Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default SH!T my MIL says

Ha don't get me started 🙉 she's coming to stay for 2 weeks this week. I am soooooooo anxious!!!!

She tells me 2 weeks after giving birth how some young shapely waitress liked my DH when they popped out for a coffee. My reply was good luck to her. (Im not jealous of my DH try harder lady)

Oh you co sleep let me send you the statistics of how many babies have suffocated from co sleeping this year. My reply was no thank you please don't send it and please don't tell me how to raise my child. I will sleep with my baby if I want to and it's none of your business (has hated me since)

Oh the baby is crying... It must be your breastmilk
    Oh the baby threw up... It must be your breastmilk
    Oh the baby has a rash it must be your breastmilk
    Oh the baby farted it must be your breastmilk
    Yep way to encourage a new breastfeeding mum !!!!

I don't like your floors. I hate your oven. I don't like this house set up. Your dog smells. List goes on!!!!

Oh I can see you and my son are busy with the screaming newborn and are starving with no way of being able to fix something to eat so I'll just sit here and not offer to make you a sandwich as I'd rather sit on my ar$e and do nothing!

I'm hoping she's changed a little but who knows. She's coming to stay and I'm nervous. I have to add she's also quite racist which doesn't really work for me seeing as I have a very mixed background.

I could go on but I'm getting anxious as she ll be here in 2 days😵😵😵

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the worse my mil has come out with is when we told her we had been told we couldn't have more kids she just says 'oh well, at least we have dd'....... Gee thanks

When we were thinking of moving she rang my BIL saying we were taking dd away from her and how horrible we were being towards her. Time to cut the strings mil and get your own life!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL visited me the day I gave birth (had DS at 2am and she was there about 6pm).
    She was sitting next to me on the bed when she looked at me and said "are you sure there's not another one in there?!" Referring to my belly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post

Oh I can see you and my son are busy with the screaming newborn and are starving with no way of being able to fix something to eat so I'll just sit here and not offer to make you a sandwich as I'd rather sit on my ar$e and do nothing!

I'm hoping she's changed a little but who knows. She's coming to stay and I'm nervous. I have to add she's also quite racist which doesn't really work for me seeing as I have a very mixed background.
    This is my MIL also. DP felt guilty that she wasn't able to fly down and meet dd when she was born. So a week after we surprised her with flights down to stay for the weekend.
    When DP and MIL got home from the airport it was late. I was in bed BFing and half alseep. She barged into our bedroom and scooped up dd without hesitation. All the while I'm sitting half naked in bed and barley got a hello.
    She spent the rest of the weekend keeping to herself. Barely gave dd a cuddle or looked at her. Didn't want much to with her at all. I fixed her all her meals and coffees and was amazed how she could just sit there watching us struggle with a newborn and not offer to even wash a few dishes. One day she took the car and went out shopping all day. She never thanked us or even let on she appreciated the effort we went to for her to be here.

Another gem was when she came back visit and had a full blown tantrum at lunch because she invited herself over to our place for afternoon tea and I already had a close friends baby shower to go to. I said, sorry can't do this afternoon explaining why. Maybe we can meet after for dinner?. Nope. Tantrum ensued and accusations flying over why DP let me change him and why he doesn't love his mother anymore.
    Full on toddler Tanty. She stormed off and left her new bf sitting there all kinds of uncomfortable. It was so bizarre. She won in the end. I cancelled my plans so she could come over. Then when she arrives pretends everything is peachy and says 'see isn't this nice? Spending the afternoon together as a family?'
    Last edited by MadeWithLove; 26-11-2014 at 05:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When mil came to visit at the hospital one day after I had given birth she asks " oh why is your stomach still so big?".

When I was bf it was constantly "why don't you give her formula? Is she getting enough milk? And then how she gave her son (my dh) a bottle and he stopped crying and waking and slept through the night.

That I shouldn't eat things that were not cooked ie fruit, cucumber, tomato etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a mother of only boys, I am determined to not feature in one of these threads in 20ish years from now!

9. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-11-2014),Apple iPhart6  (02-12-2014),azelqra  (26-11-2014),beebs  (26-11-2014),BettyV  (26-11-2014),BettyW  (26-11-2014),btmacxxx  (27-11-2014),ChickyBee  (04-12-2014),Chillies  (26-11-2014),GM01  (26-11-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (14-12-2014),HeavenBlue  (26-11-2014),LaDiDah  (26-11-2014),littlelove  (26-11-2014),MordecaiAliVanAllenO'Shea  (18-04-2015),MrsTugs  (09-05-2016),Renn  (26-11-2014),Ruby_Tuesday15  (26-11-2014),snowqu33n  (26-11-2014),Starfish30  (26-11-2014),TheGooch  (26-11-2014),Whirligig  (26-11-2014)

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When my dads mum (not bio dad but raised me as such) passed away, MIL told my dp "she shouldnt be that sad, its not like she was her REAL grandma". Jeeeeeez!

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

Deleted
    Last edited by Chillies; 10-04-2015 at 22:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post

Oh the baby is crying... It must be your breastmilk
    Oh the baby threw up... It must be your breastmilk
    Oh the baby has a rash it must be your breastmilk
    Oh the baby farted it must be your breastmilk
    Yep way to encourage a new breastfeeding mum !!!!

Oh Loco I feel your pain. I get the same breastmilk speech. My favourite was the other day when Dd had a little chuck after a feed, mil to dd: "oh miss moo is mummy's milk bad? If I were you I'd go to a different milk bar."

Good luck with the impending visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post

Soon after I had given birth to my second child.
    XMIL - are you going to have a third child?
    Me - why are you asking?
    XMIL - well it wouldn't be fair to me if you did. It would be too expensive for me to buy christmas and birthday presents for anymore grandchildren.
    Hahahaha