+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #12

Hi all,
    hope everyone is well,
    quick drop in to say I am in my 36th week now .... So in the limbo land of waiting.
    Another big bub for me it looks like, so not sure which way she'll come out yet. At this stage planning VBAC but dependant on size that may change. I have another ultrasound next week to see how big she's looking.
    As with last time I have a giant belly! Feeling ready to pop.
    we were hanging out for daylight savings as our little man wakes with the sun, which was about 5am, so now it's 6am .... However going to bed takes longer ...
    So jury is out here on daylight savings! Though it's nicer to have light and warmth.
    i'll let you know when anything happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fi - Getting close now! A lovely time to have a baby because you will be home in time to enjoy the lead up to Christmas. Sounds like bub is doing really well, and I look forward to your updates.

How is everyone else? Spot??? I've been thinking of you lots.

Had my 20 week scan yesterday (I'm 21.5wks) and found out the umbilical cord only has 1 artery (usually has 2 to support/feed bub). The condition is called SUA and in 25% of cases is associated with other issues like heart, kidney, renal problems etc. The scan hasn't shown any problems with the heart or kidney etc, so I think we have escaped the worst of the possible problems. 75% of babies are born just fine and I'm focussing on that. In the final trimester I will have another special ultrasound as there is a risk the baby's growth may slow down, and there is also a higher than normal risk of early birth, lower birth weight, stillbirth and post birth issues like UTIs in the first 3 months and some renal risk. However right now bub is doing really well and is of average size so the artery is doing the job fine on it's own. Fingers crossed this continues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Millie - I have everything crossed that all will be fine, as you said 75% are not affected (1 in 4 are), that's pretty good odds. If bub is growing well that should be a good sign. Did you have a sneaky peek on what sex you're having???

Fiona - getting down to the business end soon...will be keeping posted, how exciting!

JFB - I've always wanted to go to Canada! You might have just planted a seed into my head about my 50th (not far away unfortunately - 4.5 years, eek). I wanted to take Evie to Disneyland...after going seaworld and movieworld I'm shagged! so unfit...Disneyland will kill me. We had a great time though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Fiona and Millie - wow your pregnancies seem to be flying by.

Millie - I hope you have a very smooth ride for the rest of your pregnancy. Do you know the sex or is it a surprise?

Fiona - I hope bubby isnt to big and you have a smooth delivery.
    Can't wait for both bubs to arrive. We just keep going and going and going lol

Hello to everyone. Hope you are all well.

Not much news from me except ive just picked up some more work, at Jett's school which is nice, although ive been told not to come near me mum and dont come looking for me.....little bugger lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    FIONA - congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous baby girl, had a sneaky peek on fb, she's adorable. Hope all went well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Fiona!
    Welcome to the world little one
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS Fiona on the arrival of your baby girl. Hope to see some pics soon 💖💖

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals,
    Just dropping in to check up on Fiona, Spot and Millie. How are you all going? Spot you must be close now?

Callie and Rory are now 6 months old! It has been a wild and busy ride. The first 3 months were a breeze compared to the last 2. The four month sleep regression, teething, who knows, my babies fell out of sync with their eating and sleeping at 4 months and I can't seem to get them back into the same routine. I'm exhausted and sleep deprived and my house looks like a bomb site, but hopefully it's just a phase. The girls are super cute and funny, lucky for them I always tell them!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1417540960.657404.jpg

Lots of love, can we have some updates in here soon?

PW xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Picky - The girls are awesomely cute!!. My friend has twin boys and I don't think they were ever in sinc with each other but she gets through it. My brother and his wife raised triplets and from what I can remember they were pretty much routine, it was the only way their mother could cope, she made sure she stuck to a routine, but as we all know it can be pretty much impossible as they change all the time. Are you getting out of the house with them much?

Fiona - how's everything going with your new little bundle?

Spot - not long now, so exited for you, can't wait for the big day.

Yes girls, we need an update. Miss E is sooooo excited about xmas, asks everyday if it's xmas yet. Tell you what though, a 4 year olds mind is in overdrive! They think they can do what they want already and tell you otherwise if you complain....lord give me strength for the rest of my life!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PW - So great to hear from you and see that gorgeous picture. It must be super insane with 2 bubs out of sync, and I totally know what you mean about the 4 mth stage because Stella went through the same thing and it was hellish. My Health Care nurse said it was because she was 'transitioning to solids' and the milk wasn't ever enough any more, but whatever it was, I was a zombie for a few months afterwards. I think the teeth had started to move at that point too so double whammy. Just when you find your groove with them, they change! Huge hugs

Kath - You mean they don't get better as they get past the 2's Nooooo. I was looking for that light at the end of the tunnel

AFM - I'm big and very tired with an overactive 2 year old, and a bigger than usual belly. Having the 'sugar' test next Tuesday and Stella currently has a cold so woke me every hour last night, and has been crabby today. Nothing upsets her more than a runny/blocked nose. 'Mummy, nose!!! Boohooo. Mummy nose!!!'. Been like this from day 1 Still, much easier than twins Nic

Spot - How are you travelling? I know it's a week by week waiting game at this point, but am super glad it's December for you and little Ms Spot is still in your tummy.

Fiona - You must be flat out. I'm wondering how it will all go as a Solo mum with a newborn and a 2yr old, but guess there is only one way I'm going to find out. Have it!

Hope you are all well