+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Anyone else trying first month after stopping birth control pill?

Well 36 days ago, I took my last birth control pill. I am now on day 34 of my cycle and I think perhaps there's some merit in waiting until you have your first proper period after stopping the pill before TTC.

I have been on the pill for years, but over that time I've had lots of breaks. Every time I've had a break before, my period has returned straight away (I usually have a 28 day cycle off the pill).

Now I feel strange, have had cramps and felt like my period would start but it still hasn't. Yesterday and today, I have had the tiniest bit of spotting, like tiniest bit of brown when I wipe but nothing else. I also feel quite nauseous.

I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago though and negative. If by the weekend I still don't have a period, I will test again.

Wish I knew what was going on, my body just feels out of sync.

Anyone else trying first month off birth control?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We started trying as soon as I stop taking the pill, and got a positive pregnancy test on day 25 of my cycle. That positive pregnancy test is now a 21 month old cyclone ;-)

All the best, here's hoping for a positive!

Similar Threads

1. Pain after stopping the pill
    By MustBeLove in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-08-2014, 16:33
  2. Ovulation while one birth control
    By MrsMummaButterfly in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 21:57
  3. TTC after stopping mini pill and breastfeeding
    By maybebaby25 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 2