnancy dec 2013 - the cycle where my FET was cancelled I got pregnant naturally. Couldn't believe my luck but unfortunately mmc in feb. No HB at 12 week scan. No bleeding. No cramping. Nothing.
    Been on acupuncture and tcm for the last 6 months trying to repair my body and hope for another miracle.
    Stim cycle #2 nov 2014 - 13 eggs, 8 matured and fertilised. 4 day 5 embryos. One transferred - bfn. 3 frosties

Here I am now. 4dp5dt and I got my af. Way too early right? I can't believe it but it happened with my first stim cycle too. Last time it was 7dp3dt. It's so weird. When I'm not stimming, I have normal 14 days luteal phase. I know cos I've been tracking my bbt for 4 months. It's when I take ivf drugs and my LP becomes so short.

I'm ready to go in dec for a FET but given its Xmas holiday and my ovulation will be around Xmas time, thought its best to have a FET in jan.

Can I join please?

Hoping 2015 is our year. I'm so sick of this! X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (23-12-2014),StillHopeful  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Gelati and @Minib.
    Hope next year is the year for you both.
    @Minib so sorry to see you back here - we've cycled together before and while it is nice to see a familiar face, it always makes my heart sink when it happens. Such a tough road, but I hope next year brings us both what we've been chasing for so long! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrsChino and freakedout44 the unknown is always scary but I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize without getting my hopes up too much!

Welcome Gelati and Minib

I'm on a health and exercise kick at the moment am trying really hard to lose 5kg before I start injections

Sending lots of baby dust and good vibes to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    On a separate note, have any of you ladies been tested for high level NK cells or matching DQ alpha genes?

No, I haven't, but it's been lurking in the back of my mind. I'm not sure if our current FS is supportive of those kinds of things, but if our next cycle doesn't work, I'm going to request it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey folks,

mind if I join in? I will be going through it all again in Jan/Feb. I had an EPU this June, one fresh transfer (CP) and two frosties (both m/c ed at 7 weeks). Just had the last m/c a couple of weeks ago.

FS has suggested we go for PGD next time around. Has anyone else done this?

In the meantime, looking forward to a big Christmas holiday!

Here's to 2015 for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    Welcome @Gelati and @Minib.
    Hope next year is the year for you both.
    @Minib so sorry to see you back here - we've cycled together before and while it is nice to see a familiar face, it always makes my heart sink when it happens. Such a tough road, but I hope next year brings us both what we've been chasing for so long! xx
    I'm so sorry to see you here too. It's been a while isn't it. I wasn't expecting to see any familiar name at all. I hope 2015 is our year x