Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your losslilypily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Im glad things have improve for you!

I'm stable if Im on the pred. I spoke to my ob last week and he is happy for me to stay on it. I tried going off it and it just doesn't work for me. I am back at work in 2 weeks and tbh I'm quite nervous. Tiredness makes my ms worse so I'm kinda worried that being back and work and tired will not be good. Must have early nights!
    I was nervous too, couldn't sleep the night before. So far no incidents at work, now again had my dinner and straight out. Getting tired of it, weight is slowly going up which I'm happy abt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    We lost our baby at 14 weeks but I still had morning sickness the morning we went into our OBs appointment and found no heartbeat. That afternoon we had the DnC and the morning sickness was 100% gone. It was that quick.
    I'm really sorry for your loss lilpily. It's a funny thing morning sickness, so unpredictable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning sickness

hey everyone, I'm new here and am pregnant with my first bubs. I'm now 9 weeks pregnant but when I was around 6w3d pregnant I suffered from extreme morning sickness and was nearly admitted to hospital due to dehydration. I've been taking these morning sickness tablets they are called (ondaz) I'm not sure if anyone else has been taking them or has ever tried them but they seem to be my saviour with morning sickness would like to know if anyone else has tried these and had any issues with these? Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
    hey everyone, I'm new here and am pregnant with my first bubs. I'm now 9 weeks pregnant but when I was around 6w3d pregnant I suffered from extreme morning sickness and was nearly admitted to hospital due to dehydration. I've been taking these morning sickness tablets they are called (ondaz) I'm not sure if anyone else has been taking them or has ever tried them but they seem to be my saviour with morning sickness would like to know if anyone else has tried these and had any issues with these? Thank you!
    Hi cavvy, I am just over 12 weeks with twins and have been taking the same drug (also known as zofran, or ondasetren or something like that!) and it's also been a life saver for me. I have been on it since just over 6 weeks.

My obstetrician assured me it is safe to take and I've had no issue with it this far. Just had my 12 week scan and both babies are normal, happy and healthy.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply! I was told by one doctor is was fine to take and another doctor said he didn't trust it so I'm just trying to figure out which doctor to trust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's category b, which (I believe) means it's not known to cause any issues in pregnancy and hasn't in animals but it's not been tested specifically on pregnant women so they can't make it a category a?

My obstetrician preferred me to take it so I could eat and get the nutrients the babies and I needed, and has prescribed it to lots of women for morning sickness.

It's such a personal decision to make though, only you can know what's right for you and your baby x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well before I was taking this I was vomiting 6-7 times a day and couldn't drink or eat so I was at the point where doctors were telling me if I don't start to drink at least I'd need to go on a drip and be admitted to hospital because my baby was becoming really dehydrated the same as me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I found a good one by accident. With this surprise baby, I had been flying quite a bit and had taken "Avil" (NOT ADVIL- lol some chemists/doctors mishear) for very severe travel/motion sickness that I have. When I found out about baby, I went into panic mode because I had taken Avil, I called "mothersafe" a great advice centre in Sydney (I believe and you can call them and ask about pretty much anything pregnancy/baby - they are brilliant).

But back to the story, they told me that it was fine to use and that is in fact was one of the original drugs they used for severe morning sickness way back.

Of course there are side effects like sleepiness etc.

But it might be worth a shot? Ask your doctor/obstetrician and call mothersafe.

They can even help you with drug interactions I'm pretty sure

www.mothersafe.org.au

Thanks
    Reviews