Closed Thread
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes I read stuff in this thread and wonder of it's made up because surely people aren't this batsh!t crazy..... surely.....

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

amyd  (19-02-2016),Balfour  (17-02-2016),Chillies  (20-02-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (20-02-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (17-02-2016),Redcorset  (09-03-2016),TheGooch  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have some funny/sad ones I could add to this. Does it count if it's my husbands MIL (my mother??) 😏

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (20-02-2016),meandmyboys82  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Sometimes I read stuff in this thread and wonder of it's made up because surely people aren't this batsh!t crazy..... surely.....
    Ooooh but they are ... in my case anyway. Or maybe it's just all the alcohol and weed over the years have destroyed mil's brain to the point that she actually does think she's 16 and that's why she's such an immature twit 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I have some funny/sad ones I could add to this. Does it count if it's my husbands MIL (my mother??) 😏
    Go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mother, not MIL...

When I went into labour with my daughter, I already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so I could go hospital. My FIL lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My MIL lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. DH texted my mother letting her know I was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed MIL, FIL and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

*ring*
    Me: Hello. Guess what? We had a little girl
    Her: Who looked after the boys?
    Me: Um, DHs mum and dad
    Her: Hmmmf *hangs up*

Got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare I treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but I think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-02-2016),Summer  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalfdozen View Post
    mother, not mil...

When i went into labour with my daughter, i already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so i could go hospital. My fil lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My mil lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. Dh texted my mother letting her know i was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed mil, fil and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

*ring*
    me: Hello. Guess what? We had a little girl
    her: Who looked after the boys?
    Me: Um, dhs mum and dad
    her: Hmmmf *hangs up*

got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare i treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but i think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.
    wow! :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mother, not MIL...

When I went into labour with my daughter, I already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so I could go hospital. My FIL lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My MIL lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. DH texted my mother letting her know I was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed MIL, FIL and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

*ring*

Got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare I treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but I think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.
    Typical narcisstic behaviour.

And if you asked your mother, she has done nothing wrong. I feel your pain Xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My jaw dropped open reading that one... Wow... Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ahalfdozen wow your mum seems like a real piece of work! Exactly what you need after giving birth! I'm glad you have decent in laws though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mother, not MIL...

*ring*

Oh you poor thing! Why is it that family are always so frustrating?? I wonder what she said to your Dad? He probably got a completely different story to what actually happened. I feel for you, we have family who are very similar.