Closed Thread
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by MummbearPapabearNCubs View Post
    I like my mil but there are times she can kind of overtake things. I don't think she means it. She's only trying to help. Like for example she went out and sent invitations to people (dp's family) about my son's upcoming 1st birthday without saying anything. I wanted to get special invitations done with photos of my son. They were people I would have invited anyway so I didn't say anything but yeah...she can be a bit of a control feral at times. We get along though.
    Wow I would have been so annoyed! You're a better woman than me, I think I definitely would've had to say something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    MIL came round the other day and gave the kids tshirt for easter. They change colour or something and she gave me a little thing with washing instructions on them, and told me that you can't iron them. I laughed and said 'I don't iron' . She then said 'oh I know YOU don't iron, but I do' in a very condescending tone. Oh yeah, make me feel like a bad wife and mother cos I don't waste my time ironing clothes! Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh i love this thread!!
    My mil is a total nightmare (as is fil). So many but will just share a couple.

When ds was 10 weeks old we were at dh's soccer game. She says "i can't hold him, I've been exposed to chicken pox at work and don't want to risk infecting him". Fair enough, i didn't want my 10 week old getting chicken pox anyway. 5 mins later i turn around to see she's taken him off one of my friends and is all in his face and holding him close etc. Infuriated doesn't even cover how i felt. Not to mention she smokes and ALWAYS drinking alcohol. My poor son having to breathethat combo in while she was all in his face.

And when it came up we were formula feeding due to attachment issues, tongue tie, poor supply. Fil goes on and on about how i should be breastfeeding, formula is rubbish, I didn't try hard enough, blah blah. Mil adds "well I (big emphasis on I) breastfed my 2 boys for over a year". Who effing cares what you did. You didn't have a job til your boys were in high school, and have no idea about our situation.

Seriously they are the most annoying people in the world.
    We have not spoken to fil since july last year, he chucked a wobbly because we weren't over there visiting every weekend. Excuse us for having our own lives. We both work full time and need ourtime together too. And mil doesn't make much of an effort since the blow up with fil, but that suits me fine as i hate seeing her anyway.
    They are so immature and self centred.

Sorryyyyy rant over! Lol!

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a couple just from one visit to the in laws yesterday.

Mil suggested DH to clean the cut he recieved yesterday at their house with metho. Yes metho.
    I then said metho is a bit strong maybe betadine or detol would be better. She then went on saying that it's exactly the same as alcohol and it's what she uses all the time in hand washes. It's the same as alcohol wipes. (She use to be a nurse) ?!?!?

I said I'll never use metho on my child. And said do you see metho in the medicinal section of the supermarket???
    I kind of then found a link and emailed it to her showing that metho on skin turns into formaldehyde. And it's very poisonous.
    Hope she gets the picture.

The other stupid situation was they have had their hot water system turned up to basically scolding. Wtf?? She's about to have her first grand child and she's setting up basically bookie traps everywhere in the house??

Is it too harsh to say my child can never visit their grandparents at their house EVER!!!

Oh yeah she chux the kitty litter in the garden. Mmmm.... The smell of ammonia is great! So yeah bubs won't be playing in the garden either!!!

Had to rant it is doing my head in!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

ssehl  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha shell80 I'm thesame in regards to my son not going to my in laws place. My decision is based on them being alcoholic pot addicts tho. Plus mil smokes. The one time they baby sat for while dh and i were at a wedding, my son (4 months at the time) smelled like an ashtray when we picked him up. I had to wake him up and change him when we got home, couldn't let him stay in those clothes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ssehl For This Useful Post:

shell'80  (07-04-2015)

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha..
    What is wrong with these people??
    Glad I have this place to vent though 😜

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (09-04-2015),ssehl  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default SH!T my MIL says

If she claims DS' blue eyes are brown 'just like his father's,' one more time, my head may explode.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 08-04-2015 at 23:00.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (09-04-2015),Chillies  (08-04-2015),DT75  (08-04-2015),shell'80  (08-04-2015),ssehl  (08-04-2015),Teenz  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know right this place has been a sanity saver!! For so many different things!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ssehl For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL apparently told my dad "I don't want my son getting a vasectomy because the relationship with her (me, his wife of 5 years) won't last and then he can have more kids with the next woman he meets".

Whatever lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    MIL apparently told my dad "I don't want my son getting a vasectomy because the relationship with her (me, his wife of 5 years) won't last and then he can have more kids with the next woman he meets".

Whatever lady!
    😳 what the hell.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (09-04-2015)