+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh already works as many hours as he can and I haven't been working due to injured knees. I've applied for lots of jobs but I haven't heard back from any. We live in a very expensive area so more than half hubby's pay goes on rent but we can't afford to move either. Money sucks! We got my best friend to move in to help out cost wise but mostly that goes towards bills :/

I was hoping this year would be better for us but it's not looking like it. My gp referred me to a clinic I haven't had the courage to ring them yet to find out costs and stuff though. I've heard of a lower cost place but am unsure about it, I read that for egg retrieval you're awake when they do it and that scares me a little bit! Thanks for letting me vent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Hi Star, I still think of you and wonder how you are

Liverpool is low cost but doesn't use any sedation for EPU. Had we gone down the IVF route they were crossed off the list. But Westmead is pretty cheap and they use sedation. From memory it was $1900 up front and you get a grand back. I hope you are able to find a way to fund a few cycles hun. Everyone deserves to be a parent if they want it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks del how are you going?

I'm in Brisbane! I rang the fertility clinic and they emailed me an information pack including costs. I don't have private health insure and I'm not registered for the Medicare safety net (I don't actually understand what this is).

Assuming this is what we need a stimulated ivf initial cycle is almost $3036 :/ out of pocket is $1300 but we need to pay the full amount up front before medication collection. So that's just not possible for us at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Crap When we were looking at IVF the logistics travelling back and forth would have blown the costs out so I understand. You'd be better sticking with Brisbane. It's all so unfair that being a parent boils down to money. Lots of lower income singles and couples can be and are amazing parents.

I'm going well. Down to the business end now. 4 weeks to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure where in brisbane you are @starflame, but a friend was going through QFG then switched to the fertility centre at Springwood and said the costs are much lower for IVF and that everyone has been awesome. I believe there is a loooong thread here somewhere for them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are two low cost clinics in Brisbane star - one at springwood and one at north lakes. I believe they are about $800 out of pocket for a cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi phee! Congratulations on the birth of your twins! I caught up on your pregnancy journal and they are just gorgeous!!

I've been referred to the north lakes clinic, that's where I got the costing from. I asked my gp about the springwood one and she referred me to north lakes instead because she knows the dr there, she reckons he is the best. I don't know if I'd need a referral to be able to get an info pack from springwood but I will look into it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

phee83  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Hi phee! Congratulations on the birth of your twins! I caught up on your pregnancy journal and they are just gorgeous!!

I've been referred to the north lakes clinic, that's where I got the costing from. I asked my gp about the springwood one and she referred me to north lakes instead because she knows the dr there, she reckons he is the best. I don't know if I'd need a referral to be able to get an info pack from springwood but I will look into it
    Starflame there is a Facebook group I'm in for ivf support and a lot of the ladies in there are going through low cost clinics in qld, maybe you could join the group and see what they say about how much out of pocket they are and whether they needed referrals? I'm going through a bulk billing one in sydney and I didn't need a referral to them just called up and got an appointment

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

starflame  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got a bfp today, let's hope this one sticks.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (10-03-2015),bel2466  (10-03-2015),phee83  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Cinder, that's fantastic news!! I have everything crossed for you. Make sure you post a pic of your lovely BFP