+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is such a good question. I trust DH to keep dd safe and cared for but, just thinking about it now, I don't trust him to know what she needs when. I think it's a control issue for me. Dd is only 4.5 months old and I've never been away from her for more than thirty minutes. I know her so well and I'm not sure he would spot her tired signs or hungry signs like I can. That being said, he'll never learn if I don't let him try.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2014),LaDiDah  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 14months and do I trust DH 100%? Honestly no I don't. I know that DD will be safe and cared for if hubby is looking after her but I also know that he can get very sidetracked and distracted. He will often sit and mess around on his phone/iPad when she is trying to talk to him/play with him because there is an email that MUST BE SENT RIGHT NOW! Or something that he just HAS to look up. Totally p!sses me off! Plus he just often doesn't listen. The number of times I've told him to never take his eyes off her when she's in the bath and then he's wandered out to get her towel rather than just shouting for me to get it. He makes out like it isn't a big deal and that I'm nagging when I call him out on it but he just doesn't get how dangerous some things are. He'll stack boxes in the living room and then she will, predictably, pull them down on herself and get hurt. He just honestly doesn't think things through sometimes. So no, I don't trust him 100%.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you trust your Other half? *spinoff*

I do about 99.9% only because he can be a bit to relaxed with the toddler. He doesn't get that it takes 2 seconds for her to run out onto the rd so I've stressed to pls not text and not watch her. Or he has forgotten to put her belt on in the car with his mind on work. Or when he sees a mate out he chats and she has once walked off THANK god she found me imagine I wasn't there😫

He is learning though but it takes a lot of nagging and I hate being a nag!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LaDiDah and AdornedWithCats I applaud your honesty. It must be very difficult to admit that you do not completely trust your partner. It would be an awful way to live your life not being 100% certain that your children are safe in their father's care.

I implicitly trust my husband as I know his parenting style very well and never have any concerns for my children's welfare when they are with their dad. This includes times when they are out on our property. He values their lives more than his own and he's told me so. Thank you to you ladies for making me appreciate how important my faith in him is.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2014),LaDiDah  (27-11-2014),wobbleyhorse  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Absolutely.

He watches Dd whilst I work and knows her wants and needs just as much as I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    LaDiDah and AdornedWithCats I applaud your honesty. It must be very difficult to admit that you do not completely trust your partner. It would be an awful way to live your life not being 100% certain that your children are safe in their father's care.

I implicitly trust my husband as I know his parenting style very well and never have any concerns for my children's welfare when they are with their dad. This includes times when they are out on our property. He values their lives more than his own and he's told me so. Thank you to you ladies for making me appreciate how important my faith in him is.
    I don't think it's difficult to admit at all. I know he values her life more than his and I know that he *thinks* he is doing everything right and listening but unfortunately he gets sidetracked way too easily for me to say that I 100% trust that he will always have his full attention on her. I've left them alone together without any worry and she's been fine but I do like to know exactly what he plans to do with her so I can veto anything that he may not have thought through properly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely I do. I wouldn't have chosen him to be the fathers children if I didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not 100%. I know she wouldn't be in any danger but there is a lot I'm sure DP wouldn't think to consider or do.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hers&Hers For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do. He is a very fun dad when he has them by himself and doesn't pay as much attention to bed times etc. but I know they are safe in his care, and I don't worry about them.
    We got away with HEAPS more as kids if our dad had solo care, and he made some pretty dumb decisions sometimes (like hide and seek in the bush in the dark) but man we had fun with him and nothing bad ever happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, absolutely! He's a really hands on Dad, he loves kids. And I know that he can look after the children, all 4 of them, on his own and he is absolutely fine!

In fact, he'll be solo parenting from Saturday afternoon until Sunday afternoon whilst I go party my backside off!

I wouldn't have had a family with him if I didn't think he would be a capable and responsible parent