Closed Thread
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    When you actually find out your MIL's reasons for not visiting really IS about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    No, it's about her. If she's that shallow she can't push passed issues she may have with you to spend time with everyone else then it's not about you, its about her.
    Yep. No partner would ever stop me seeing my kids. Hubby hated dd1 last bf. We still visited and was happy for them to visit us.

Definitely about her not you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-01-2016),Frankenmum  (05-01-2016),White Mage  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Yep. No partner would ever stop me seeing my kids. Hubby hated dd1 last bf. We still visited and was happy for them to visit us.

Definitely about her not you.
    I am pretty tired of being the issue, when in actual fact there really isn't much I can do about the issues she has. The arguments she is having now is more with DH, but we will blame me anyway. He has been putting her in her place for the past year, and she has been hating it.
    Last edited by White Mage; 05-01-2016 at 12:58. Reason: I spell realll good~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so lucky my OHs parents love me 😳 couldn't imagine what we would do if they didn't! Even his ex's mum adores me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I knew there would be some horror stories here after Christmas! Ugh, I feel so bad for all of you dealing with this sort of crap. My ex MIL was pretty awful, but my MIL is great.

I think it's just that we are a perfect fit personality wise - DH & I like being alone and can't stand people trying to visit or hassle us to visit all the time and my MIL probably calls about once every 3 months. We never call them unless we are organizing something and we visit each other about 4 or 5 times a year. They're happy with that, we're happy with that, it works great! She is ultra lovely to me at all times, tells me how much she loves me every time we speak. I know after we have children there'll probably be more of an effort on both sides to see each other more though.

So I guess our personalities just work, when some people are upset their in laws don't speak to them for months, then just call out of the blue asking if they can see them, I think "that's what I like best about my in laws!" 😄

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Upon learning we're likely starting fertility treatment soon:
    MIL "Oh! Well if you have twins again, I'll quit my job and come over everyday to help."
    Me *awkward smile*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabochan For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabochan View Post
    MIL "Oh! Well if you have twins again, I'll quit my job and come over everyday to help."
    Me *awkward smile*
    😨 nightmare

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me *awkward smile*
    You need to move - different state, possibly different country.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (18-01-2016),Sabochan  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me *awkward smile*
    Sure MIL quit your job which is your source of income to 'help out'. Since it is voluntary you will not get paid so life may not be so comfy.

Also, hell no.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me *awkward smile*

See, I actually think that's kind of sweet. It'd probably drive you round the bend if it was every day, but the fact she's offering help seems to me like a positive thing. (Said as someone who lives a long way from any family, and who'd love some occasional help!)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    See, I actually think that's kind of sweet. It'd probably drive you round the bend if it was every day, but the fact she's offering help seems to me like a positive thing. (Said as someone who lives a long way from any family, and who'd love some occasional help!)
    Yeah it is sweet, I totally agree. But MIL does not have a great track record with making decisions about my children's well being - the last time she looked after our boys for us she took them in the car "just around the corner" with no car seats (they're 4)...