Closed Thread
Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1001
  1. #881
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    3,601
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked
    1,107
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I feel bad for my dh. his stupid useless dad hasn't even texted or emailed him to say merry Xmas. I couldn't care less about the guy but I feel sad for dh. what a piece of sh•t, seriously.
    DH family was the same. Didn't hear from them on Christmas, they would have been busy with their other grandchildren 🤔 Funny thing is, both DH uncles rang us to wish us a merry Christmas but his own parents didn't.. We move interstate in a few months, can't wait to just leave and not tell them lol.

  2. #882
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why don't your DH's just ring their parents if they want to talk to them on Christmas??... Just I was thinking I wonder if they are sitting there thinking the same thing .. You know 'My son didn't even bother to call on Christnas..' My parents suck at calling so I just always make the effort. Doesn't bother me though.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (26-12-2015),Lincolns mummy  (26-12-2015),TheGooch  (26-12-2015)

  4. #883
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Why don't your DH's just ring their parents if they want to talk to them on Christmas??... Just I was thinking I wonder if they are sitting there thinking the same thing .. You know 'My son didn't even bother to call on Christnas..' My parents suck at calling so I just always make the effort. Doesn't bother me though.
    true but with my dh its ALWAYS one way. his dad didn't even bother with a bday card this year. so in light of that not sure why I'd expect a different outcome for Xmas but oh well, I guess I did.

    just feels like it's always a one way street with dh and his dad. makes me think his dad really cbf/doesn't care.

  5. #884
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    We had an interesting Christmas with the in laws...
    They weirdly give DH and BIL presents from their dead family pets (mainly their dead dog). DH told them weeks ago that they can't do this for DS (10 weeks old) as we don't want him to be confused about death etc as he gets older.
    And you guessed it, DS had a present from the dead dog. I didn't see the card but DH told me when we got home. I am still fuming!
    He called and spoke to them this morning, they didn't see problem at first until DH argued with them for a few minutes. It's so freaking weird and I just feel like they are trying to undermine us.

    And then as it was so windy, DS and I spent most of the day inside by ourselves as they were all outside.

    Guess who is not going there for Christmas next year!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (26-12-2015)

  7. #885
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really confused by this. A gift from a dead pet... To a 10 week old. So confused.

  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (26-12-2015),Alicia111  (26-12-2015),BluePixie  (06-01-2016),ChatlotteA  (17-01-2016),Chillies  (26-12-2015),kriista  (26-12-2015),MINIRoo  (27-12-2015),smallpotatoes  (26-12-2015),Starfish30  (26-12-2015),Wise Enough  (27-12-2015)

  9. #886
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I'm really confused by this. A gift from a dead pet... To a 10 week old. So confused.
    I agree, it's bizarre!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

    Alicia111  (26-12-2015)

  11. #887
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,650
    Thanks
    15,094
    Thanked
    11,260
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    We had an interesting Christmas with the in laws...
    They weirdly give DH and BIL presents from their dead family pets (mainly their dead dog). DH told them weeks ago that they can't do this for DS (10 weeks old) as we don't want him to be confused about death etc as he gets older.
    And you guessed it, DS had a present from the dead dog. I didn't see the card but DH told me when we got home. I am still fuming!
    He called and spoke to them this morning, they didn't see problem at first until DH argued with them for a few minutes. It's so freaking weird and I just feel like they are trying to undermine us.

    And then as it was so windy, DS and I spent most of the day inside by ourselves as they were all outside.

    Guess who is not going there for Christmas next year!
    This so dam crazy I would have thought you were a troll if I didn't recognise your name as regular poster.

    It is simply bat sh1t crazy

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (26-12-2015),Chillies  (26-12-2015)

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,927
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked
    1,116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Omg thanks for not making me feel like a total creep. I shower with my girls sometimes and I showered with my mum so felt like crap today 😢
    Geez she'd freak in my house, my 9y0 DS would rather shower with me than on his own and given he's getting stinky something is better than nothing!

  14. #889
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    MIL has known I'm pregnant for 10 weeks. I see her every day, and she has NOT ONCE asked how I am/how's baby/what's up/appointments/etc

  15. #890
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    This so dam crazy I would have thought you were a troll if I didn't recognise your name as regular poster.

    It is simply bat sh1t crazy
    Haha!! It is that crazy!!
    I can't even comprehend it... They are just so weird!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (26-12-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Ro and Co
Ro and Co kids cooking classes and parties are a fantastic way for children to experiment with food. The classes and parties are designed to be both educational and fun, giving your child the skills they need to be confident and creative in the kitchen.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!