Closed Thread
Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I've just found out MIL has told all and sundry what we are having! I haven't even told anyone in my family. I'm so mad! What part of 'not your news to tell' doesn't get through to people? Now I feel like I have to tell all of my family so they don't find out through the grapevine.
    I would be livid, that's what im thinking will happen so don't want to tell mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    that would totally pee me off. I don't actually trust anyone to keep secret that kind of news so I wouldn't say anything til I was well and truly ready to announce it myself. people can't help themselves but it's sad a mil can't respect that it's your news to tell, not hers. did you have a word to her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I've just found out MIL has told all and sundry what we are having! I haven't even told anyone in my family. I'm so mad! What part of 'not your news to tell' doesn't get through to people? Now I feel like I have to tell all of my family so they don't find out through the grapevine.
    I'm petty. And would let her find out through the grapeline about the birth.

Again. I am petty. Especially when pregnant and hormonal lol.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (29-11-2015),Barnaby  (29-11-2015),chickenandegg  (29-11-2015),Chillies  (29-11-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (29-11-2015),meandmyboys82  (29-11-2015),mkj  (29-11-2015),Wise Enough  (29-11-2015),wobblermummy  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I overheard a convo between my MIL and SIL while still pregnant with my youngest about me calling dh over to feel the baby move was 'manipulative' and 'calculated'. Dh had been so disappointed to always miss out on feeling him, and when he finally did he was so excited. But no, it was a manipulative move on my part

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    I overheard a convo between my MIL and SIL while still pregnant with my youngest about me calling dh over to feel the baby move was 'manipulative' and 'calculated'. Dh had been so disappointed to always miss out on feeling him, and when he finally did he was so excited. But no, it was a manipulative move on my part
    I don't understand how that's manipulative in any way. Your inlaws are crazy!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (29-11-2015),KitiK  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huh!?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    I don't understand how that's manipulative in any way. Your inlaws are crazy!
    I know, right?! Thankfully dh also heard the conversation and he was equally gobsmacked and even bought it up with her later. She said something about the timing of the baby kicking being 'convenient' - she wanted him to do something for her?! Either way, dh thinks she was childish and now we joke about whenever I am talking to him about OUR kids I am trying to manipulate him.. She really is a nutcase.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    that's horrid. what a pair of b*tches!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my first (DD) was a newborn my MIL told me my baby is "quite clingy" to me and my SIL repeated her views with "yes, she's a mummy's girl". WTF she was only a few weeks old!
    Then later step-FIL told me I was quite "overprotective" - from a man whose never had kids of his own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    that would totally pee me off. I don't actually trust anyone to keep secret that kind of news so I wouldn't say anything til I was well and truly ready to announce it myself. people can't help themselves but it's sad a mil can't respect that it's your news to tell, not hers. did you have a word to her?
    I didn't tell anyone-DH told his mum who then told others. I have had a few people text me about buying stuff for 'the two girls' I asked DH and he said yeah I told mum and I said well she's clearly telling other people and he shrugged so of course there was an argument. I hope it's a boy now! I totally agree, people cannot help themselves which is why I specifically said to DH I don't want anyone to know the sex-it's no ones business but of course he got drunk and blabbed. So rude.