Closed Thread
Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have just brought a new house with a newly renovated bathroom.

Mother in law says. 'Now how are you going to keep the bathroom clean?'

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I just think that if DP and I split up and his new partner had a pic of our DD as her Facebook profile I wouldn't be happy about it. So I'm guessing that DP ex wouldn't like me using her kids as my Facebook profile. But we all think differently, maybe she would fine with it.
    Oh as the facebook profile pic, yes ok I am with you on that

i thought you meant that there are no pics up as it would be disrespectful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh goody. Even though we asked her not to, MIL told BIL and SIL and probably everyone else in the universe that I'm pregnant before we get the chance to tell people ourselves. Not even 12 weeks yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenandegg View Post
    Oh goody. Even though we asked her not to, MIL told BIL and SIL and probably everyone else in the universe that I'm pregnant before we get the chance to tell people ourselves. Not even 12 weeks yet.
    My mil did that to us at my mums 60th birthday no less while drunk so all my cousins know and all of my mums work friends apparently it wasn't a given to not tell other people she didn't know it was rude so refuses to apologise. We were 10 weeks and ahe knows my mum lost a bub at 14 weeks and my only aunty was born 3 months prem and died a few hrs later. I don't think she needs to know anything more till bub born now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    I don't think she needs to know anything more till bub born now
    Yep. Good plan. What a jerk.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenandegg For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was appalled at her behaviour as was every one of my mums work colleagues and her cousins. She doesn't know we'd lost 2 earlier but that wasn't the point it was our excitement and she took it from me. Had the hide to ask if can come along to nt scan hell no woman if dh isn't free and I can't reschedul I'll take my sis mum would chuck a sickie or I'd go alone first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That's exactly why I didn't tell my parents (both times) until about 14 weeks. I don't trust them to keep a secret.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's exactly why I didn't tell my parents (both times) until about 14 weeks. I don't trust them to keep a secret.
    Wish I could, but I couldn't keep the morning sickness from her 🗣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    How awful! I'll never understand why people do this. I think when people do that they have then lost the privilege to know anything more about the pregnancy. You've given her an opportunity to show that's she's trustworthy and she blew it. When she has a cry because you're sharing things with your family or friends and not her remind her why.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

chickenandegg  (22-11-2015),wobblermummy  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    ditto. we didn't tell anyone til
    15 weeks then told them all at the same time. seems unfair to tell some people and not others plus people struggle to keep their gob shut so it's easier to just keep it a secret til you're well and truly ready to go public with it.