+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Shrill and Cinder!!!! So happy for you both!!!

I'm still TTC our first little miracle...going down the IVF path in two months.

All the best xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggzie For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Long Term TTC chat #3

@starflame - great big hugs to you, hun. We had been struggling to get together enough for repeat IVF as well. I had also started talking myself into believing things weren't going to happen and that life would still be fine as just the two of us. It's a horrible and hard situation to be in. Keep faith. Hard after so long, I know. But try. How much do your cycles cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tiggzie - ah, good luck with the IVF when it happens! Have you had any more tests done, since discovering the endo?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Tiggzie  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @Tiggzie - ah, good luck with the IVF when it happens! Have you had any more tests done, since discovering the endo?
    After discovering only minor endo, we gave TTCing a bit of a break. We didn't feel comfortable with that FS and decided to change to a low cost IVF clinic - Brisbane's MyIVF. Right from the get go they have been amazing and involved hubby in everything. I actually had another follicle tracking/pelvic scan today - apparently I am looking good! Lol - everything is 'perfect'.

Also a couple of months ago I started acupuncture again which has helped my cycle and stopped mid cycle bleeding.

Did you change your diet at all and how did you de-stress?? Any tips would be great! 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggzie For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @starflame I think about you and all the ladies here a lot...sometimes life has other plans for us... We are all in it together.

MyIVF have been great...not sure if they are available where you are, but might be looking into...they are part of Monash University...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to my IVF in north lakes tiggzie.

We can't afford it unfortunately. We are on one wage and have no savings. The first cycle was going to cost us somewhere around the $3000-5000 mark. It's just not doable on one wage.

Good luck tiggzie. I hope it works out for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats shrill!!!

I am off for a scan tomorrow at 6 weeks as my HCG isn't rising how we would like and is still quite low

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (01-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggzie View Post
    After discovering only minor endo, we gave TTCing a bit of a break. We didn't feel comfortable with that FS and decided to change to a low cost IVF clinic - Brisbane's MyIVF. Right from the get go they have been amazing and involved hubby in everything. I actually had another follicle tracking/pelvic scan today - apparently I am looking good! Lol - everything is 'perfect'.

Also a couple of months ago I started acupuncture again which has helped my cycle and stopped mid cycle bleeding.

Did you change your diet at all and how did you de-stress?? Any tips would be great! 😊
    @Tiggzie - Actually, I did change my diet, but jot for fertility reasons. I went vegetarian from January, but only because my body hates digesting meat. Still ate meat when eating out at restaurants, but vege at home and as much as possible. Just a lot better for my digestion.

I figured my eggs needed all the help they could get, given my poor 5 day blastie rates from my stim cycle. So took CoQ10, Vit D & Calcium (had been told I was low in Vit D) and Folate & Iodine tablets.

I stopped acupuncture at the end of January. Fell out of the routine for three weeks, by which time I'd convinced myself it was too pricey to keep up. It had shown help to my cycles, but not "enough" to keep on going. But I started to follow the advice my acupuncturist gave me about helping my womb, so started finally started doing that.

De-stress was simple - I stopped putting my life on hold (and tried to stop letting work get to me). Instead of another stim cycle, we finally booked the trip to France I'd always wanted to do. Went to Fiji as well. I got sick of not doing anything I wanted. I'm sure DH felt the same. We both were changed people when we came back from our holidays. Time off work is one thing, but getting away from everything is something different altogether. It was a long overdue break and I will now always tell people to not put holidays on hold. 3.5yrs without anything but work and TTC reeeeally took its toll on us.

Good on you for changing clinics. I changed FS and clinic (same company, different location) after a year. Beat decision I'd made as well. So much happier and felt more cared for with the new guy. Such a big decision to make, but obviously paid off in spades for you!

So glad to hear that things are looking good! Are you already cycling now? How far along are you in the cycle?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Tiggzie  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderElla88 View Post
    Congrats shrill!!!

I am off for a scan tomorrow at 6 weeks as my HCG isn't rising how we would like and is still quite low
    @CinderElla88 - sorry to hear. What have your bHCG levels been?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long Term TTC chat #3

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats Cinder and Shrillian!!

Hang in there Cinder.. 6 weeks is very early to scan even if they are unsure? My FS wouldn't scan before 7-8 weeks so the scan could be conclusive. At 8 weeks I've had conclusive scans both ways when they levels were all over the place (missed miscarriage resulting in D&C and bubs who became DS). Fx everything is fine xx