Closed Thread
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My MIL is the opposite to most in this thread that are overbearing and domineering. She frankly couldn't give a stuff about us, which really upsets me and despite DH making out he doesn't care I know he does.

DH was recently in hospital and she popped in for literally 10 mins (while he wasn't on deaths door he was quite ill). Her response after 10 mins?

MIL: I have to go now, I have the dogs in the car.
    She cares about those stupid dogs more than she does about us. LEAVE THE FREAKING DOGS AT HOME AND SPEND TIME WITH YOUR SICK SON

She drops in maybe every 3 months or so (she lives 5 mins from us) and every.single. time it's just a drop off for something for the kids with...
    MIL - Just dropping this in. My babies are in the car and I need to get dinner on (it's 2pm).

DH used to take the kids around to visit once a week, but after months of effort with nothing in return he grew tired of it and stopped. He takes the kids around after a break.

MIL - gee, I never see the kids or you anymore, you never come around now.
    Urrmm you can visit us you know???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    MIL: I'll take ds f or a walk (ds is 2.5 weeks old)
    ME: He will want a feed in an hour so don't be too long.
    MIL: Ok, won't be long. Can you carry the pram down the stairs? (2 levels)
    ME: No, I can't lift anything (csec). There is a pram in the garage
    MIL: I don't like that one
    ME: I'm not carrying this one
    MIL: It can't be that heavy. Ill just put him in and push it down the stairs.
    ME: Ummm, no you won't

Same event but 4 hours later and I was beside myself.
    ME: Where have you been? I tried calling. He's starving. His feed was due 3 hours ago!
    MIL: He's fine. Just a few tears.{He was sobbing]. Thought you would appreciate the break. Seems not. You're a bit het up. Calm down. He's fine. I AM a nurse so I should know.

Later: MIL to FOB: 'Anxious mother. You better watch her. It's likely she'll get PND
    [This is the woman who had no issue with leaving her son at 6 weeks old with an 18 yo babysitter for 2 weeks whilst she had a holiday].
    4 HOURS!!! WTF! I would have been absolutely beside myself in tears and completely freaking out. Unbelievable!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (27-11-2014),MsViking  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    My MIL is the opposite to most in this thread that are overbearing and domineering. She frankly couldn't give a stuff about us, which really upsets me and despite DH making out he doesn't care I know he does.

DH was recently in hospital and she popped in for literally 10 mins (while he wasn't on deaths door he was quite ill). Her response after 10 mins?

MIL: I have to go now, I have the dogs in the car.
    She cares about those stupid dogs more than she does about us. LEAVE THE FREAKING DOGS AT HOME AND SPEND TIME WITH YOUR SICK SON

She drops in maybe every 3 months or so (she lives 5 mins from us) and every.single. time it's just a drop off for something for the kids with...
    MIL - Just dropping this in. My babies are in the car and I need to get dinner on (it's 2pm).

DH used to take the kids around to visit once a week, but after months of effort with nothing in return he grew tired of it and stopped. He takes the kids around after a break.

MIL - gee, I never see the kids or you anymore, you never come around now.
    Urrmm you can visit us you know???
    This is my mum. She lives in the UK but she has never responded to any of my msgs to FaceTime etc (we speak to the inlaws over FT every weekend). She hasn't seen or spoken to DD since we visited them last xmas. Tbh it doesn't really bother me cause she's pretty narcissistic and I don't pander to it so I'm not one of the favourites.

My dad also lives about 20 mins away and he hasn't seen or spoken to us for about 3 months now.

I just don't bother with them anymore lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh man some of these stories!!!

When DD was in NICU and full of tubes and monitoring, MIL turned up for a visit with her camera.

DH to MIL: We'd appreciate if it you didn't take any pictures, please; <me> is quite selective about what goes out and to who.

MIL: I don't care what SHE thinks, she's your child too, I'm going to take them anyway.

During this subsequent pregnancy (with the background history that I very nearly died during my complication with DD).

MIL: So are you going to have a third?
    Me: No, we like the thought of three children but couldn't go through pregnancy again, we only went back this time as we didn't want an only child.
    MIL: Oh I remember being big and uncomfortable too when I was pregnant!! But it doesn't last long.

Seriously that's where her mind went in relation to me not wanting to be pregnant again.. And thanks, I didn't think I was that big!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently in hospital dealing with a liver issue that may cause our baby to be born early. The hubby and ds went to a christening on the weekend and updated his family there (I was admitted on that day - not much going on, so I sent them to the christening instead of hanging around with me for no good reason!) anyway, my SIL (mum of the two girls getting christened) walks into the church and our MIL bustles up to her and asks if she knew I'd been admitted. SIL said yes cause I had texted her. MIL says oh, ok then and bustles off. No mention of her granddaughters' christening or a hello or anything!

Then at the lunch after, MIL bailed up hubby to get the goss and before he'd finished explaining what was going on, she'd lost interest and wandered off!

She loves drama and is all friendly and helpful when there's something going on, but other times, she has no interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL is not too bad, but does some stupid stuff. When DS1 was born I was having trouble bf'ing him so was expressing, she burst in and started taking photo's of me. Then says " I'd be mortified if my MIL was taking photos of me like that" - and you don't think I was mortified !?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed with MIL a few weeks back for a quick stop over and she totally monopolised our time. We spent the whole afternoon with her as well as dinner. I wanted to go out for breakfast with DH before he flew back to work, but she wasn't having a bar of it and had a hissy fit about it. If that wasn't bad enough she threw in 'I need to make sure you at least have a couple of decent home cooked meals before going back to work'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mil "you could put some honey on his dummy so he keeps the dummy in his mouth"

Me "no thanks I don't want to risk the botulism"

Mil "you're letting his put that spoon in his mouth, I'm sure that has botulism too!"

Me

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-11-2014),Beach bubba  (26-11-2014),HeavenBlue  (26-11-2014),Renn  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My exMIL was upset when I got pregnant bcoz I was so young. We were struggling financially so occasionally asked for help with bills etc but she always said no. When we took DS to visit she would stuff $50 bills down the side of his car seat like a reward for visiting or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Just one example of a typical conversation with my MIL...

MIL is cuddling DD.
    Me: OK, DD, it's time for lunch
    MIL: no not yet. She doesn't want lunch.

Repeat for all mealtimes, bbedtimes etc. MIL will tell people what a perfect toddler DD is, but then also have a go at me for being 'too hung up on her routine, you should just let her have fun'. Doesn't seem to realise that perhaps being consistent and making sure DD isn't hungry or overtired is probably related to her (generally) good behaviour!
    Oh this is my MIL! She is generally very good but HATES routine. But what she doesn't get is that the pleasant baby that sleeps so well and is usually very happy is due to her routine! . She never followed it when she babysat so we always got left with a tired, cranky baby