Closed Thread
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default SH!T my MIL says

Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I always thought profile pics were viewable by the public no matter what?! Off to investigate now
    Yea you can choose your profile photo privacy settings. I do it off my phone you have to click on each photo individually and click edit privacy and it comes up in there! All mine are set to friends excluding mil specifically.
    Last edited by starflame; 05-11-2015 at 01:27.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Yea you can choose your profile photo privacy settings. I do it off my phone you have to click on each photo individually and click edit privacy and it comes up in there! All mine are set to friends excluding mil specifically.
    Done! So quick and easy on my phone too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    Done! So quick and easy on my phone too
    Isn't it great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GMIL today - 'so you really ARE pregnant'.

Seems like she thinks MIL/FIL and DH and I were either mistaken or lying...

Followed by 'you aren't really a parent until you have at least 2 children'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    My GMIL today - 'so you really ARE pregnant'.

Seems like she thinks MIL/FIL and DH and I were either mistaken or lying...

Followed by 'you aren't really a parent until you have at least 2 children'.
    omfg. how did you resist the urge to not punch her in the face 😂

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omfg. how did you resist the urge to not punch her in the face 😂
    I suppose I am used to it now. She is a lady that is always 'right' and speaks her mind about it. Incredibly racist (her favourite grandchild married a Japanese girl and they have a gorgeous baby - he is no longer the favourite and she does not visit him), hates single mothers (no idea about this one?), continously brings up the war (my family is Polish - I think she expects me to be bitter like she is about the war) and is just... mean. You can never get through to her but I continously pull her up on it - and she ignores me.

Soooo... just ignore her and DH and I rant about it later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    That is odd. My stepchildren mean a lot to me and are very much part of my family, however, I would never use a family pic with them included as my Facebook profile as I feel it would be disrespectful to their mother.
    What do you think is disrespectful about it?

I have my stepkids in photos on my facebook- not at my profile pictures though, because everyone can see them. I see it as a privacy thing, rather than a respect issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I suppose I am used to it now. She is a lady that is always 'right' and speaks her mind about it. Incredibly racist (her favourite grandchild married a Japanese girl and they have a gorgeous baby - he is no longer the favourite and she does not visit him), hates single mothers (no idea about this one?), continously brings up the war (my family is Polish - I think she expects me to be bitter like she is about the war) and is just... mean. You can never get through to her but I continously pull her up on it - and she ignores me.

lol I'm polish too! the only ones who can say stuff about the holocaust is is! cos it was our grandparents who were in it!!!!

she sounds rather ignorant (no offence!)

Thanks
    Reviews

WOW! What a nasty piece of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    What do you think is disrespectful about it?

I have my stepkids in photos on my facebook- not at my profile pictures though, because everyone can see them. I see it as a privacy thing, rather than a respect issue.
    I just think that if DP and I split up and his new partner had a pic of our DD as her Facebook profile I wouldn't be happy about it. So I'm guessing that DP ex wouldn't like me using her kids as my Facebook profile. But we all think differently, maybe she would fine with it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (11-11-2015),Cicho  (10-11-2015),yadot  (10-11-2015)