+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Homemade Christmas gifts.

I thought I would start a thread to show off our homemade gifts.

Mine aren't made quite yet.

I am making mini fruit cakes as teacher gifts. I have my fruit soaking now. So this time tomorrow they will go into the slow cooker and the toaster oven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following.

I hope to make a teepee, a big blackboard wall, small magnetic blackboards and a hair accessory organiser.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

ThemEyez  (29-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made a lemon sugar body scrub and put it in vintage science containers with cork stoppers found at the antique flea market for DSs Nursery teachers and acquaintance friends (women).
    I made my husbands PA a crochet infinity scarf (I like it so much I considered keeping it, haha, but I'll make another for me and MIL that's coming over for Xmas) and I'll bake her fav cookies.
    Friends with new baby's (6!) I made blankets for (they are all in the northern hemisphere)
    Close friends with older kids (11) I made felt busy books for, we'll I'm almost done!
    I made elderberry immunity syrup (winter here) for friends and neighbours - and poured it into vintage glass containers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    This is my little effort for my kids school teachers. Just home made rocky road with an Oxfam Christmas decoration.
    Best I could do this year!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1417752174.867519.jpg

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

chickenfoot83  (07-12-2014),CookingMonster  (09-12-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (10-12-2014),Phony  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I set myself a challenge about 4 months ago to homemake all my birthday and Xmas gifts for the rest of the year. I am finding kids gifts heaps easier then adults. I am getting about 80% of them totally handmade so not doing too bad. It does takes heaps of time tho!..... Actually is should be sewing now but I'm eating cake and wasting time online instead!!!
    @amyd I am planning on making a teepee for my son for Xmas but I'm getting stressed that I'm running out of time. Would you like to share how you are going with it?

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    I set myself a challenge about 4 months ago to homemake all my birthday and Xmas gifts for the rest of the year. I am finding kids gifts heaps easier then adults. I am getting about 80% of them totally handmade so not doing too bad. It does takes heaps of time tho!..... Actually is should be sewing now but I'm eating cake and wasting time online instead!!!
    @amyd I am planning on making a teepee for my son for Xmas but I'm getting stressed that I'm running out of time. Would you like to share how you are going with it?

X
    I hVent got very far. I've decided to use curtain rods from spotlight for poles because I had a 40% off voucher. I was going to use pvc pipe because it was cheaper than woods but this was cheaper again. I'll put photos up when I finally get it done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by michellead View Post
    I made a lemon sugar body scrub and put it in vintage science containers with cork stoppers found at the antique flea market for DSs Nursery teachers and acquaintance friends (women).
    I made my husbands PA a crochet infinity scarf (I like it so much I considered keeping it, haha, but I'll make another for me and MIL that's coming over for Xmas) and I'll bake her fav cookies.
    Friends with new baby's (6!) I made blankets for (they are all in the northern hemisphere)
    Close friends with older kids (11) I made felt busy books for, we'll I'm almost done!
    I made elderberry immunity syrup (winter here) for friends and neighbours - and poured it into vintage glass containers.
    I'd love to see the busy books if you have a photo!

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Following, and hopefully adding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Following! I love homemade stuff!!