+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great news Just Ace, I'm so pleased that ivf is becoming an option for more people as the prices and options improve. Hope your journey is smooth and short!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies, just giving an update... Had my lap and it turned out that although I had no symptoms apart from painful ovulation on the right side, I had endo. I'll find out tomorrow more info... Unbelievable!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Hey ladies how are you all going? DH and I have finally started testing for ivf. We had never really considered it because of $$$, but we are going through a bulk billing clinic. So far all tests have been good, I just have to lose some weight before end of March to start our first cycle then
    I just ace! Where are you located? Is there a low cost clinic in Perth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go Tiggzie? At the same time of it not being good having endo it is good they found something & were able to remove it for you. Do you have to have the injections afterwards? I hope you are feeling ok after the lap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    How did you go Tiggzie? At the same time of it not being good having endo it is good they found something & were able to remove it for you. Do you have to have the injections afterwards? I hope you are feeling ok after the lap
    Hi Rocky,
    Believe it or not I still haven't heard back from the dr regarding my results... I called a couple of times yesterday and she has been busy. I am actually getting very anxious as to why she can't give me the respect and take two minutes to call me??? I'm still pretty sore - not just from the incisions, but on the right ovary (possibly where they removed some endo??). Anyway, sorry to whinge... It's just an anxious time.

How are you going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay... Finally received the results. I had minimal endo. As FS explained where it was found, in hindsight I had all the symptoms associated with endo - but just didn't make the connection. For example, a few months ago I had excruciating pain on my right side above the hip - it was that bad it took my breath away and I was nauseous but I didn't have a fever. I also always have bad ovulation pain on the right side. Well, at least I have an answer! Will now continue our ttc journey naturally for a few months.

Either way, I'll be going to a new FS as I felt IVF was getting pushed on to us without investigating our infertility in depth! Imagine if we spent all that money on IVF not knowing about the endo???

Enough about me, how are all the other ladies going here?? This thread has gone a bit quiet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggzie first of all I am glad this got investigsted. I have endo also.
    Please note though, and I hope your doctor told you this, minimal endo does not normally cause infertility so my doctor told me. However I assume they cleared everything out and you won't have any problems now. I would not wait too long as endo can come back and I would only give if 3-4 month thoroughly trying and then see about IVF. That's just my opinion though. I have my fingers crossed for you xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDeFleur For This Useful Post:

Tiggzie  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDeFleur View Post
    Tiggzie first of all I am glad this got investigsted. I have endo also.
    Please note though, and I hope your doctor told you this, minimal endo does not normally cause infertility so my doctor told me. However I assume they cleared everything out and you won't have any problems now. I would not wait too long as endo can come back and I would only give if 3-4 month thoroughly trying and then see about IVF. That's just my opinion though. I have my fingers crossed for you xxx
    Hi Kitty, yes my doctor said that some study suggests that minimal endo may have an affect on fertility - but it is not confirmed. I guess after 3 years of ttc naturally including 2 months of clomid and all other tests (dh and mine) coming back clear (or perfect as FS said) - This is my only hope of an explanation. I agree - 3-4 months of ttc naturally is a good timeframe before taking the next step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Thought I'd pop in after having a break for a couple months. Finally saw my gyno for my post op appointment a few weeks ago. Told me what I already knew and that ivf is our only option. Been struggling a lot with this whole thing. I don't have anyone in real life to talk to about it cos no one understands. Dh and I can't talk about ivf because I'm of the opinion we will do anything to be able to get a child and he is of the opinion that we can't afford it and never will be able to, and he's probably right. I hate that this doesn't affect him the same way it affects me.

I try and pretend that I'm okay with it all because it's easier, but I'm not okay. I feel like all of my dreams of a family have been torn from me and I don't know how to pick the pieces of my life up sorry for the downer post but I have no one else to talk to. I hope the new year is bringing better things for all of you ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi star, so sorry to hear of your ongoing struggles. Can you do all your research into low cost clinics and then draw up a budget or plans to see if it may be feasible in the future? Can either of you pick up extra work etc?
    It must be so hard Hun, finances shouldn't have to play a part in fertility :-(
    My out of pocket costs for a cycle were only a few hundred dollars. Most couples just charged it all to a credit card and work through paying it off xxx