Closed Thread
Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not IL's but my grandpa... yesterday we went and looked at another house, asked him to come along because he knows a lot about building, can pick up any problems we cant etc. So I am inside talking to the RE agent with the kids. RE agent asks if we have 4 girls (yes), and if we are going to have any more (hell no). My grandpa pipes up "thats what she said before this one came along *pointing to dd4*, accidents happen!"

Im sorry, wtf did you just say?! 1) dd4 was planned, and 2) you never EVER say ANY of my kids are accidents, ESPECIALLY in front of ALL my kids!! So I calmly replied "I prefer pleasent surprise" and walked away. The. Actual. F**k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DH and I got engaged, MIL said "if you marry my son it will be a waste of money because it will end it divorce"........ she then turned up to the wedding in a cream dress. we asked her for copies of photos she took on the day as we know she took a few and I was cut out of them...

Apparently it's not me she's against it's marriage because her own didn't work out. Thankfully she lives overseas but she still causes a lot of stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bc1984 View Post
    When DH and I got engaged, MIL said "if you marry my son it will be a waste of money because it will end it divorce"........ she then turned up to the wedding in a cream dress. we asked her for copies of photos she took on the day as we know she took a few and I was cut out of them...

Apparently it's not me she's against it's marriage because her own didn't work out. Thankfully she lives overseas but she still causes a lot of stress.
    Wow 😦

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    when dh and i got engaged, mil said "if you marry my son it will be a waste of money because it will end it divorce"........ She then turned up to the wedding in a cream dress. We asked her for copies of photos she took on the day as we know she took a few and i was cut out of them...

wtf??? 😟

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My mil and fil currently aren't speaking to us- their prodigal son returned late last year- apparently clean from drugs and alcohol and with a pregnant girlfriend. So, when df took a stand against them earlier this year in regards to having his brother around his children, it didn't go down well. Suffice to say things are very strained.
    Sil is also having difficulties with them over the same issue, and was trying to work things out with mil on the phone one night. Sil pointed out it wasn't fair that that df has been written off for wanting to protect his family, but for the past 30 years has always done the right thing by his parents and has always done his best for them. To which mil turned around and said "don't you dare think he is an angel".
    So... In her eyes- the son who was a criminal, who stole from others and broke into houses- including those belonging to mil and fil's friends- who would be so high on drugs he would beat his sisters and brothers, who stole cars, who went missing for months on end and then would only show up when he wanted money- he is ok.
    But the son who tried drugs once or twice, who is in a 10 year committed relationship with three children, who has managed to claw his way back after a divorce that left him with nothing through hard work- he is the son that they talk badly about and refuse to speak to. Right. Perfectly logical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    My mil and fil currently aren't speaking to us- their prodigal son returned late last year- apparently clean from drugs and alcohol and with a pregnant girlfriend. So, when df took a stand against them earlier this year in regards to having his brother around his children, it didn't go down well. Suffice to say things are very strained.
    Sil is also having difficulties with them over the same issue, and was trying to work things out with mil on the phone one night. Sil pointed out it wasn't fair that that df has been written off for wanting to protect his family, but for the past 30 years has always done the right thing by his parents and has always done his best for them. To which mil turned around and said "don't you dare think he is an angel".
    So... In her eyes- the son who was a criminal, who stole from others and broke into houses- including those belonging to mil and fil's friends- who would be so high on drugs he would beat his sisters and brothers, who stole cars, who went missing for months on end and then would only show up when he wanted money- he is ok.
    But the son who tried drugs once or twice, who is in a 10 year committed relationship with three children, who has managed to claw his way back after a divorce that left him with nothing through hard work- he is the son that they talk badly about and refuse to speak to. Right. Perfectly logical.
    That's awful. Their loss. i wonder if they will see sense eventually, admit they were wrong and come crawling back?
    My in laws could try, I'd tell them right where to go. They wanted to burn bridges - no rebuilding as far as I'm concerned

7. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (13-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ugh my mil wore cream and white to my wedding. I was INFURIATED!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    That's awful. Their loss. i wonder if they will see sense eventually, admit they were wrong and come crawling back?
    My in laws could try, I'd tell them right where to go. They wanted to burn bridges - no rebuilding as far as I'm concerned
    No- FIL is too proud.
    MIL is too weak. All the friction in the family causes her ill health, but they also like to play on it. With the right mental health schedule she wouldn't be half as stressed as she is now, but she would rather have a heart attack because she would like to see DF and SIL go running to her side. And I know that is a horrible thing to say, but it is the honest, raw truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    No- FIL is too proud.
    MIL is too weak. All the friction in the family causes her ill health, but they also like to play on it. With the right mental health schedule she wouldn't be half as stressed as she is now, but she would rather have a heart attack because she would like to see DF and SIL go running to her side. And I know that is a horrible thing to say, but it is the honest, raw truth.
    Ah sounds like my in laws a bit there. Mil def plays the victim. Lately though she just doesn't even try. We haven't seen her for over 2 months, and she never told us she changed her phone number. But dh keeps trying. So frustrating.
    Sometimes the truth is unpleasant, it is what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id like to share My hubby hasn't been home since in 3 days, he has been renovating his mums place, Dd1 was upset cause she wanted to stay with her dad, Mil opens her big mouth and says "don't u like your mum she can't be that bad! Then told me a was a big scaredy cat as I was worried about driving home at 8pm at night and going into a empty house with three kids!