Closed Thread
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1001
  1. #951
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,732
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked
    2,838
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes I read stuff in this thread and wonder of it's made up because surely people aren't this batsh!t crazy..... surely.....

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (19-02-2016),Balfour  (17-02-2016),Chillies  (20-02-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (20-02-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (17-02-2016),Redcorset  (09-03-2016),TheGooch  (22-02-2016)

  3. #952
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,423
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    869
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have some funny/sad ones I could add to this. Does it count if it's my husbands MIL (my mother??) 😏

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (20-02-2016),meandmyboys82  (19-02-2016)

  5. #953
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked
    134
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Sometimes I read stuff in this thread and wonder of it's made up because surely people aren't this batsh!t crazy..... surely.....
    Ooooh but they are ... in my case anyway. Or maybe it's just all the alcohol and weed over the years have destroyed mil's brain to the point that she actually does think she's 16 and that's why she's such an immature twit 😕

  6. #954
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,917
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked
    2,771
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I have some funny/sad ones I could add to this. Does it count if it's my husbands MIL (my mother??) 😏
    Go for it!

  7. #955
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,423
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    869
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mother, not MIL...

    When I went into labour with my daughter, I already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so I could go hospital. My FIL lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My MIL lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. DH texted my mother letting her know I was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed MIL, FIL and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

    *ring*
    Me: Hello. Guess what? We had a little girl
    Her: Who looked after the boys?
    Me: Um, DHs mum and dad
    Her: Hmmmf *hangs up*

    Got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare I treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but I think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    JulieMalooley  (20-02-2016),Summer  (20-02-2016)

  9. #956
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalfdozen View Post
    mother, not mil...

    When i went into labour with my daughter, i already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so i could go hospital. My fil lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My mil lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. Dh texted my mother letting her know i was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed mil, fil and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

    *ring*
    me: Hello. Guess what? We had a little girl
    her: Who looked after the boys?
    Me: Um, dhs mum and dad
    her: Hmmmf *hangs up*

    got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare i treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but i think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.
    wow! :/

  10. #957
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,566
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Mother, not MIL...

    When I went into labour with my daughter, I already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so I could go hospital. My FIL lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My MIL lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. DH texted my mother letting her know I was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed MIL, FIL and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

    *ring*
    Me: Hello. Guess what? We had a little girl
    Her: Who looked after the boys?
    Me: Um, DHs mum and dad
    Her: Hmmmf *hangs up*

    Got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare I treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but I think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.
    Typical narcisstic behaviour.

    And if you asked your mother, she has done nothing wrong. I feel your pain Xx

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (24-02-2016)

  12. #958
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My jaw dropped open reading that one... Wow... Hugs

  13. #959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,745
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked
    1,185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Ahalfdozen wow your mum seems like a real piece of work! Exactly what you need after giving birth! I'm glad you have decent in laws though.

  14. #960
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Far North QLD
    Posts
    2,251
    Thanks
    1,914
    Thanked
    1,828
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Mother, not MIL...

    When I went into labour with my daughter, I already had two boys. We decided that parents needed to be called at 11:30pm to come watch them so I could go hospital. My FIL lived 20 minutes away and came straight away. My MIL lived 2.5 hours away and left straight away also. My parents who lived half hour away didn't pick up. DH texted my mother letting her know I was in labour.
    My daughter was born at 3:30am. Noticed MIL, FIL and my mother all by text due to how early it was. My mother woke at 4 for work (she does exercise before work) and saw the test. Then rings me and the exact convo:

    *ring*
    Me: Hello. Guess what? We had a little girl
    Her: Who looked after the boys?
    Me: Um, DHs mum and dad
    Her: Hmmmf *hangs up*

    Got a phone call about lunch time off my father saying how dare I treat my mother is such a horrific way. We aren't sure but I think she was upset we dared have the other grandparents watch the children when clearly she is more important. Didn't come to see my daughter for over a week and didn't speak to me for about a month.
    Oh you poor thing! Why is it that family are always so frustrating?? I wonder what she said to your Dad? He probably got a completely different story to what actually happened. I feel for you, we have family who are very similar.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Carmel's Beauty Secrets
Oil Layering for Firming and Toning Carmel's Beauty Secrets
Did you know that spreading an oil such as Almond Oil or Coconut Oil over your skin after bath or shower helps to alleviate cellulite and also tone and firm the skin?
This Beauty Guide will show you how!
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!