Closed Thread
Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    MIL today commented on my weight today (I've lost a bit) by saying "wow what's your secret" I responded that there's no secret, just a lot of hard work and dedication including healthy food and exercise. She replied "yes your jeans are looking loose at the back, it was either that, or I thought you might've bought a pair that were two sizes too big to make it look like you've lost weight when you hadn't".

W.T.A.F.?
    This would be funny if it wasn't so insulting! Sheesh!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-04-2015),MsViking  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL today commented on my weight (I've lost a bit) by saying "wow what's your secret" I responded that there's no secret, just a lot of hard work and dedication including healthy food and exercise. She replied "yes your jeans are looking loose at the back, it was either that, or I thought you might've bought a pair that were two sizes too big to make it look like you've lost weight when you hadn't".

W.T.A.F.?
    You know what you now have to do for the next family get together 😛

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL today commented on my weight (I've lost a bit) by saying "wow what's your secret" I responded that there's no secret, just a lot of hard work and dedication including healthy food and exercise. She replied "yes your jeans are looking loose at the back, it was either that, or I thought you might've bought a pair that were two sizes too big to make it look like you've lost weight when you hadn't".

W.T.A.F.?
    Maybe you should buy her a pair of jeans 2 sizes too big for Mother's Day? That way she can feel like she has lost weight as well - since that's all it apparently takes 😑

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (27-04-2015),Frankenmum  (27-04-2015),Mod-Zeddie  (27-04-2015),MsViking  (28-04-2015),poisonapple  (27-04-2015),waterlily  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a great one that happened today.

Way back in December of last year all the family had a get together for new years I think it was a couple of days before new years eve, was a bbq. My 3 kids were being ferals and bear in mind it's school holidays so they were getting bored and the days seemed endless, I'm sure most of you ladies can relate?

Anyway I went outside just to get a breather and alone time, my SIL came out to see what was wrong I unloaded on her and told her the kids were driving me nuts and I was a bit tired and was happy to get a few minuites alone time. We go back inside all is done and back to normal after a few tears.

Fast forward till now. My SIL is talking to my MIL without me present, my MIL asks what went on that afternoon why I disappeared. So my SIL tells her I was upset the kids were annoying me and I wanted a few minutes breather.

My MIL goes and tells my DH this morning that 'I hate my kids' apparently especially one of them more. So I hate my DD. It's ridiculous and not true. She had taken from that conversation and interpreted that I'd said I hate the kids.

My MIL has told everyone I hate my kids and can't cope, just from that conversation one hectic afternoon with my SIL.

What makes it worse is my DH went back over to my MIL's house and she got cranky at him for telling me what she said.

Very silly woman. Luckily my DH saw through it and knew I wouldn't say anything like that in the first place. I think she was sh!t stirring. And to think I thought she was actually ok as I hadn't heard anything of her for a while.

I hope that's readable and can understand it? I needed to vent it so this is great.

So now my DH thinks I hate the kids, although he knows I don't really but the rest of the family do! Great one MIL you bloody idiot!!!
    Last edited by zoz; 27-04-2015 at 16:53.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-04-2015),NurseAnni  (27-04-2015),VicPark  (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I have a great one that happened today.

Way back in December of last year all the family had a get together for new years I think it was a couple of days before new years eve, was a bbq. My 3 kids were being ferals and bear in mind it's school holidays so they were getting bored and the days seemed endless, I'm sure most of you ladies can relate?

Anyway I went outside just to get a breather and alone time, my SIL came out to see what was wrong I unloaded on her and told her the kids were driving me nuts and I was a bit tired and was happy to get a few minuites alone time. We go back inside all is done and back to normal after a few tears.

Fast forward till now. My SIL is talking to my MIL without me present, my MIL asks what went on that afternoon why I disappeared. So my SIL tells her I was upset the kids were annoying me and I wanted a few minutes breather.

My MIL goes and tells my DH this morning that 'I hate my kids' apparently especially one of them more. So I hate my DD. It's ridiculous and not true. She had taken from that conversation and interpreted that I'd said I hate the kids.

My MIL has told everyone I hate my kids and can't cope, just from that conversation one hectic afternoon with my SIL.

What makes it worse is my DH went back over to my MIL's house and she got cranky at him for telling me what she said.

Very silly woman. Luckily my DH saw through it and knew I wouldn't say anything like that in the first place. I think she was sh!t stirring. And to think I thought she was actually ok as I hadn't heard anything of her for a while.

I hope that's readable and can understand it? I needed to vent it so this is great.

So now my DH thinks I hate the kids, although he knows I don't really but the rest of the family do! Great one MIL you bloody idiot!!!
    Oh that's horrible! What a meddling cow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

zoz  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    zoz - that is so mean! We all have days where our kids are getting to us or we need a bit of alone time. It certainly doesn't mean you hate your kids!! And I can believe how petty she is to tell everyone. I am so pleased for you that your DH doesn't believe her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

zoz  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooohhh i can so relate to this thread!! Although its almost 4yrs since we have seen her...and 3.5since cutting contact... she used to say lots of stupid $h!t.

- when your child is born get his ears checked. df has a hole in his ear and his other kids have it. its genetic

-she rescued df from foster care at 18

- she has paid off a judge (on her clink money)

- if we were to have taken custody of dfs youngest (at the time...before we had kids) we wouldn't get help or money from clink and no help with childcare fees (lol... i worked in childcare. i know we wouldve got ftb and ccb)

- fil has bikie connections. they once made a man who was inappropriate to his daughter dissapear in the outback

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mil is always telling dp stuff about me but with 'don't tell Anni' at the start of the story. Of course he tells me. Its things like she thought I was too loud and embarrassing at the shops, or I looked ridiculous in a certain outfit. Niggly sh!t from too far back to defend myself. Gets on my nerves so bad

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NurseAnni For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseAnni View Post
    Mil is always telling dp stuff about me but with 'don't tell Anni' at the start of the story. Of course he tells me. Its things like she thought I was too loud and embarrassing at the shops, or I looked ridiculous in a certain outfit. Niggly sh!t from too far back to defend myself. Gets on my nerves so bad
    My MIL does this also.

'Bla blah blah bla bla. But don't tell Cicho!' Hilarious.

She wants to know everything that goes on in our marriage, our finances, even DH and I's marriage, yet she does something bat sh!t boring and tells my DH don't tell me?

Like i care! Silly old woman MIL is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by yadot; 28-04-2015 at 02:46.