Closed Thread
Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @DaniSam - babydust to you for your FET!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlie For This Useful Post:

DaniSam  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    @Sharlie day one yay! Are you doing medicated FET? I've never had a medicated FET. Is it better than natural?
    No idea if its any better! This is my first FET but I'm turning 39 this year (how did that happen?!) and after over 4 years, 4 rounds and a miscarriage at 10 weeks last year, this FET is the first of my last 3 attempts (with my 3 frosties) so I think they're throwing everything they can at it: embryo glue, hormones, steroids and anything else they can!

This is the first round I have been actually nervous about. I'm usually vey optimistic and I have managed to keep it together for previous unsuccessful rounds, and even the miscarriage... but I'm in love with this particular wee egg that I've been dreaming about for the 4 years it has been on ice. I think of it as a little girl. I think this one is going to really hurt if it doesn't work and I worry I will finally unravel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @DaniSam and @Keiko2012 welcome and hope it doesn't take too long for your clinic to open up again.
    @Sharlie wow! I've never heard of embryo glue! I really hope this is the cycle for you, it seems like it has been a very hard 4 years. I have been having such weird pregnancy related dreams lately and even breastfeeding ones. Very strange when I wake up!
    @bella25 the losses definitely chip away at your confidence don't they? I remember getting the phone call both times for the BFPs and how excited but cautious we were. The next time since it's still feels close I can't see us getting as excited which makes me a bit sad! I will be demanding bloods 48 hrs after my initial bloods this time and maybe twice weekly for the first 2 weeks. My ectopic was dragged out for a total of 8weeks and I felt unwell the whole time.
    @mrsjaguar its so frustrating waiting for AF! Hoping she comes very soon for you!
    @StillHopeful I didn't know you could jab without getting AF but I have never had that issue so am sure the clinic knows what they're doing. How is the jabbing going? I had whopper headaches the first few days with the hormones in my system
    @Scootyboots how are you going? I too always do injections and trigger with pregnyl support after. Last FET my body didn't want to play so well so I ended up having almost 5weeks of injections instead of the normal 2! I was a crazy hormonal b!tch we are upping the gonal f this time to get things moving quicker.
    @MrsChino how is the sniffing going? Not too many side effects?

AFM finish my last pill on tues which I can't wait for as it makes me feel horrible and severely affects my libido poor DH! So I am miss cranky pants

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

DaniSam  (02-01-2015),Sharlie  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year everyone!
    @StillHopeful my AF started on 31/12 so I start my injections on day 2 of my cycle which meant I started them last night. Even though this will be our 3rd round for ICF/ICSI I was actually pretty nervous! I'm on 150 of Puregon for 6 days then alternate 150/125 for the rest to try to get a good number of eggs. My first round got 9 eggs when was on 125 and the second round got 18 eggs when I was on 150 so hoping for somewhere in the middle this time
    @Minib I'm in a similar situation where both DH and myself have had numerous tests including uterine biopsy and natural killer cells and both have come up fine so it's just 'unexplained' as to why it's not happening
    @bella25 alcohol does affect men's sperm but to what degree I'm unsure. It takes 3 months for a mans sperm to grow and be 'produced' as such. Our FS just recommended that he cut back on alcohol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Piper01 For This Useful Post:

bella25  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still hopeful, I don't know of any abbreviation for injection day. I always just count my day based on cycle day. How was the injection? All ok ?

Mrsjaguar, that's very frustrating. I hate it when af is delayed with a bfn. Argh.

Danisam, welcome. Sorry about your bfn. Which clinic do you go to?

Bella25, both dH and I don't drink alcohol during cycle. In fact I didn't have alcohol for months during ttc and ivf. I even quit coffee. I don't drink much normally anyway so I don't find it hard at all. DH finds it harder but given we have MFI he does the right thing. I December we both let loose and had coffee and alcohol. I stopped again. Day two without coffee oh I have a headache. Lol. I heard it taks three months to get the body in good form but stuff it I needed a break from ttc and ivf.

Sharlie, I hope this is the cycle for you. Wow 4 years. It's a long time. It's been almost 3 years for us too. I really never thought it will happen to us.

I'm on cd26. It's really weird. For the last three months, I reckon during the tww, I feel a bit sick. But it's never a pregnancy. Just weird nausea during tww. Anyone else feel the same?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still no AF. Have started Provera to try and bring it on. I have no idea what happened this cycle but I'm really bummed and frustrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mini b - I always get nausea in tww - like mild ms - for me I think it's a reaction to the pregnyl I have on days 4 and 7dpo for luteal support (I have short luteal phase so was doing pregnyl and progesterone pessies for my natural and clomid cycles this year). It usually goes for me by day 25/26 and that's how I know I'm not pregnant. fingers crossed that yours lingers longer and its a good sign what day can you test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Minib i am using Qld Fertility Group. Have found them great.

I also went off the alcohol and caffeine. However after my bfn I had a beer on New Years and bought my first iced coffee again today. Just a little treat for me and then no more.

I have not told hubby to cut back on alcohol consumption. I didn't realise it can decrease sperm quality. So looks like I may be having a word to him.

Not looking forward to going back to work on Monday am really enjoying the holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope everyone had a great New Years.
    Welcome @DaniSam & @Keiko2012

I got my period today (I took provera I had at home, so I made sure that I could do this cycle in the school holidays ☺️ Hope fully my body plays nice and responds to injections as my ivf cycle I was slow to respond so injected for ages) I start injecting on Monday for my FET.
    @bella25 I'm not a drinker so didn't need to stay away from alcohol, DH does have the occasional drink but I told him he wasn't having it during the cycle, he listened haha.
    @Sharlie I really hope this is your month. I have everything crossed for you.
    @Excited1 I'm also going to request more blood work this time should we get a BFP. I would have known a lot earlier about our blighted ovum had I had more tests.

I haven't been thinking much about our frosties defrosting, but now I'm starting to worry and hope they go ok when the time comes. We have two left. I'm thinking since we got a BFP our last cycle in November that this one doesn't have good odds, if you did the number game and probability of getting pregnant the second round in a row it wouldn't probably be high, so I think I'm heading in with a bit of a negative vibe 😞 after being so positive last year.

Does anyone do acupuncture? I'm thinking of trying it this cycle, I need to ring and make an appointment

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scootyboots For This Useful Post:

bella25  (02-01-2015),DaniSam  (03-01-2015),Sharlie  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scootyboots - I'm starting acupuncture in 2 weeks, will be doing my first stim cycle towards end of jan. I'm still drinking a cofee and a tea each day... Think I will cut that down then phase it out starting tomorrow...