Closed Thread
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh her weight won't be helping her.... When she found out we would have trouble conceiving.

When we were there last time we argued about wether Goofy was a dog or not....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping28 View Post
    Oh her weight won't be helping her.... When she found out we would have trouble conceiving.

When we were there last time we argued about wether Goofy was a dog or not....
    OMG! I'm p!ssed off for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    OMG! I'm p!ssed off for you.
    She is a bit odd...

When we were there the last time DS reached her Smokes and lighter and put one in his mouth and started flicking the lighter! I had gone to the toilet and she was supposed to be watching him. When I freaked out she said oh I probably shouldn't have put them there...

When she found out the theme for our wedding was Pink, Silver and Black and knew my dress was a shade of pink, she went and brought a pink outfit to wear... I got really upset at DH when he said she can wear what she wants!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When she found out the theme for our wedding was Pink, Silver and Black and knew my dress was a shade of pink, she went and brought a pink outfit to wear... I got really upset at DH when he said she can wear what she wants!
    Grr!! Why is it our dh's can't support us in these types of things??
    My MIL wore a white dress with cream cardi to our wedding. Dh just didn't understand the big deal. It's MY day goddammit!! Lol!
    I understand that's his mum but why can't he see she's not this awesome person he makes her out to be? We haven't seen her in over 2 months. She changed her number and didn't tell us ... he found out when he rang her at her work after not being able to reach her for over a week and being worried. What kind of mother does that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Grr!! Why is it our dh's can't support us in these types of things??
    My MIL wore a white dress with cream cardi to our wedding. Dh just didn't understand the big deal. It's MY day goddammit!! Lol!
    I understand that's his mum but why can't he see she's not this awesome person he makes her out to be? We haven't seen her in over 2 months. She changed her number and didn't tell us ... he found out when he rang her at her work after not being able to reach her for over a week and being worried. What kind of mother does that?
    Mine ended up getting a cream, taupe, beige pinstripe suit made.... She likes to best everyone its so frustrating!

OMG what did she say when your DH phoned her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine ended up getting a cream, taupe, beige pinstripe suit made.... She likes to best everyone its so frustrating!

OMG what did she say when your DH phoned her?
    Oh she's one of those! Ugh.

I don't know i didn't ask i was too frustrated. I did say what's her excuse, he didn't really answer me. I think he was a bit hurt. But that's what his parents do, they are totally selfish and think of no one but themselves. Wish he would realize that.
    Having our second baby next week, told him i don't want her visiting in the hospital. Last time with ds1 they wouldn't leave for hours, and i was on a feeding schedule for bub. The midwife came in 5 times to ask if I'd fed him yet. I think she could see the frustration in my face cos she not so subtly hinted they should leave. They then FINALLY said oh should we go? I felt like saying something rude and sarcastic but was quite timid then. I think they expected me to breastfeed in front of them. Um no thanks ewww I'm seriously uncomfortable getting my boobs out in front of them, especially FIL he's so creepy and innapropriate. 😒

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (17-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ARGHHHH sorry ladies need to have a rant.
    So MIL has just (2.5 months later) taken it upon herself to ring dh and ask "how things are going".
    I go into hospital tomorrow to be induced after a long stressful pregnancy.
    Blah blah he won't tell me much of the conversation except to tell me she said the reason she doesn't visit or ring is because of me. I make her feel uncomfortable and unwanted. Now I'm the first to admit i dislike the woman immensely, but I'm not obvious about it to her face. I play nice. And how would she even come to that conclusion when she ignores me when she's here anyway. So in those cases i keep myself busy, usually making dinner as the few times she does make an effort to visit it's late afternoon. She just wants to play with ds. She barely even makes conversation with dh. her other son has been back in town for over 2 months and she hasn't even bothered trying to see him either. Oh it's his wifes fault too. Is anyone else seeing a pattern? It's got nothing to do with the fact that FIL cut both sons out because he hates me and SIL as its our fault they don't see their sons enough. Because they expect their sons to visit them every single weekend. Yes, visit them, not them visit us because god forbid one of them has to remain sober to drive home. That's way too much of an
    inconvenience.
    I am absolutely livid. So now dh and i are quietly arguing (my mum and brother are here to watch ds1 while I'm in hospital having baby) because of course he goes along with what she says. I've had enough of his parents. They don't take responsibility for anything. It's always him having to ring her to see if she wants to see ds. But that's my fault. Right.
    I don't know if being hormonal is making it worse but i feel like i actually hate dh right now. Like i want to leave him. 😠😠😠

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

So MIL has just (2.5 months later) taken it upon herself to ring dh and ask "how things are going".
    Blah blah he won't tell me much of the conversation except to tell me she said the reason she doesn't visit or ring is because of me. I make her feel uncomfortable and unwanted. Now I'm the first to admit i dislike the woman immensely, but I'm not obvious about it to her face. I play nice. And how would she even come to that conclusion when she ignores me when she's here anyway. So in those cases i keep myself busy, usually making dinner as the few times she does make an effort to visit it's late afternoon. She just wants to play with ds. She barely even makes conversation with dh. her other son has been back in town for over 2 months and she hasn't even bothered trying to see him either. Oh it's his wifes fault too. Is anyone else seeing a pattern? It's got nothing to do with the fact that FIL cut both sons out because he hates me and SIL as its our fault they don't see their sons enough. Because they expect their sons to visit them every single weekend. Yes, visit them, not them visit us because god forbid one of them has to remain sober to drive home. That's way too much of an
    inconvenience.
    I am absolutely livid. So now dh and i are quietly arguing (my mum and brother are here to watch ds1 while I'm in hospital having baby) because of course he goes along with what she says. I've had enough of his parents. They don't take responsibility for anything. It's always him having to ring her to see if she wants to see ds. But that's my fault. Right.
    I don't know if being hormonal is making it worse but i feel like i actually hate dh right now. Like i want to leave him. 😠😠😠
    I hope you are feeling better after that rant!
    Hugs to you...sounds similar to my MIL, I have to chase her up to see dd... Yet it's all my fault she barely sees her.
    And good luck with tomorrow!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    inconvenience.
    Oh dear!! Stupid woman!

She shouldn't make your dh feel like he has to choose it's not fair!!

Good luck with induction!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    the reason she doesn't visit or ring is because of me. I make her feel uncomfortable and unwanted.
    A couple hoyrs after I gave birth to our DD my DF rang his mother and asked her if she was coming to visit. This is exactly what she said to him.
    Way to turn the day into something about yourself. 😒

One from a few months ago; DF proposed anD rang his mum a few hours later to tell her, her response "oh ok" then "well what do you want me to do? Jump up and down for joy?" then it was "oh well at least you dont have to waste your money on an expensive ring. Shes cheap"
    While being on loudspeaker