Closed Thread
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Thanks ladies. I was barely acknowledged as per usual. Don't care didn't want to make small talk. She went outside to smoke and didn't bother even closing the door. I closed the door quite forcefully and said close the door if you're going to smoke. Her mother heard me and gave me a filthy look. I'm sure they had a ***** when they left. I was upstairs feeding bub so didn't have to play nice.
    I feel like not paying attention to them woukd frustrate them more, much like with a bully.
    Dh hasn't said anything to me about it .... yet!
    So incredibly rude. Dh has harassed to have certain cousins and aunts/uncles over soon and I said if don't smoke at my house then yes he said I'm rude they Can smoke outside but I don't Want any smell in the house or yard he has asthma I do and so does bub now. It would anger me more then the blatant rudeness id be saying no more. Disrespecting in my house

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-09-2015),meandmyboys82  (26-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    That's so disrespectful. I hope your DH sets her straight. If she can't be courteous to you in your own house, she needs to grow up. I would be super pi$$ed about the smoking. There's no excuse these days. Everyone knows how bad it is for you and she's prepared to let a tiny baby be exposed to it? Yuck.
    It's not worth the fight honestly. If he lets it go I'm happy. I just accept being treated badly but don't stoop down to her level. I put my little comments in when i can, it's fun!
    It's the same with dh's brother and his wife. They let it go and don't buy into her manipulations and they're happy. Why bother fighting, that's prob just what she wants.
    We have a great relationship if you factor out his parents they're the only major issue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (26-09-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    So incredibly rude. Dh has harassed to have certain cousins and aunts/uncles over soon and I said if don't smoke at my house then yes he said I'm rude they Can smoke outside but I don't Want any smell in the house or yard he has asthma I do and so does bub now. It would anger me more then the blatant rudeness id be saying no more. Disrespecting in my house
    I would be the same. I wouldn't want anyone smoking inside or out at my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smoke follows to inside from heavy smokers, dh never said a thing to a mate who smoked heavy at our house outside then came into our spare room and made it smell like cigarettes id have to wash everything all the time including my clothes in the wardrobe I was beyond furious. I now don't want it inside or out and dh's family are all very heavy chain smokers I said no lqst xmas to them holding dd and while I was inside mil handed over to cousins and said she'd be fine one of them fell over half hr later as she was so drunk and mil could see but I was mean denying someone who'd had 3 kids removed out of her care cause she won't stop using drugs from touching my child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhhh i had to laugh while reading this...I AM NOT ALLLOONNNEEEE... just to contribute to the phenomenon which is MIL... my Darling MIL recently sat me down to tell me that even though my partner and I have spent 5 1/2 years and 2 children together, our relationship means nothing because we are not married and she is desperate to bring her niece from overseas and if that means marrying her niece to my dear partner then thats EXACTLY what will happen... i literally had no words for this particular conversation as it happened but i must say it definately took the icing on the cake of messed up things she has done and said since we have been together... then to to top it off a few hours later she goes on about how lucky i am to have her as a MIL because she is so kind to us :/ :/ :/ lmfao

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    I am the same, my sister and BIL are the only smokers that often come over and if they want a smoke when they are here then I make them go down the end of the driveway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isaevette86 View Post
    Ohhhhhh i had to laugh while reading this...I AM NOT ALLLOONNNEEEE... just to contribute to the phenomenon which is MIL... my Darling MIL recently sat me down to tell me that even though my partner and I have spent 5 1/2 years and 2 children together, our relationship means nothing because we are not married and she is desperate to bring her niece from overseas and if that means marrying her niece to my dear partner then thats EXACTLY what will happen... i literally had no words for this particular conversation as it happened but i must say it definately took the icing on the cake of messed up things she has done and said since we have been together... then to to top it off a few hours later she goes on about how lucky i am to have her as a MIL because she is so kind to us :/ :/ :/ lmfao
    😳😳😳

Ummm.....is she delusional? I assume your DP has no choice in her plan??!! Sheesh. What did he say when you told him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by isaevette86 View Post
    Um wow I have no words to that except wouldn't her niece and your partner be cousins?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Um wow I have no words to that except wouldn't her niece and your partner be cousins?
    That was my thoughts...? And she's delusional if she thinks she can make them marry - its illegal for first cousins to marry!

Wow. Makes my MIL look like an angel in comparison :/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

isaevette86  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    That was my thoughts...? And she's delusional if she thinks she can make them marry - its illegal for first cousins to marry!

Wow. Makes my MIL look like an angel in comparison :/
    It's not illegal.

According to Australian Marriage Act 1961, there are some instances where you can marry a relative, provided that the relative is not a direct blood relation or legal guardian.Relatives that you are not allowed to marry under Australian Law include:
    • A Sister or Brother
    • A Mother or Father
    Relatives that you are allowed to marry under Australian Law include:
    • A Cousin, Niece or Nephew
    • An Aunty or Uncle
    With regard to marriage of a legal guardian (where guardianship is the result of adoption), you are not allowed to enter into such a marriage under Australian Law.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

isaevette86  (27-09-2015)