+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried soy? I know many CMPI babies can't have it but my DD was fine with it and is anaphylactic to dairy and eggs. She would never take neocate so I decided to give it a shot and she stayed on it for 8 mths then transitioned to soy milk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessbaby For This Useful Post:

Cue  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was on allerpro, still is at 18 months as she still gets an upset stomach from cows milk. She did great on allerpro and losec. Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Cue  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    We used allerpro, he did amazing on it and his symptoms subsided until he refused to feed at all after 10 days and ended up in hospital...the taste became an issue for him. If you can get past the taste issue it works wonders.
    He doesn't seem to be bothered by the taste at all. Everyone warned us about the taste of Neocate too when DD went on it but she didn't even flinch and took it until about 18mo without any issue. I'm hoping DS continues to take it, that will be a nightmare if he refuses it after my breastmilk drops off!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessbaby View Post
    Have you tried soy? I know many CMPI babies can't have it but my DD was fine with it and is anaphylactic to dairy and eggs. She would never take neocate so I decided to give it a shot and she stayed on it for 8 mths then transitioned to soy milk
    No, AllerPro is the only formula he's had. DD couldn't tolerate soy so I don't want to risk it with DS.

Anaphylaxis with both dairy and egg must be so difficult! I know you must just be used to it but I would imagine it would make life quite hard sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand completely your reservations, but if you did want to try soy, you could chat to your doctor about doing it there? We did many challenges at his surgery (whilst he was seeing patients, he would pop out and see what was happening). It gave me peace of mind whilst introducing new things.

It is a challenge! But we're so used to it now and it seems to be slowly improving. She is 2 and a half so can nearly understand what she can and can't have. She is pretty good though as if she does taste something dairy, because she's never had it, she'll spit it out!