Closed Thread
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Today while talking to MIL about her being so down lately she said "you not giving me grandchildren is one of the reasons I'm so depressed and suicidal"

I've got a thick skin but this has knocked me for 6.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Today while talking to MIL about her being so down lately she said "you not giving me grandchildren is one of the reasons I'm so depressed and suicidal"

Not just something you get from the shops! That's really selfish of her

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (13-05-2015),mummymaybe  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

OH MY GOSH! That is a terrible thing to say. What a guilt ridden victim loaded statement. You have every right to be cranky!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (13-05-2015),mummymaybe  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default SH!T my MIL says

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    I'll start by saying mil isn't always bad, she's kind hearted and goes too far with some things. But when it comes to my ds we butt heads continually as our parenting methods are different.

But one thing that really hurt was when ds was born. When I went to the hospital to be induced we told her we'd call her when he was born and we were ready for visitors. Well she was at the hospital within 2 hours. I was obviously still in labour. Things went downhill with my labour and I was taken for a c section and it ended up being under general.

Well mil and bil both saw my ds while I was still under. Mil took photos of ds and dh together, this wasn't so bad, what really upset me was she then sent those photos to everyone. I hadn't even seen or held my ds yet!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Omg that's so awful!!! ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    BIL and his awful wife gave everyone xmas cards one year with a 3d scan pic glued onto the front cover. it was like some kind of macabre joke. literally nobody knew what to do with it. I threw it out in the end, but I didn't tell them about it. God your poor thing, your mil sounds like a right piece of work!!
    Omg I did that this Christmas... We'd had a miscarriage earlier last year so when we got pregnant again it was really special to us and I printed out this great, really clear 3D pic of bubs face that looks just like a photo and put it inside DH's parents and my parents Xmas cards. I'm horrified that you think it's so awful :O

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (09-05-2015),Mama Mirabelle  (08-05-2015),SAgirl  (08-05-2015),VicPark  (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Omg I did that this Christmas... We'd had a miscarriage earlier last year so when we got pregnant again it was really special to us and I printed out this great, really clear 3D pic of bubs face that looks just like a photo and put it inside DH's parents and my parents Xmas cards. I'm horrified that you think it's so awful :O
    Don't worry, different situation, family & person... I'm sure your loved ones appreciated the sentiment behind yours XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad had open heart surgery on Wednesday, he lives alone in qld and I'm in nsw (only child etc)

In the lead up to the surgery, I was telling mil my plan to come up and look after my dad etc and she told me I don't have to come up for the surgery because the hospital will look after him.

I thought that was so insensitive and rude! Especially because between her and FIL we have been by their side for 5 surgeries the past 6 or so years, and then she goes and says that no one needs to be with MY dad. 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Don't worry, different situation, family & person... I'm sure your loved ones appreciated the sentiment behind yours XX
    It really was a good picture. Sometimes the 3D scans are super creepy looking but this was cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Don't worry I think there's something (perhaps a little grudge) going on with the other poster. I think the majority of people think it's a lovely idea - totally gobsmacked someone would have a problem with it to be honest.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

That is just such a horrid, disgusting thing to say!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (10-05-2015)