+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fs is letting me try again this month yay

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (04-12-2014),Funchu  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found a site that explains mine and dh's issues ttc if anyone was interested.
    http://mthfr.net/recurrent-pregnancy...ge/2011/09/25/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderElla88 View Post
    Found a site that explains mine and dh's issues ttc if anyone was interested.
    http://mthfr.net/recurrent-pregnancy...ge/2011/09/25/
    Cinder I have the worse case of MTHFR and it doesn't cause infertility and can only cause losses later in pregnancy due to blood clots. I'm pregnant and I've had 3 losses before but that was for a total other reason. have this been confirmed via genetic testing? Do you know what forms you have?

and over 50% of the population has a mutated MTHFR Gene if you only have one it would not be doing anything at all.if you have more than one like myself and my family then you will have health issus and a small possibly cause of infertility if you aren't talking to correct medication which isn't extra folic acid as you can't have folic acid.
    Last edited by Pprom.mama; 05-12-2014 at 10:05.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pprom.mama For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (05-12-2014),Kazza78  (05-12-2014),Mamasupial  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow2015 View Post
    Cinder I have the worse case of MTHFR and it doesn't cause infertility and can only cause losses later in pregnancy due to blood clots. I'm pregnant and I've had 3 losses before but that was for a total other reason. have this been confirmed via genetic testing? Do you know what forms you have?

and over 50% of the population has a mutated MTHFR Gene if you only have one it would not be doing anything at all.if you have more than one like myself and my family then you will have health issus and a small possibly cause of infertility if you aren't talking to correct medication which isn't extra folic acid as you can't have folic acid.
    My FS did miscarriage investigation on me and hd and found that we both have the mutation, I have homo 677 and hd has compound hetro, so I also have the worse kind and with dh's gene the fs says we have a 50% chance of miscarriage, all fs put me on was megafol 5.
    I have been doing a lot of research on it and it does cause early loss, that is why I was tested for it as part of miscarriage investigation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

Pprom.mama  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderElla88 View Post
    My FS did miscarriage investigation on me and hd and found that we both have the mutation, I have homo 677 and hd has compound hetro, so I also have the worse kind and with dh's gene the fs says we have a 50% chance of miscarriage, all fs put me on was megafol 5.
    I have been doing a lot of research on it and it does cause early loss, that is why I was tested for it as part of miscarriage investigation.
    unfortunately all the "research" on the net isn't 100% and as there is no real 100% proof it causes early loss. All the medication he has placed you on will make you worse and if he a knew what MTHFR really was he would have told you not to take folic acid

and both of my parents have compound heterozygous and she had two perfect pregnancies so not sure were your fs is getting this 50% from especially if he had no idea what to really stabilize it with. What was your homosistine level?

Once I found out about everything after my 3rd loss I got all the correct medications and it took about 16 months to get my body good and then I got pregnant with this one, we tried the whole time too. I was on all my active forms of b12, b6 and vitamin d,fish oil, royal honey, propolis as it helps with endo and inflammation, vitamin c and I think I didn't take baby aspirin till I got my bfp.

Once I got my bfp I started on clexane injections and I've only just stopped them as I'm 30 weeks. They suggest a gluten free diet too.
    Last edited by Pprom.mama; 05-12-2014 at 20:31.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pprom.mama For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soo... How is everyone going in here? Any more BFPs??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have step throat again and have decided not to try this month to give my body time to recover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH and I have agreed to IUI this month. I have 2 follicles ready to go (22mm, 19mm) and a possible 3rd at 15mm. Bloods today showed no evidence of my LH surge, so I'll have a repeat blood test tomorrow. If I'm ovulating on my own, then I'll have the IUI on Thursday, but if i need the Ovidrel trigger, then I'll give that to myself tomorrow night and we'll go in on Friday for the IUI. DH was quite excited when I dropped him back at work after the appt. FS also said testing day would probably be around Christmas day. Now that would be a nice present!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oneandonlyem - how exciting! Fingers crossed for a nice surprise awaits on Christmas Day!

Ella - that's no good about your throat. Hope you feel better soon!

Afm - I'm just cruising along, not really trying. Just waiting for lap in Feb.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggzie For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fx em!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (09-12-2014)