Closed Thread
Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    My MIL is great but FIL has started saying some stuff that really pi$$es me off!

DH called them 2 nights ago to tell them that our second IVF attempt had worked and, although it's early days, we wanted to let them know I'm pregnant.
    MIL was over the moon and lovely about it. This was FIL's response to hearing his son tell him he was expecting his first child:

FIL: "Oh. So was it natural or did you actually have to use IVF?"
    DH: "No dad, I've already told you before, IVF is our only option, we weren't able to conceive naturally"
    FIL: "I see. Well, there's never been any problems having babies on OUR side of the family....."
    DH: "Well actually, as I've told you before, we both have issues"
    FIL: "Well, I don't see how, your mum and I didn't have any problems at all."

So basically, it's not OUR side of the family causing the problem, HillDweller is clearly to blame for you having to resort to IVF. And what is wrong with you guys? Can't you just make babies like normal people? He's made it quite plain that he thinks we were just impatient and went through IVF because we didn't get a baby as quickly as we wanted to. Yes FIL, after 2.5 years and being diagnosed with all sorts of issues, we were going to throw $10k down the toilet so we thought we'd just play around with this IVF business for a bit of a laugh instead.
    IVF is much easier than having sex

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-04-2016),Cue  (25-04-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (21-04-2016),HillDweller  (22-04-2016),JustJaq  (21-04-2016),Rocky27  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @HillDweller your FIL needs a punch in the nads. What a jerk.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-04-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (21-04-2016),HillDweller  (21-04-2016),JustJaq  (21-04-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (25-04-2016),Rocky27  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @HillDweller your FIL needs a punch in the nads. What a jerk.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Couldn't have said it better!
    Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is so bad it's laughable. Here are some texts I sent my friend from the last the ML stayed over.

Less than 2rs into her arriving.....
    Just sat down and she has just had another go. Alfie wouldn't eat what she brought for dinner. So I made him yoghurt with Chia seeds and blueberries and he asked for more so I gave him more she said you don't want to give him too much of that Chia. I Said he's hungry and it's good for him she said give him so bread WTF

Less than 3hrs... What do you mean you don't bake you should look after your husband and keep him happy. I bake my husband cakes and treats everyday what exactly do you do for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say your FIL is narrow minded. All the best and congratulations!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to helpihavehadababy For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL is currently refusing to get Boostrix with our little one due in 5 weeks. She says she is allergic to the vaccine despite not having it before. She also said that if newborn babies aren't immune to whooping cough at birth then there is something wrong with the Australian health care system (she's in Nz). Shoot me now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller MIL has made the exact same comment! Dh was still too embarrassed about his MFI to say anything so I just agreed that it must all be my fault for Dh sake. One day I really want to tell her that much of issue is indeed HER fault because she never bothered to have his undescended testes sorted.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (09-05-2016),HillDweller  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mother in law was talking about a little girl who had too much attitude and instead of saying "she's too big for her boots" she said "she's too big for her boobs".. We were on the floor laughing, when I told her the proper phrase! She talks with an accent and she thought that's what the phrase actually was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy083 View Post
    My mother in law was talking about a little girl who had too much attitude and instead of saying "she's too big for her boots" she said "she's too big for her boobs".. We were on the floor laughing, when I told her the proper phrase! She talks with an accent and she thought that's what the phrase actually was!
    She sounds delightful! Like Gloria from modern family 💜 I love her

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it count if I found out my FIL has been spreading rumours, mainly to SIL that we obtained the finance for our car fraudulently. He told her that we got rubbish trade in on our old car but managed to get a 15k discount on the new one, but then that wouldn't account for the trade in price so we added roof racks and got them to write that the roof racks cost us $15k to make the numbers match up.

I'm not misquoting, he actually makes such little sense in what he garbled out... Our finance is all above board. And even if his story were true, why wouldn't we add 15k of extras instead of paying that much for something worth a couple hundred.

He comes out with some pearlers. I will have to try think of some.