Closed Thread
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol so glad my mil doesn't have facebook! I'd block her anyway then maybe she'd get the message through her thick head 😑

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default SH!T my MIL says

Quote Originally Posted by ssehl View Post
    Wouldn't it be just so nice to tell her to eff off? I have regular fantasies about telling mil to eff off out of our lives forever, this is my family, my child and my husband. You had your shot at raising kids, it's my turn now, so back the eff off! Rarrrrr!
    So envy my bil and his wife for moving away and not having to deal with them. Wish we could do the same.
    I've definitely had this fantasy! I've got to say though the moving away plan can backfire. We live interstate from the in laws and now they come visit and want to stay in my house! They never tell us how long they're staying either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me: "I get the feeling x in the family doesn't like me very much"
    Mil: "well your not the easiest person to get along with"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL comes over to visit 4 mth old DS - her 7th grandchild, fortunately this time she was healthy, last few visits she's had colds, cold sores etc, she's pretty complacent about whether he gets sick - meanwhile I lose my tiny mind each time she does it, anyway, I digress ... She's holding him and says 'You realise he's got brown eyes?'. You don't say!

FFS, next she'll be making sure I know he's a boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't it be just so nice to tell her to eff off? I have regular fantasies about telling mil to eff off out of our lives forever, this is my family, my child and my husband. You had your shot at raising kids, it's my turn now, so back the eff off! Rarrrrr!
    So envy my bil and his wife for moving away and not having to deal with them. Wish we could do the same.
    😂😂

God I think we all feel like this underneath. my mil is ok. she has these temporary spazz outs where she'll just go into a stupid fizz and start making wild and untrue accusations. then she'll pull her head in and apologise. like wtf.

dh had a word to her last time it happened (not harsh as I would've liked him to have been lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I've definitely had this fantasy! I've got to say though the moving away plan can backfire. We live interstate from the in laws and now they come visit and want to stay in my house! They never tell us how long they're staying either.
    Ah not my in laws. Fil doesn't speak to us or my hubby's brother. He blames my bil's wife and i for taking his son's away from him. We never did anything wrong, he's just a stubborn a$$ with no friends and no life. He stopped speaking to dh and i july last year because we weren't visiting them every week. mil makes little effort so as to not anger fil (he has been abusive in the past to her and his sons). But when we do see her it's like no one exists but her and my son. My goodness i could go on and on!
    Bil and sil came to visit us in november, mil came to catch up with them at our place. She barely even acknowledged them, to busy playing with our son. I felt terrible for them. When they came to visit in march they didn't even bother trying to catch up with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    MIL comes over to visit 4 mth old DS - her 7th grandchild, fortunately this time she was healthy, last few visits she's had colds, cold sores etc, she's pretty complacent about whether he gets sick - meanwhile I lose my tiny mind each time she does it, anyway, I digress ... She's holding him and says 'You realise he's got brown eyes?'. You don't say!

FFS, next she'll be making sure I know he's a boy.
    This makes me angry. My mil has done the same in the past, including exposing him to chickenpox when he was only 10 weeks old, because she just HAD to have cuddles, and waited til my back was turned. Just plain selfish. Grr!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssehl For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (25-04-2015),Vixjc  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This makes me angry. My mil has done the same in the past, including exposing him to chickenpox when he was only 10 weeks old, because she just HAD to have cuddles, and waited til my back was turned. Just plain selfish. Grr!
    What is wrong with these selfish people?! Total pet hate of mine-even worse coming from MIL!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post
    Me: "I get the feeling x in the family doesn't like me very much"
    Mil: "well your not the easiest person to get along with"
    Uh. What?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me: I think DS is going to be tall like me.

MIL: "yes well atleast that's one good thing to come from your side"

Another time

MIL (smirking): Just to let you know that SIL ripped up the ultrasound picture you gave us of DD

Me: why would she do that?

MIL: (annoyed tone) because you never wanted this baby and she's been trying for 3 months!

Erm, not planned and not wanted are VERY different things.

I could go on and on...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-04-2015),Chillies  (25-04-2015),Olive Oil  (26-04-2015)