Closed Thread
Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1001
  1. #371
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ...
    Last edited by Full House; 14-01-2015 at 06:44.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

    littlelove  (13-01-2015)

  3. #372
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    So a new one for me... MIL & SIL's have told DH that I have been incredibly rude & offensive towards them, and "act like I'm too good for them"...how? Because I'm 'too polite and quiet'. Yup, I sh!t you not! I'm sorry, but I was raised to be polite and use my manners, and am quiet by nature, didn't realise that was so wrong

    I guess next time I go there I'll have to be loud and obnoxious
    This sounds like my life! Except that both SIL & MIL haven't said anything about me to DP that I'm aware of but DP says the exact same things to me when we argue, just because you have grown up with obnoxious people your whole life doesn't mean that "I act like I am better than you". Apart from the fact that DP and SIL think MIL having no filter & not thinking before she speaks is funny 😒😒😒 ..no, it hurts peoples feelings.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lissymama For This Useful Post:

    BluePixie  (17-09-2015),littlelove  (14-01-2015)

  5. #373
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked
    299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My MIL proceeded to stick her fingers in DDs mouth just last night TWICE not only has she been sick but she licked her own fingers, dunked them in sauce before putting them in her mouth. DD is 11 wks she shouldnt be having seafood sauce that has had frigging prawns dragged through it for one and two even if it were okay you do not use your dirty grotty fingers that have been peeling prawns, touching utensils in a all you can eat restaurant and licked IN HER MOUTH. Her comment "oh but i washed my hands before i started eating"

  6. #374
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    4,294
    Thanked
    1,806
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh that's disgusting!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

    MummaCat  (14-01-2015),Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

  8. #375
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,048
    Thanks
    3,333
    Thanked
    1,929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My germaphobe sirens just went off. That is revolting! I would have probably lost it!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

    MummaCat  (14-01-2015)

  10. #376
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,478
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    755
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissymama View Post
    This sounds like my life! Except that both SIL & MIL haven't said anything about me to DP that I'm aware of but DP says the exact same things to me when we argue, just because you have grown up with obnoxious people your whole life doesn't mean that "I act like I am better than you". Apart from the fact that DP and SIL think MIL having no filter & not thinking before she speaks is funny 😒😒😒 ..no, it hurts peoples feelings.
    My MIL gets away with shocking comments all the time because she has no filter. Dh and his siblings brush it off because it's just the way she is. I don't think it's okay she's being hurtful and cruel

  11. #377
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked
    299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    My germaphobe sirens just went off. That is revolting! I would have probably lost it!
    I did lose it. I saw red. I was shaking i was so angry. Still am. Everyone at the table said something to her.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

    Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

  13. #378
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,048
    Thanks
    3,333
    Thanked
    1,929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    I did lose it. I saw red. I was shaking i was so angry. Still am. Everyone at the table said something to her.
    I'm glad you didn't have to argue that point alone, at least you had support there! I can't believe how careless people can be with little ones. I would be super p!ssed too.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

    Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

  15. #379
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanks
    915
    Thanked
    664
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    My MIL proceeded to stick her fingers in DDs mouth just last night TWICE not only has she been sick but she licked her own fingers, dunked them in sauce before putting them in her mouth. DD is 11 wks she shouldnt be having seafood sauce that has had frigging prawns dragged through it for one and two even if it were okay you do not use your dirty grotty fingers that have been peeling prawns, touching utensils in a all you can eat restaurant and licked IN HER MOUTH. Her comment "oh but i washed my hands before i started eating"

    That is so gross, and so wrong!!! All of the bacteria she exposed your tiny DD to! I would have been so furious

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

    Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

  17. #380
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked
    299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Precisely the reason why she will never be allowed to babysit without my FIL there.

    Heres another one; she insisted on using a car seat she had at her place. It was covered in mould, the plastic shell was broken and brittle and its over 8 years old. No flipping way!!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Ro and Co
Ro and Co kids cooking classes and parties are a fantastic way for children to experiment with food. The classes and parties are designed to be both educational and fun, giving your child the skills they need to be confident and creative in the kitchen.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!