Closed Thread
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @yadot you should have said it was broken and let her go home with soaking wet clothes!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (27-04-2015),monkeymama  (27-04-2015),yadot  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @AdornedWithCats I'm actually kicking myself that I didn't do that!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Currently living with her and slowly going insane. My clothes get repegged cause I don't do it right, I'm told what my baby should and shouldn't eat how she should eat it, her bottles and dummies are all re sterilized as I don't do it right and keep telling her not to we don't sterilize her bottles she is big enough not to and im told from my time period I was taught to so we'll have to disagree on that grrrrr I kept her alive 10 months with no help from them or her son really and need none now. Constantly asked when will wean as 10 months was a good time when she did and dd is 1 just I have no plans to. She is severely intolerant to dairy to the point I have some and she is sick later and I get to hear mil speak to dd telling her im such a mean mummy cause she wants custard or ice cream and a nice mummy would give to her grrr I keep saying no it will have a bad consequences meaning im up all night to vomiting diarrhea and wind pain but apparently the more dairy you have all intolerances will go as dh's did. Wth mil im a nurse and no thats not how intolerances work if so id not still be on soy 95% of the time and have almost my whole life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ask this as respectfully as possible, those who love with their MIL's... Why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC7 View Post
    She's not really crazy haha and if she is I don't know about it, although compared to my partners exs I am a walk in the park, her and I are actually freakishly similar and hate to upset people so even if we have uncharitable thoughts we keep them to ourselves, so neither of us would be any the wiser if we had upset the other haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder the same thing. If it's so bad... Move out? I don't think I could live with my mil with or without kids.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmummahen For This Useful Post:

TTC7  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a love hate with me haha
    She's always been there when we need her even if she does drive me nuts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

TTC7  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh wanted to save money between building and rent and was meant to be 2 months only, I was consulted I said no and yet there we are I hate it. They are lovely people but dd is the girl mil always wanted so acts if she is hers and is way too protective of my child. Fil is dying so for dh I understand he wants to spend time with fil as bils should be visiting while fil is withit but won't unless harassed by us. Will be fine when in our house, she is very helpful in other ways and means well but I'm over it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

TTC7  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I appreciate you sharing.
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Background: MIL loves to spoil the kids, fair enough she only sees them once a fortnight. But her 'spoling' involves sugar laden crap. Again, only once a week so we are ok with it as long as she stops when we say, which she usually does.
    Now, we have a rule (and always have) that if the kids don't eat a meal, they don't get treats. So if they don't eat lunch, no treats for the day. No dinner? No dessert.

Anyway, DSD didn't eat lunch or dinner on Sat. So we told her no treats at MILs on Sun. She agreed.
    We went and explained to MIL (plus other stuff that DSD had done over the weekend and other consequences). MIL wasn't happy but said it was fair.
    Fast forward, DSD doesn't finish her lunch, and whines that she wants dessert/a treat/something else. We remind her.
    MIL decides actually we are being unfair. And cuts up some fruit as dessert for DSD. We say ok, but don't call is dessert because she cant have dessert. MIL insists, so we take it away. We explain again. DSD can have fruit, but not dessert. Please call it fruit. (We're trying to instill "mean what you say" as part of ongoing psych stuff).
    She calls it fruit all good DSD sits down. Then MIL starts adding cream, sugar, choc to it... I take it away. MIL hits the roof. DSD gets upset (she just wanted plain fruit, she gets it). I give DSD plain fruit, she's happy,
    MIL goes to DH and starts ranting that I am treating DSD badly, not letting her eat, she's hungry, can't even have fruit etc etc. DH sides with MIL and comes out... there's yelling and I walk away. As I do, I hear DSD say, "DT75 gave me fruit daddy. Grandma was trying to give me treats and I didn't want it, just fruit. Why are you yelling at DT75, she didn't do anything?"
    DH comes out to try and apologise, but I am having none of it. I tell him he completely overreacted and I don't want to speak to him for 24 hours. He agrees.
    We go in, DSD has finished her fruit, MIL says, "oh good girl. Do you want some cake? Chocolate? Chips?"
    I give MIL a look, she huffs and walks away, DSD smiles at me.
    We leave soon after.

This is a rare occurence, but it is always similar. DH always sides with his mum. It's her house, her rules etc. Fine but she agreed to it! grrrr