Closed Thread
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scootyboots I did accupuncture last year for a few months prior to our first IVF round and during the cycle itself. Unfortunately we didn't get a BFP but I do think accupuncture helped my cycle. They can help with blood supply to your uterus as well as clotting (sorry TMI) and it definitely helps you to relax.

I'm going to do it for this round as well. It can get a bit pricey but you can claim some through your private medical insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to the new ladies and all the best!
    @Sharlie I really hope this is the one for you xoxo
    @Minib, it sounded weird to me because you start jabbing on certain days of your cycle, but AF ended up coming on the 31st, just not until like 8pm. So with injections on the 1st I technically started jabbing on day one. But as you said, I'm sure they know what they're doing too and maybe pickup would get pushed back a day if it's not at the right stage in my cycle. I'm finding the injections easy and actually exciting! Although the one to stop you ovulating early looks a bit intimidating (they don't come in a pen and look bigger lol) but I'm sure they'll be fine. Day 3 of jabbing this morning. It's funny you mention the headaches! I had a bad one all night. I ended up taking just one nurofen. Does anyone know if you can/can't take certain painkillers whilst cycling?

I too have given up coffee and alcohol. Dh from finds this a lot harder which sucks seeing as it's MFI. He has stopped for the cycle but It takes 3 months to produce his swimmers and we just had xmas and new year 😁 I did have a few drinks on New Year's Eve though. I was hoping that it would be my last chance to have a big night with both my sisters and our family friends for a while and it was a great night. I also believe us ladies can get away with it a bit more because we cycle monthly but I'm off everything now for my best shot at this.

My sister just got engaged and has planned her wedding for September. She asked me to be her Maid of honour! Which I'm stoked about. If our first round worked I would be like 38weeks pregnant though 😮. So this might be my saving grace for the disappointment if it's a bfn.

Even still, I'm praying it works. Not just for me but all of us! This is the most trying and upsetting journey. Even last night we went to a night market and there wee all these beautiful things for baby like handmade pram liners and all the little things I would love. But I won't buy anything, I feel like I'd be jinxing it and I have no idea how far I am away from our sticky BFP.
    @Excited did you say you were jabbing also?

And @Juzzabell did you start today?

Even though I wish you all off this journey with your BFPS, I'm so happy to have all of you here to talk too who are going through the same thing now xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I just wrote a book 🙊😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops, my reply to Minib was sort of mostly to excited. I read that wrong lol x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mushy, still have the headache so I'll have to go get some x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I've been a bit mia lately - I'm overseas so only have my phone with me and intermittent internet. I've just caught up on this thread though, and all of your news. Welcome to all of the new ladies - wishing you all the very best of luck.

I hope the festive season has been kind to you all. It's pretty bittersweet, I reckon. Nice to spend time with family, but hard to go another Christmas with no baby. If our last cycle had worked I would have been 12 weeks on Christmas Day and we would have been telling everyone, so that was a bit sad. It's been nice to get away though and have some time with DH We needed it after the year that was.

Thanks @Excited1 I'm still sniffing away. The worst side effect has been a seriously foggy brain! My memory and thinking ability has totally disappeared. I've been crying easily and ever so *slightly* short tempered. Poor DH! I've also been bleeding quite a bit, so I'm thinking that FS will put me on a higher dose when I see him in a couple of weeks. I know he's on leave at the moment, and I'm away too so not much I can do til then other than carry on

I'll come back and do personals when I'm on an actual computer, but hoping everyone is going well, whatever stages you're all at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I join in too. I will be starting a new stim cycle around the end of the month. We did a stim cycle and a FET last year but have now switched clinics so hoping the change will give us a bfp. Hopefully it is a lucky month for everyone
    @StillHopeful, the bigger needle to stop ovulation, orgalutran...I found the best way to do those was to numb the area with an ice pack first and really make sure the pointy bit is angled so it breaks the skin first. The needle is a lot thicker and not quite as sharp as the others so it's a bit more effort to get it in. I found it much better when I couldn't feel it go in! Also don't do it straight from the fridge, let it warm up for 10mins or so first as the liquid thins out a bit. I used to get my needles out before my shower then do them when I got out. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Hope you won't mind another newbie joining you.

I start my first round of IVF tomorrow. I knew it would be coming early in the new year but didnt have too much time to dwell on it with the madness of Christmas / New Year and guests but its starting to hit home.
    Glad to have found this site and forum and know there are others out there going through the same thing.

DH and I have been TTC for nearly 2yrs with one failed IUI last year.

Good luck to all of us in 2015 (fingers, toes all crossed)
    Last edited by ArryLa; 04-01-2015 at 12:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I have been trolling through the boards and learning a lot. I thought I would finally sign up and I hope u don't mind me tagging along too. Today is Day 6 of my first ivf/isci attempt.

So far....

Day 0:
    Ultrasound, 5 follicles left side, 8 on right side. Also saw the big fibroid (which I knew about already) Dr said if this attempt fails, we'll need to take it out before trying again.

Day 1-4: 150Menopur, 150Gonal-F each day.
    Eating high protein and drinking electrolytes. Trying to sleep and rest whenever I can. Taking multivitamins with antioxidant and pregnancy support tablets. No bad side effects, just a bit of lower abdomen discomfort and a bit of bloating, especially when I need to wee.

Day 5: Ultrasound on day 5 and now the follicles have increased from 5L/8R 10 on the left side, all measuring around the 10mm and then I have 13 now on the right, most about 10mm also but one is much bigger than the rest at 16mm. I didn't realise the amount of follicles could actually increase so this is much more positive than my first scan. Endo wall also checked and is at 52mm which I asked about and apparently this is ok.

Day 6: continuing Menopur and Gonal-F at 150 to grow the eggs but also started to take Orgalutran at '1amp' and I was told this will stop me from ovulating because the biggest follicle is a fair bit bigger than all the rest and might trigger ovulation if it gets too big, I hope that sounds right, I am guessing a bit here where I haven't fully understood.

I might also like to share and if possible hear from others, things like:
    Trigger date: TBA
    Egg retrieval date/side effects: TBA
    How many eggs: TBA
    How many fertilised: TBA
    How many embryos: TBA
    Fresh transfer? TBA
    Any to freeze? TBA
    Plans for the 2 week wait: If I get to this stage, I think I will plan to do a HPT every morning rather than waiting. They have bulk packs on eBay for cheap.

Wishing everyone here good luck for 2015!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @ArryLa and @2015 wishing you all the best on a quick result.

@2015 I tagged you in this thread: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?509249-Statistics-for-each-of-your-IVF-ICSI-rounds&highlight= in case it is helpful or of interest. The thread shows individuals results from their various rounds, and uses similar measures as you have noted, which I personally find interesting.

Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes and thoughts. I really appreciate it. Crossing everything!

I'm trying acupuncture this round because there are some clinical trials that have shown an increase in pregnancy rates with IVF. e.g. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028206002135

There are also some studies that show no statistical increase, especially when looking at all of the studies conducted, so its efficacy should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, I figured it can't hurt...

Just got my 'bill' for holidays this morning, I only put on 200g so I am well happy with that. I'd like to lose a kilo this week, before any embryo transfer around the 20th so we shall see how that goes...

Has anyone found a good meditation podcast or recording that isn't too new agey or eye-rolly? Lol I know that's hard to quantify... But I just can't relax with someone telling me to open my inner chakras. Haha.

Good luck everyone!