+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only thing I really remember when I stopped the pill after taking it for ages was my period was much heavier and more painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update, it is now day 33 in my 1st cycle off the pill. No AF yet, took a test on Thurs and was a BFN. Will wait and see what happens early next week if AF arrives and will try another test then as well to double check.

In the other posts I have been on some women have recommended taking Vitex which is a vitamin which helps regulate your cycle. So I have bought these and if nothing happens next week I will start on those.

Just need to stay patient, even though I just want everything to fall back into sync ASAP so we can get TTC happening!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine took 62 days first cycle... The following month was about 42 days roughly. I also remember thinking I was definitely getting AF some weeks as I had the usual pain... But nope!

I ended up buying ovulation tests and got pregnant the following month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on the pill for 13 years. It took a few months for my cycles to be somewhat regular and took us just over a year to conceive. My AF was much heavier and much more painful (both reasons that had me going on the pill in the first place grrrr)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fertility friend app is very popular to track ov. I would hold out on the vitex for a while. Maybe wait until this cycle is finished and monitor when ov happens in the next one. If this one doesn't turn into a bfp of course.
    I was on the pill for 18 years and conceived after 3 cycles.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

lauzie  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Fertility friend app is very popular to track ov. I would hold out on the vitex for a while. Maybe wait until this cycle is finished and monitor when ov happens in the next one. If this one doesn't turn into a bfp of course.
    I was on the pill for 18 years and conceived after 3 cycles.
    Thanks! That isn't a bad idea. I have fertility friend, don't think I can track when in a cycle so will just wait.
    I hate waiting lol
    Hoping for BFP and not have to bother, that would be nice. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a day late for AF too. First month off the pill but a bit unexpected seeing as I was very regular before. So frustrating because I am not sure whether my cycles are irregular at the moment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ames1988 For This Useful Post:

lauzie  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ames1988 View Post
    I am a day late for AF too. First month off the pill but a bit unexpected seeing as I was very regular before. So frustrating because I am not sure whether my cycles are irregular at the moment.
    How did you determine your ov day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ames1988 View Post
    Feel exactly the same! Although it was years ago I do remember having regular cycles.
    If I don't get it after 2 months I will go see my gp. It's hard because being on the pill is masks everything so u don't know what is going on and if there have been any irregularities as the years go on.

Good luck, hopefully it's a BFP and that's why you haven't got AF yet 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't worry so much about when ov was. More of a try and see how we go approach I guess. Just expecting AF based on when I was taking the pill and hoping my cycles were the same as before, always 28 days. I suspect it's more of waiting for my cycles to sort out rather than a BFP. Might test anyway just to rule that out.