Closed Thread
Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabochan View Post
    Upon learning we're likely starting fertility treatment soon:
    MIL "Oh! Well if you have twins again, I'll quit my job and come over everyday to help."
    Me *awkward smile*
    Oh god! That sounds like hell. Move quickly and stealthily out of your current town

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmmm For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabochan View Post
    Upon learning we're likely starting fertility treatment soon:
    MIL "Oh! Well if you have twins again, I'll quit my job and come over everyday to help."
    Me *awkward smile*
    Omg I know it's just a hypothetical in the future but if it gets to that definitely get DH to decline her offer!

My MIL took a month off when DD was born and was at my place every day! At first it was helpful then after a week I wanted to shoot myself! When I finally cracked and told DH he needed to say something all hell broke loose 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Omg I know it's just a hypothetical in the future but if it gets to that definitely get DH to decline her offer!

My MIL took a month off when DD was born and was at my place every day! At first it was helpful then after a week I wanted to shoot myself! When I finally cracked and told DH he needed to say something all hell broke loose 😕
    Dh has said ill def need his mums help when this bub is born as i wont cope。hell no id prefer she didnt watch toddler as it is im not having her round id prefer to struggle then have her round constantly lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    what's with dh's thinking their mums are invaluable? it's like they're basically saying to their wife/partner "you're incapable on your own".

we don't want any "live in" kind of help with our bub. happy to figure it out on our own and if we need help, we will ask for it.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (24-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (22-01-2016),KitiK  (23-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (19-01-2016),Maddmumma  (19-01-2016),Sabochan  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its also for mils benefit cause she's lonely since fil died and she doesn't have a daughter so is trying to force a mother daughter relationship at the rudeness to my own mum who i am very close with。i find it hard for her but it is not my fault she hasnt worked the last 40 years and is bored all day, she wont volunteer or.do anything so we get to hear she's lonely and bored and i should want to hang out all day with her. Nope she hates fat people i am since joining her family, hates tattoos all mums with tattoos are feral lol ive had mine for.12 yrs she's never seen them though. I just want to enjoy my time home with my dd and new bub besides daycare days, the best help would be dropping dd at daycare but when it comes to her going home of a morning in the last yr she's put her in a car seat only.twice ever and then complained it hurt her shoulder, cant get her out of the car or pram and cant do up.seat buckles and doesnt want to learn but im mean cause i wont let her take her out for the day alone, im not having strangers touch my child because she is incapable of putting her in a car seat. Doesnt believe babies need breastmilk past 10 months i fed till 17 i know it annoyed her lol, she believes in cc we don't and i understand now when dh says they always had a clean house when they were kids she put them in front of a tv all day loudly.so didnt.hear the youngest cry while giving bottles so she could vacume or cook. Worked well for her but so different to me so dont need to hear it all the time how things should be done, booby comes first here but will be confusing with added in daycare days to keep dd in routine with friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post

My MIL took a month off when DD was born and was at my place every day! At first it was helpful then after a week I wanted to shoot myself! When I finally cracked and told DH he needed to say something all hell broke loose ������
    Yeah this is exactly how it would be here. I'm not sure why she thinks I'm incapable of looking after another set of twins.
    I'm lucky in that DH is in the same mindset as me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so frustrated by the favoritism my mil shows!!!
    When dd was 2 she was very full on and when i mentioned some of the things she got into to my mil she would say "oh I cant believe dd would do that" but my 2yo ds does the same thing and he is naughty and this mornings comment. "He is going to spend o
    More time in the principle office than in the classroom"
    I am so angry and they are supposed to have my kids for two days while dh and I get to go away. I dont want to leave him with them now.

I totally understand that he is a very full on little boy always on the go. But just take him outside grab a chair and he will at least play on his own. I just hate the comments. Dd is up on the pedestal and ds is a trouble maker at 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mil started questioning me on why I was keeping a ream of paper and tissues etc in DS room. It's for school in a week but sure why not complain about what I keep in my sons room 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL who never visits us, despite every week being 20 minutes away, calls on her way back from a 9 hour return trip to drop SIL and son home. I missed the call, and call her back an hour later for her to say,
    'Oh, I was going to drop in and say hello, but I was too tired. So I kept driving 15 minutes and spent an hour having coffee and cake with my neighbour who was in town.'
    This is a neighbour she sees daily, but she can't stop in for coffee with her 2 granddaughters.
    Then she asks us to drive 1.5 hours to her house because she wants to see the girls this weekend. Umm.... No....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    MIL who never visits us, despite every week being 20 minutes away, calls on her way back from a 9 hour return trip to drop SIL and son home. I missed the call, and call her back an hour later for her to say,
    'Oh, I was going to drop in and say hello, but I was too tired. So I kept driving 15 minutes and spent an hour having coffee and cake with my neighbour who was in town.'
    This is a neighbour she sees daily, but she can't stop in for coffee with her 2 granddaughters.
    Then she asks us to drive 1.5 hours to her house because she wants to see the girls this weekend. Umm.... No....
    This sounds just like my MIL. Every month she drives a 6 hour round trip to go and see a friend, but can't drive a 3 hour round trip to see her only grandson! Then she complains to everyone that I keep her grandson from her Anyway, that's my rant for the day!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (24-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (24-01-2016),moto  (23-01-2016)