Closed Thread
Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by Full House; 14-01-2015 at 06:44.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    So a new one for me... MIL & SIL's have told DH that I have been incredibly rude & offensive towards them, and "act like I'm too good for them"...how? Because I'm 'too polite and quiet'. Yup, I sh!t you not! I'm sorry, but I was raised to be polite and use my manners, and am quiet by nature, didn't realise that was so wrong

I guess next time I go there I'll have to be loud and obnoxious
    This sounds like my life! Except that both SIL & MIL haven't said anything about me to DP that I'm aware of but DP says the exact same things to me when we argue, just because you have grown up with obnoxious people your whole life doesn't mean that "I act like I am better than you". Apart from the fact that DP and SIL think MIL having no filter & not thinking before she speaks is funny 😒😒😒 ..no, it hurts peoples feelings.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lissymama For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (17-09-2015),littlelove  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My MIL proceeded to stick her fingers in DDs mouth just last night TWICE not only has she been sick but she licked her own fingers, dunked them in sauce before putting them in her mouth. DD is 11 wks she shouldnt be having seafood sauce that has had frigging prawns dragged through it for one and two even if it were okay you do not use your dirty grotty fingers that have been peeling prawns, touching utensils in a all you can eat restaurant and licked IN HER MOUTH. Her comment "oh but i washed my hands before i started eating"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh that's disgusting!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (14-01-2015),Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My germaphobe sirens just went off. That is revolting! I would have probably lost it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissymama View Post
    This sounds like my life! Except that both SIL & MIL haven't said anything about me to DP that I'm aware of but DP says the exact same things to me when we argue, just because you have grown up with obnoxious people your whole life doesn't mean that "I act like I am better than you". Apart from the fact that DP and SIL think MIL having no filter & not thinking before she speaks is funny 😒😒😒 ..no, it hurts peoples feelings.
    My MIL gets away with shocking comments all the time because she has no filter. Dh and his siblings brush it off because it's just the way she is. I don't think it's okay she's being hurtful and cruel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    My germaphobe sirens just went off. That is revolting! I would have probably lost it!
    I did lose it. I saw red. I was shaking i was so angry. Still am. Everyone at the table said something to her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    I did lose it. I saw red. I was shaking i was so angry. Still am. Everyone at the table said something to her.
    I'm glad you didn't have to argue that point alone, at least you had support there! I can't believe how careless people can be with little ones. I would be super p!ssed too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    My MIL proceeded to stick her fingers in DDs mouth just last night TWICE not only has she been sick but she licked her own fingers, dunked them in sauce before putting them in her mouth. DD is 11 wks she shouldnt be having seafood sauce that has had frigging prawns dragged through it for one and two even if it were okay you do not use your dirty grotty fingers that have been peeling prawns, touching utensils in a all you can eat restaurant and licked IN HER MOUTH. Her comment "oh but i washed my hands before i started eating"

That is so gross, and so wrong!!! All of the bacteria she exposed your tiny DD to! I would have been so furious

16. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precisely the reason why she will never be allowed to babysit without my FIL there.

Heres another one; she insisted on using a car seat she had at her place. It was covered in mould, the plastic shell was broken and brittle and its over 8 years old. No flipping way!!