Closed Thread
Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was dd's birthday during week. We had her birthday with my parents tonight. When arriving home (we are staying with mil atm) she complained dd recoeved too many gifts.

My mum gave her a peppa pig back pack and textas. My brother gave jumper and pants and dad a balance bike (separated) so I don't think so. She said what will she get when she's older etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    It's not something MIL said it's something she did.

For Xmas our kids got snowman meringues from the bakery. SIL's kids got a swing set!
    That's terrible. Can you/dh call her out on it? I'm going to have to start speaking up when my mil does it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    It was dd's birthday during week. We had her birthday with my parents tonight. When arriving home (we are staying with mil atm) she complained dd recoeved too many gifts.

My mum gave her a peppa pig back pack and textas. My brother gave jumper and pants and dad a balance bike (separated) so I don't think so. She said what will she get when she's older etc
    Seriously? Sounds like she's jealous.
    My mil went totally over the top for ds birthday a couple of weeks ago. We live in a townhouse and have minimal space as it is and she bought all sorts of cheap and nasty crap, not any of the stuff we suggested that ds is actually into at the moment. Don't bother asking us what ds wants for his birthday if you're not even going to listen, we don't want him spoilt with excessive stuff, he's only just turned 2 ffs. She's ignorant and disrespectful like that, always has been. As soon as i had our son i became invisible - she got a grandchild out of me, i served my purpose 😒
    At least my parents listen to me and respect our wishes.

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had the baby yet. 2 weeks to go. And mil is already asking me when am I going back to work. Wtf??
    Also "apparently" she's sick from the whopping cough vaccination. (Women the virus is dead that they put in you) she use to be a nurse she should know better.

God this scares me, she'll be looking after my baby one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't it be just so nice to tell her to eff off? I have regular fantasies about telling mil to eff off out of our lives forever, this is my family, my child and my husband. You had your shot at raising kids, it's my turn now, so back the eff off! Rarrrrr!
    So envy my bil and his wife for moving away and not having to deal with them. Wish we could do the same.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssehl For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (22-04-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-04-2015),Lissymama  (21-04-2015),NurseAnni  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default SH!T my MIL says

Last edited by Chillies; 04-05-2015 at 03:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    So after numerous attempts to broach the subject of starting ds on cows milk over the past weeks, they have all ended in a rant from her about the quality of milk now days and how dairy is no good for us. (MIL is a health nut that is anti dairy and anti gluten; not because she is allergic, she just believes they cause most major health issues)

She then messaged me yesterday that SHE has been researching and has read that ds should be drinking cows milk now (really, SHE found this out from HER research) and feels that although it is not a good food, ds should be having it and it seems to be ok because through HER research she has concluded that the consensus from nutritionists and medical experts is that it's ok and its what he should be having.

I told her that it's what I've been trying to tell her.

Her response?

"When?"

*cue rage* 😤😡

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    That's terrible. Can you/dh call her out on it? I'm going to have to start speaking up when my mil does it
    No there's no point calling her out on it, we know exactly what she'd say ' well your kids already have a swing set.' Not the point lady.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

Last edited by Chillies; 04-05-2015 at 03:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Mine does the same, it almost feels like stalking!
    Glad I'm not the only one :/