Closed Thread
Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Why don't your DH's just ring their parents if they want to talk to them on Christmas??... Just I was thinking I wonder if they are sitting there thinking the same thing .. You know 'My son didn't even bother to call on Christnas..' My parents suck at calling so I just always make the effort. Doesn't bother me though.
    I should have probably added, they didn't acknowledge that it was DD's birthday the day before Christmas either so they definitely wouldn't be getting a phone call to wish them a merry Christmas.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A gift from a dead pet.

That's a whole new level of weird lol

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (27-12-2015),ICanDream  (27-12-2015),Kimmmm  (27-12-2015),kriista  (27-12-2015),White Mage  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With us, it's ALWAYS us contacting mil. EVERY TIME. Hubby pulled her up on it and that's when she turned on the waterworks and put all the blame on me. 2 weeks after sending me a lovey dovey birthday message (she "forgot" my birthday last year). Wth?! So (according to what she told hubby) i make her feel unwanted and she doesn't want anything to do with me but sends me an overly nice bday text. She's so manipulative and puts blame on everyone but herself, she can do no wrong.
    Grrrrr makes me so damn mad.

Hubby decided to not bother trying to contact her since we last saw her 3 months ago. Thats when she finally texted on christmas day.
    Fil is a whole different story we don't see or speak to him at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

A BIL story ....

We're in Sthn Tasmania and it was 35 degrees here on Xmas day.

But 40+ degrees in the stinky oil smelling backyard shed where DH's brother decided we should all eat a hot Xmas lunch ... Over 3 hours.

I'm pregnant and felt like I was going to pass out. DH's mum is 90 and frail.
    SIL know-it-all kept reprimanding my child over the top of me (I was right there!! as was hubby).

MIL has never interfered. She doesn't care enuf to.

That family just doesn't think.

DH doesn't like to rock the boat so I said to BIL "next time remember - Aircon and pool or we eat at a restaurant that has those things!" I can't stand them so I don't care if they don't like it. Thank god we're moving to qld next year.
    Last edited by Kimmmm; 27-12-2015 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmmm View Post
    A BIL story ....

We're in Sthn Tasmania and it was 35 degrees here on Xmas day.

But 40+ degrees in the stinky oil smelling backyard shed where DH's brother decided we should all eat a hot Xmas lunch ... Over 3 hours.

I'm pregnant and felt like I was going to pass out. DH's mum is 90 and frail.
    SIL know-it-all kept reprimanding my child over the top of me (I was right there!! as was hubby).

MIL has never interfered. She doesn't care enuf to.

That family just doesn't think.

DH doesn't like to rock the boat so I said to BIL "next time remember - Aircon and pool or we eat at a restaurant that has those things!" I can't stand them so I don't care if they don't like it. Thank god we're moving to qld next year.
    you've seriously got to be kidding. good on you for speaking up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Arghh!! Need to vent cos DH doesn't get it. DH has been off work this week and we're expecting our second child in April. Naturally we've spent most of this week spending quality time with DD 3yrs before new baby arrives, it's not everyday that she has both DH and I home with her.

Tonight MIL invites us over for dinner (which annoys me because it's NYE and I'd rather spend it with our friends but that's a whole other issue) she's been off work this week too and from the moment we walk in is on our case about why we didn't bring DD over to see her all week. She says to DD why didn't your lazy parents bring you to visit me, are they lazy? Over and over. Forget the fact that we actually did call her midweek to see if she was free for a visit and she was busy, or that she knows where we live and is perfectly capable of coming to our place to see DD. She just likes to insult us and make herself look like the poor victim in front of DHs family.

Then she's up in DDs face all night being possessive forcing DD to say hello and give hugs to people she doesn't know, and when DD says she wants to be with me gets all annoyed and huffy, umm hello I'm her mother, get over it!

Throughout it all I held my tongue and smiled and behaved politely, when we said we were leaving at 10pm so we could go join our friends and actually ring in the new year having a bit of fun, I got the third degree.. "Oh you're leaving already? But I've made DHs favorite dessert". Woman I'm not seeing my parents for NYE either, we had Christmas lunch with you and now NYE dinner, can't I have a life of my own!!!

Sorry for the essay, needed to get it off my chest before I go to bed. Hope we all have a better new year without interference from our annoying in laws! 🙏🏼

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (02-01-2016),BabyG4  (03-01-2016),Chillies  (01-01-2016),kriista  (01-01-2016),meandmyboys82  (02-01-2016),Sookie Stackedhouse  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mil visited on the monday after christmas. I swear that woman has bipolar or something. Last time she came over i barely got a hello and she was blaming me for her lack of being part of our lives. This time she acts like there's no problems and it's happy families. What the actual eff? She even bought me xmas pressies. Cheap generic soap crap that i would never use (i have sensitive skin etc) and the ugliest wallet I've ever seen in my life. I'm not being ungrateful on purpose but after 13 years she still doesn't know me. She bought more useless crap for ds1 (we live in a townhouse, we have no room!!) And some UGLY clothes he'll never wear.
    She asked about sizes for ds2 to buy him clothes as we def don't need/want toys for him. I very quickly suggested gift cards so we can buy ourselves due to sizing difficulties. He's in between sizes and still very small so we don't know what size he'll be in and what the temps will be when we need to get him more clothes. But really she has shocking taste and i can't stand the crap she buys for our boys.
    I wonder if it'll be another 3 months before we hear from her again. I wouldn't complain that's for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm just wow! I've spent nearly all day reading this entire thread - couldn't put it down - was like a really gripping horror story. I guess I'm really lucky, my family are great and DP's family are too, no MIL unfortunately as she passed away before I came along. FIL is good but I couldn't believe that after 3 yrs of IVF and then resorting to donor eggs in s. Africa we went to a gathering with some people that he camps with a lot and someone there that I didn't know asked how my trip to Africa went while patting his stomach !! It really sh1ts me because I know that while that whole group are drinking around the campfire he's regaling them of tales of our VERY personal fertility struggle. We haven't told FIL the sexes yet. Some of my family know but stuff him, he can wait till we tell everyone.
    Anyway, if that's my biggest gripe I'm lucky.
    My first MIL could give some of these a run for their money but thankfully she's in the past and I would never put up with that crap again. It's too damaging to a relationship to have a third party causing stress, obviously, as she was a big part in that marriage ending.
    I really feel for those of you with crap outlaws.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (03-01-2016),Chillies  (04-01-2016),Summer  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When you actually find out your MIL's reasons for not visiting really IS about you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    When you actually find out your MIL's reasons for not visiting really IS about you.
    No, it's about her. If she's that shallow she can't push passed issues she may have with you to spend time with everyone else then it's not about you, its about her.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (07-01-2016),Frankenmum  (05-01-2016),Green Cheese  (05-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2016),KitiK  (17-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (05-01-2016),meandmyboys82  (05-01-2016),misho  (20-01-2016),Wise Enough  (17-01-2016)