+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 Weeks, Moderate Bleeding. Hope?

This morning I woke up to minor cramping (slightly stronger than what I've been getting normally) and a "wet" feeling.
    Ran to the bathroom and confirmed I was bleeding.
    My partner and I headed straight for the doctor, and by that point the bleeding had stopped so she said she still liked my chances. My hCG had risen from 1800 to 7400 between Tuesday and yesterday, and she didn't seem too worried.
    As soon as we left the appointment I went to the bathroom and had started bleeding again, this time with clots. Maybe half a dozen smaller ones (about the size of mandarin seeds) and one slightly larger one, about the size of a 10c piece together but it was very stretched out.

Since I've gotten home, it's slowed to a stop again.
    I've previously suffered a miscarriage, where the bleeding was much heavier with much larger clots, but I was also considerably further along by that point.

I know there are people who can have a 'normal period' before discovering they're pregnant or successfully continuing with their pregnancy.
    My mother's best friend bled through her entire pregnancy, and now her daughter is perfectly healthy with a daughter of her own.

I've damn near lost all hope, but I was wondering if anyone had any soft of success stories so that waiting until Monday to know for certain doesn't kill me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a blood test on Monday, my doctor said that a scan now wouldn't really be worthwhile. Monday might be worth asking about.

I was due to have a scan sometime in the week after next to make sure everything was okay, including heartbeat.
    Everything looked so positive. I knew this was a possibility but I thought everything was going okay.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think your doctor is right. Although it's hard to wait (trust me I know!) it is best to leave it until about 6 weeks + so you don't freak yourself out incase its just too early to see a heartbeat. I'm sorry this has been such a bumpy road for you hun. I truly wish you the best and am hoping that your little bub is alive and well in there! Big hugs Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you're in a lot of pain head to your ER and they can assess you there. If you do save any pads you have used or take a photo of them to show them what kind of bleeding/clotting you're having, they generally request this is if you're suffering from spotting or bleeding. If you go to your hospital they should be able to do a scan there to see what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's just it though, there's almost no pain. My regular periods are 100x worse than this. It's hardly more than an annoyance.

When I started bleeding the second time, I could /feel/ myself bleeding and I became relatively light headed. But then that went away within 10 minutes.

If the bleeding gets too bad, or I start having pain, I'm going straight to the ER. I don't know what they'd be able to do but at least I'll know I tried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Did they confirm that the pregnancy was in the right place at your scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, the technician was very happy with the placement, size, shape.. Everything looked great apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshika View Post
    Yeah, the technician was very happy with the placement, size, shape.. Everything looked great apparently.
    Oh good, that's a great start then, @Sally1981 had some bleeding which turned out to be caused by a clot which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think your doctor definitely should've given you a referral to go have another scan done! I really hope it's nothing hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi OP

I hope the bleeding stop and you can put your mind to rest.

OOT but I'm very glad to see that your partner is being supportive 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    The bleeding slowed to a stop around 11 and hasn't picked up again - yet.
    So I'm staying hopeful that everything is okay. While it was a substantial amount of blood, and clotting did occur, it was nowhere near as much as my previous miscarriage, and I sure as hell didn't stop bleeding after a few hours the first time, so that's what I'm holding onto.
    I still don't have any pain, maybe a little bit of discomfort. I've had to do some running around after the step-kids but otherwise I'm just sort of sitting/laying around and trying not to do too much.

The wait until Monday is going to be the worst thing.