@stillhoping83 good luck for epu on Monday. Looks like we could be in sync. I haven't ovulated yet which means our transfer date could be very close. Hopefully you get a good number of eggs on Monday
Not looking good here, bloods this morning already got result, very low hcg, but progesterone high. Does this mean it's probably the embryo with the issue rather than my uterus lining/environment? I just wanted a confirmed outcome today but now have to wait til Monday for second BT to confirm either a failure or a flipping miracle. I can't even have a drink to console myself! I hate how whingey I sound I just wanted an answer either way. It's going to be a long two days. Also, if one embryo is not genetically viable, does that mean that all the other frosties from that EPU will fail as well? We have 3 others on ice. Has anyone had frosties defrosted for genetic testing? Waaaaahhhhhhhhhhh 😭
Oh @DellaDella I'm sorry, that sucks not knowing what's going on. I don't know much but I would think each embryo is different even from the one EPU? Fingers crossed that things pick up. Will be sending you lots of positive thoughts.
DellaDella! Hoping it turns out to be the miracle!
Unless you and/or DH have a genetic disorder, there's every chance that your other 3 embryos are totally normal. It's a bit of a lottery unfortunately. It happens a lot in nature, many very early pregnancies don't make it because of abnormal embryos. Most of the time the woman will never even know that she was briefly pregnant. We do know, just another joy of IVF for us hey?
besha ! I put on 3.5kgs of fluid post epu this time and couldn't bear to where jeans. I ended up going to Kmart and busting cheap maternity pants and a dress a size bigger than usual just so I had something to wear to work! (Better than the 9kgs of fluid in my belly first time round in hospital with ohss!
Sorry for the venting post - feeling a bit down, trying to stay positive. FS said he can't explain all the bleeding I've been having and thinks it is either unchallenged estrogen in first part of cycle and/or adenomyosis getting worse. If I don't get preg this cycle, I need a hystoroscopy and possible laparoscopy next month then depending on results he suggested a long down reg... I know this is all worst case scenario but looking at july before we could cycle again.
It's just not ideal going into transfer with that niggling doubt that the environment isn't right. But I guess it's the best we can do at this point. I did hold a pregnancy ok in September last year but it was trisomy 16 so miscarried. So just trying to remind myself that my body is capable of implantation.
Fingers crossed we are still doing transfer on Monday - the clinic called today with the day 3 update and I missed their call!! Twice!!! Grrrr! Anyway, just need to try to stay calm and positive.
So sorry for the downer me me me post. I wish this was easier.
@Lulabel Im sorry to hear about your BFN. Its hard enough, let alone having to keep it together at work. Take the time to grieve, enjoy the coffee and wine and find hope knowing you have 8 frosties to look to.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!