Closed Thread
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Today we told MIL we are expecting and after saying a couple of nice things she said "I'm having a baby to, I'm getting a new cat"

WTF she knows it's taken us years to get pregnant and she's comparing it to picking up a stray from the RSPCA. I'm so angry and hurt, DH was speechless.
    I'm so sorry to hear, very frustrating especially when sharing such special news! Sounds like your mil can't stand anyone else having attention.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today we told MIL we are expecting and after saying a couple of nice things she said "I'm having a baby to, I'm getting a new cat"

WTF she knows it's taken us years to get pregnant and she's comparing it to picking up a stray from the RSPCA. I'm so angry and hurt, DH was speechless.
    Wtf.
    Congratulations and I hope this didn't take too much away from your excitement. Celebrate with people you know will celebrate with you. I can't even believe what she said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Not quite the same but we consider or dog as pretty much a family member and have spent thousands of dollars on her with more to spend but every year mil will buy sils horrible, ill mannered dog birthday, easter and Christmas presents. She doesn't get ours anything because "sil doesn't have kids yet(keep in mind she had a termination because she wasn't ready for kids) and you do, you have a family, her dog is her child". So either she is saying our dog is not worthy, or our kids are being compared to a pet.

And congratulations to you on your great news!
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 01-10-2015 at 10:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It's nothing compared to some of these whoppers but this morning MIL just made me want to smack her upside the head. I was telling her that I really didn't want to go to a baby shower this long weekend as I'll only know the mum to be and maybe one other person. I was telling her this is due to my anxiety. She told me I simply need to face my fears and then I can have a nice time socializing.

Anyone who has a clue about anxiety knows this is just a pi$$ take and insult.

Seems like a bit of a so-what kind of thing but after years of these kinds of comments, I'm just about done trying with this woman. She is so overbearing and condescending.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (20-01-2016),Chillies  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Seems like a bit of a so-what kind of thing but after years of these kinds of comments, I'm just about done trying with this woman. She is so overbearing and condescending.
    It wears you down when it happens all the time. A girl can only take so much!!
    I'm sick to death of my mil turning on the tears to manipulate dh. I used to just back down but not anymore. I don't care anymore. I will no longer be a doormat. If dh doesn't like it, he can leave and go live with his "perfect" mummy. I told him that too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (03-10-2015),HeavenBlue  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    We are leaving soon to go on an overseas holiday where shellfish may be present in food cooked for us and since dp has a very mild allergy, my brother has a mild allergy and my aunty is anaphylactic we have always held off giving the girls shellfish until they are old enough to be able to tell us if they are having an kind of reaction. Anyway dp and I were discussing trying dd2 with shellfish before we leave so we knew if we had anything to worry about or had to be really careful in case she was allergic. Dp was worried if it might take a couple tries of shellfish for an allergy to reveal itself when mil pipes up she already let dd2 try shrimp paste in some cooking early in the year without us knowing... Unimpressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    We are leaving soon to go on an overseas holiday where shellfish may be present in food cooked for us and since dp has a very mild allergy, my brother has a mild allergy and my aunty is anaphylactic we have always held off giving the girls shellfish until they are old enough to be able to tell us if they are having an kind of reaction. Anyway dp and I were discussing trying dd2 with shellfish before we leave so we knew if we had anything to worry about or had to be really careful in case she was allergic. Dp was worried if it might take a couple tries of shellfish for an allergy to reveal itself when mil pipes up she already let dd2 try shrimp paste in some cooking early in the year without us knowing... Unimpressed!
    OH MY GOD I would be livid! That is insanely irresponsible of her.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (06-10-2015),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-10-2015),HeavenBlue  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow a lot of these MIL sound totally narcissistic....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    OH MY GOD I would be livid! That is insanely irresponsible of her.
    Either it was an oversight or she didn't think dd2 would be allergic(but still not up to her). An accidental oversight realizing after the fact I could deal with but I really don't know if it was. She just said dd2 has tried shrimp paste in some food she ate earlier in the year and we were there. In a way kind of like we should have known. Had we known we would have avoided that food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    It's nothing compared to some of these whoppers but this morning MIL just made me want to smack her upside the head. I was telling her that I really didn't want to go to a baby shower this long weekend as I'll only know the mum to be and maybe one other person. I was telling her this is due to my anxiety. She told me I simply need to face my fears and then I can have a nice time socializing.

Anyone who has a clue about anxiety knows this is just a pi$$ take and insult.

Anyone who has a clue about baby showers knows that that situation sucks. Unless you're little miss life of the party, charismatic popular girl, no one can make that work!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-10-2015)