+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off the pill after 12 years

Hi ladies,

I have been on the pill for roughly 12 years, so it has been a long time since I have had a natural period. I really hope that my cycle isn't too crazy once I come off it.

What were others experiences coming off the pill? Did your period come back straight away, how long till your cycles were back in sync etc ...

I am a little nervous, only 11 more active pills left then we will start TTC in the new year

Love to know if there are any aps anyone recommends to keep track my cycle and ovulation timings etc.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on Levlen for almost 8 years. Stopped the pill, had the usual "period" and then fell pregnant. I found that the first week after my period I had really strong ovulation pain.

We can't believe we conceived so quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I used a "period diary" app on my iPhone. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1417310426.035506.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps MustBeLove! I will have to dl the ap.

WOW, falling pregnant so quickly, hopefully it doesn't take us too long.

I am not looking forward to the period pain, that is the main reason that I went on it all those years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I became pregnant with my first while on the pill (although might have missed a few), had been taking it for 10yrs, then was pregnant with DD first month after stopping and same with DS2. I wouldn't assume you'll have a problem, I have never tracked my cycles or known when I've ovulated, and DH and I have only dtd once or twice in the months that DD and DS2 were conceived.
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like I am in very same situation! Have been on the pill almost 10 years and have just started my last pill packet.
    I am a little worried about how long it will take for my body to go back to normal when we begin TTC in the new year. Hoping it doesn't take too long..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the pill for 7 years and came off it and my period didn't return for 11 months, so I took clomid to get me to ovulate and conceived my twins, who are now 4!
    I was diagnosed with PCOS after I was investigated after a few months of no period. My period had been regular before going on the pill, so something changed in me over those years and the pill masked my PCOS.

Good luck! Many more positive stories than mine, but my outcome was still awesome regardless! Oh and after having my twins my period came back after a year and has been regular ever since! Work that one out??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped taking the pill in July after being on it 15 years! My period returned straight away and we have only now begun TTC. I was worried my period would be painful, long and heavy but its pretty much what it was when on the pill. 4 days some awful cramps on day 1 and 2 and that's it. Unfortunately my cycle is so irregular and was before I went on the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bodies seem to work in weird and wonderful ways don't they! I was very regular before going on the pill so hoping it will be the same. I am expecting a lot of pain, so it's nice to know others haven't seen much of a change from what they had on the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came off after 15ish years. My first period was the usual withdrawal bleed. Next was a 16 day cycle and after that I settled into a 32-34 day cycle which is roughly what I had pre-pill. I am currently 12w pregnant and fell in my 5th cycle.

I used fertility friend app to track my temperatures using a bbt thermometer and also used opk's for 2 cycles until I learned that I was ovulating regularly and the signs I was seeing did in fact correspond with ovulation.

Good luck on your journey, I hope it's short and sweet for you x